• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mega Evolution Challenge 2.0!

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    The Mega Evolution Challenge!

The Mega Evolution Challenge is a challenge that isn't too hard to figure out. You simply play through the game using Pokemon that can use the brand new Mega Evolution feature introduced in Pokemon X and Y. Of course, in future games, there may be more Mega Evolutions, and I say the more the merrier!

Rules!

Rule #4 is the same for both options:

4. Trading or hacking are allowed only if you fit one of the following categories:

A. Your chosen team does not follow rule 3.
    B. A Pokemon/Mega Stone you want is exclusive to the other version(s) in that region.
    C. A desired Pokemon is not available in your region, but is still in your regional Pokedex.

In the case of scenario A, the level of the Pokemon you trade or hack in must be below the level of the next Gym Leader's weakest Pokemon. In the other cases, your desired Pokemon must be below the level of your weakest Pokemon.

Modern Mega Evolution Challenge!

1. This form of challenge is only available to games that have the Mega Evolution feature included. I will list them below:

Spoiler:

2. You may only use Pokemon that can Mega Evolve in the game you are playing. As this list fluctuates from game to game, each game will be different in what available choices you have for diversity.

3. You must obtain one of your Pokemon before you obtain the Mega Ring.

5. There is no Ultimate for this challenge yet, as only two sets of games are confirmed with Mega Evolution, but if/when more come out, there should be an Ultimate of at least four regions.

6. Hacks that feature Mega Evolution are only included if their Mega Evolutions conform with those of the generation they are meant to fit with, for example not adding or removing and Megas. Any that don't are included in Retro.

Retro Mega Evolution Challenge!

1. This challenge is completed in games that do not have Mega Evolutions, but can also be applied for games that do.

2. Your team must consist of any Pokemon that can Mega Evolve in the current generation of games, a list below:
    Spoiler:

3. You must obtain your first Pokemon before you obtain your third Gym badge.

5. An Ultimate in Retro is defined as finishing the first five regions, the ones without Mega Evolution, in the Retro format. These are not only allowed, but encouraged, and the indication for an Ultimate is in the sign-up.

How to Sign Up!

Your sign-up form must look like this:

Username: Feraligatr13
    Mode: Retro
    (Retro only) Ultimate?: Not for now
    Game(s): Blue, Silver, Ruby
    Team (Optional): Blastoise, Kangaskhan (Blue), Ampharos, Heracross, Houndoom (Silver), Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Banette (Ruby)

Challengers!
    Spoiler:

Champions!
    Spoiler:

Enjoy those Mega Evolutions!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Creative challenge, sounds fun, i'll give it a try

Username: Dara
    Game: Red
    Team: Venusaur, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, and Alakazam

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    THIS CHALLENGE SHALL BE MINE! But seriously it looks fun and I will do this :P good thing I own Y.

Username: SuperGamer543210
    Game(s): Y
    Team (Optional): Lucario (Mah favorite Pokemon :D)
    , Mewtwo, Charizard, Manectric, Houndoom, Gyarados

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    Quick status update
    -Used the "Universal Pokemon Randomizer" on my rom of Red to remove trade evolution and make Pokemon names lowercase (Ex- Pidgey not PIDGEY) Kadabra now evolves at level 40
    -Chose Bulbasaur as my starter
    -Tackled everything to death in Viridian Forest
    -Defeated Brock, and Bulbasaur evolved right after his defeat
    -Made my way to Misty's gym, and soloed with Ivysaur
    -Destroyed Green's team and helped out Bill
    -Currently on my way to Vermilion City

2/8
    :t002: Lvl 29

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    imma do this

Player name: Thomas
    Username: thomasgdl11
    Game: Pokemon Zeta (If not allowed i'l do pokemon i dont know yet :P)
    Team to be: Golurk, Swampert, Venusaur, Feligatr, Garchomp, Cacturne

By the way, Pokemon Zeta add new Mega and remove some :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    By the way, Pokemon Zeta add new Mega and remove some :P

Yeah, I thought it was weird that you had Feraligatr in your team (although I do wish it had a Mega :(). I'm just going to go take a look at this Pokemon Zeta, but other than that, you're approved.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Alright! BTW it is two games: Pokemon Zeta and Pokemon Omicron but i will only play zeta

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Important question: i cant get a mega evolution Pokemon from the start. Is it ok if i keep my starter until i get one? Anyway i started it like that.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Important question: i cant get a mega evolution Pokemon from the start. Is it ok if i keep my starter until i get one? Anyway i started it like that.

Yes, since you start with Bellsprout, Magby, and Horsea, none of which can Mega Evolve.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Added Sceptile, Swampert, Sableye, and Diancie to the list of available Pokemon.

Also, since there was only one legendary Pokemon that could Mega Evolve, and now there are more, I've removed rules 1b and 1c. 1b explained the ban on legendaries, but since the rules explicitly states only Mega Evolving Pokemon are allowed, I removed it. 1c was about Mega Latios and Latias that have been rumored about all over the Internet. Since more Pokemon that had speculation were given Mega Evolutions, I removed this rule as it is covered by 1d (now 1b).

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre are debatable. Once we find out more about the method of "Primal Reversion", I will be able to determine whether the method is akin enough to Mega Evolution to allow it in this challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    Username: AoTora
    Game(s): BlazeBlack, BlazeBlack 2
    Team (Optional): Alakazam, Kangaskhan,Aerodactyl,Ampharos, Lucario and Sceptile (BlazeBlack).
    Gardevoir, Houndoom, Swampert,Absol, Mawile, Lucario.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Username: AoTora
    Game(s): BlazeBlack, BlazeBlack 2
    Team (Optional): Alakazam, Kangaskhan,Aerodactyl,Ampharos, Lucario and Sceptile (BlazeBlack).
    Gardevoir, Houndoom, Swampert,Absol, Mawile, Lucario.

Added. Your sprites in the challengers list look a little different because I used the BW2 mini sprites rather than the Bulbapedia mini sprites this time.

While I was on the topic of modifying this challenge, I decided to give the whole thing a complete overhaul, by adding the Modern and Retro versions. The Modern version is for people who want to actually use their Mega Evolutions in teams to see how they would actually do, and Retro is meant to use the same team, but in an older generation with different algorithms and formats. I hope this system works well; if not, I'll recombine them into one.

Starting soon, hopefully tomorrow, I will be uploading my progress on my Mega Evolution Challenge sign-up via YouTube. To anyone who has YouTube, that is an option that you may use to upload your progress. If you do, you must list your team and your badge count along with the video.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    I'm back with an update on my challenge in Red! Also, I'll be doing a little improvisation on my team; two is too small for an entire playthrough.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Error: you are playing blue and calling it red :P Sorry if i dont post updates, i dont have the time

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2021
    Error: you are playing blue and calling it red :P Sorry if i dont post updates, i dont have the time

Right, I'm playing Blue.

Sorry for the lack of updates, my computer screen just broke and it took a couple of days to find a temporary fix.

Wow, this challenge hasn't had a lot of attention.

Well, I am sad to say that I had to reset my computer to remove potential malware. I saved my important stuff, including the file for this challenge, but I still feel the need to restart since it's been too long. I'll be back with an update!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back