• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mathematics Club ~ *ΜΑΘ* ~

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
Well, I sure forgot about this place @-@ Nyeh... I remembered it because I have somewhat mehish news.

I only have two more math classes left until I've finished all of the math I need in college :/ Calculus II and Stats. Everything after would be an empty credit. So I'm quite sad, yet happy.

Ascaris

boogey
Years
Username: i dont know
Overall Education Level: 12th grade
Mathematics Education Level (Or most recent/advanced math subject): im pretty much thorough on all forms of algebra, euclidean and cartesian geometry and basic multivariable calculus.
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: sure. as long as you dont ask me questions about statistics. i hate statistics.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Username: Corvidae
Overall Education Level: Going into Freshman year college next year
Mathematics Level (Or most recent/advanced math subject): I took stats and calculus, but I was horrible at stats and my calculus is rusty.
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Pre-calc and I'm there. I'm taking calculus in college again for a reason.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
This thread needs a deserved bump :)

Username: 2cool4mewtwo
Overall Education Level: Senior in high school.
Mathematics Education Level (Or most recent/advanced math subject): AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics
Do you think you can be asked for help in your level or lower?: Calc AB I'm somewhat comfortable with, though I'm not that reliable on what I'm learning right now :P

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
I remember posting here before, don't know why I stopped...

Anyways, I've got my advance math classes these days, and they are just so unappealing.
Stupid Differential Calculus or whatever it's called.

I'm stuck on these questions, I'm afraid to admit, I need to work over them again x)

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
I remember posting here before, don't know why I stopped...

Anyways, I've got my advance math classes these days, and they are just so unappealing.
Stupid Differential Calculus or whatever it's called.

I'm stuck on these questions, I'm afraid to admit, I need to work over them again x)
Ooo! I took that last semester at the community college I attend :3 I might be able to help :D I made an A in the class and I'm currently in Integral Calculus myself.

Years
Ahh. Calculus. XD I took that last... spring. I might have to take it again in the winter quarter. I need some practice, I'm already rusty. =\

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
I'm studying calculus right now. I might be able to help as well.

In fact, I have an exam based on Differentiation and Integration in a few days.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
Could you guys give this question a try:

BJicO.gif

I was able to integrate it using the substitution t^20 = x and got a long answer. Is there an easier way to solve it?

Years
I've been doing some more thinking on your problem and have come up with a possible simplification.

You could try the substitution t = x^k^-1, where k is any real number.

What that does is inverse the power so you still end up with t^5 and t^4 on the denominator but it should simplify the numerator and make the integrand easier to tackle. I haven't run through the maths or anything but if you want, try it and see.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
You mean take t = x^(1/20)? (t = x^20^-1 ?)

I tried that, gives a long answer. It requires applying the binomial theorem with a power of 15)

Or something else like t = 1/x^k? How? :/

Years
I meant what I typed out exactly.

t = x^k^-1

So for the first term you have x^(1/5) so the transformation gives t^5 and the second term goes from x^(1/4) to t^4

If that makes sense.

Edit: The transformation inverses the power of x or in other words you flip the fractions over.

Last edited:
Back