• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Merchant of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    The Merchant of Death

Background:

In the early 20th century there was a rumor of an island off the coast of the Johto Region. Scientist's, historians, and pokemon trainers alike set out on expeditions to find this island but none of the journeys were successfull, except for one. An 18 year old trainer by the name of Rurik Groden was the only person to every find the island although this has never been a proven historical fact since he has never been seen since he left for the island in 1939. His story is known because his journal washed ashore mysteriously in 1955 in it contained his daily log and activities as well as strange markings and symbols that have never been deciphiered. Many scientiest's, and explorers explained this as a hoax and that Groden was living in the Kanto or Orre Regions. The truth is nobody knows what really happened to Groden or how his journal just mysteriously washes up 16 years later, fact is the island that was rumored to exsist has never been found and everyone has given up on ever finding it.

Plot:

The year is 2009 and a myestious letter has appeared on your pillow in your bedroom. At this point you have yet to become a pokemon trainer for various reasons, and deep down inside you have always felt you were meant to be one. As you open the letter a strange feeling comes over you almost as if death itself were in your room. As the letter unfolds you start to read it.

Dear (your name),

It is my pleasure to announce that you have been invited to take part in a once in a life time event. I have been watching you for a long time and you seem to be the perfect canidate for this competition. You may be wondering what this event is so let me explain: I own a very prestigious and wonderous island off the coast of the Johto Region. I do not take well to visitors but I have decided to invite eight new pokemon trainers to my island to par take in a special pokemon league challenge. Now this league challenge will be very different then the regular gym challenges you may know of in your region, there is quit a few differences and twist but that will all be explained once you arrive. When you do arrive you will be given a starter pokemon to begin your journey with.
    Thank you for your time
    A Friend.
    P.S.: I dearly hope you chose to come, I promise it will be worth your time.

So your story begins here, as you embark on your very own pokemon journey shrouded in mystery and secrets. What will you discover on this island? Who sent this letter? And can you master this pokemon league challenge?

Starter pokemon to chose from:

The Merchant of Death
    PikaPal
    Bulbasaur lvl 5​

The Merchant of Death
    K9S8
    Cyndaquil lvl 5​

The Merchant of Death
    Tim0789
    Mudkip lvl 5​

The Merchant of Death
    Killer-G
    Pikachu lvl 5​

The Merchant of Death
    Dragax67
    Eevee lvl 5​

The Merchant of Death
    Veganmacandcheese
    Togepi lvl 5​

The Merchant of Death
    Lugi-a

Teddiursa lvl 5​

The Merchant of Death
    Ic3B3rgZ

Swinub lvl 5

Name:
    History:(Make sure to describe why you have yet to become a pokemon trainer)
    Personality:
    Appereance:
    Starter Pokemon: (Chose from list above)

(Make sure to put spaces in between each category so it's not all jumbled together)

Rules:
    Standard PC rules

• No god modding, no bunnying unless you discuss with me and other player.
    • Please be active
    • I say if you have caught the pokemon, end your post with the pokeball moving on the ground.
    • No legendaries can be caught... although this will change temporarly when I say

Last edited:

Dragax67

A Rookie Trainer raring to Go!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    I'd like to reserve Eevee, Please....

Name: Tyler Flarex

History: Make sure to describe why you have yet to become a pokemon trainer) Tyler was born in Blackthorn City. He was chosen to be a Dragon Apprentice, helping Clair and the other Dragon Trainers with chores and quests until he was able, at the age 0f 15, to recieve his first Pokemon, a Bagon. The apprenticeship was tough, and often Tyler got injured, and in one particular challenge was scarred for life. It was only due to this Tyler never recieved a Pokemon and left on a journey. The Pokemon he currently owned was a Dratini that was caught by Clair in the Dragons Den. However, it was not Tylers. He couldn't leave the Gym, but he could leave his apprenticeship. By doing this, he would need to leave the Dratini as well. Now, finding this letter, Tyler can leave his apprenticeship and finally own a Pokemon.

Personality: Tyler is a quiet and timid teenager, who tends to stay back from crowds and gatherings due to his claustrophobia. He is brave, and defends himself, and is determined. However, Tyler has Aspergers Syndrome. This, along with his quietness and shyness means he struggles to make friends, and struggles to understand expressions and why people get angry with him. However, people who can befriend him will find that he will be a caring and loyal friend.

Appearance: Tyler is a tall and pale skinned teenager. he is 5'7", and has Jet Black Spiky Hair. He is thin, and shows no sign of muscle. He has dark Brown eyes, and has a Scar on his left arm, when a Salamence attacked while he was helping calm it down. He wears a Bravery Kanji Headband, which is Black with red Kanji Symbols, and wears a Black T-Shirt with A red Scratch across it. It has torn sleeves, from his tough apprentice training. He also has 3/4 lengths. These are also torn and the ends. He has Black Trainers, and these are velcro.

Starter Pokemon: Eevee

Do you need an RP Sample?

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
    Years
  • Name: Sanji

History: Sanji was born in Celadon City, surrounded by beautiful perfumes and ladies. His family was a family known to be top coordinators. So Sanji's parents would always work him to become a top coordinator. They made him pratice every night and day, which meant he would get no sleep. At that time Sanji was seven, and this stress of lack of sleep, due to practice started to take its toll on him. So one day, while he was practicing at night, he threw up a smokescreen and ran away. He found it difficult to escape at first, but found someone who was willing to take him far away from his home. This man would later take Sanji under his wing and change his ideals. After Sanji turned nine, the old man taught Sanji how to cook the best food for Pokemon and humans. Sanji agreed and stopped his family's tradition to become a coordinator. Sanji instead chose to become a top chef. However, he still uses Pokemon to help in his cooking, as he did for his coordinator practice. Since he mostly uses fire Pokemon for his cooking, he has grown attached to fire type Pokemon. Sanji stopped didn't want to go out and become a trainer when he was ten, because he found that his true calling was cooking. Sanji has never left the kitchen to return to his parents. He believes that if he leaves and meets them again, they will never let him pursue his dream. That is why stayed in the restaurant and never leaves the old man's side.

Personality: Because Sanji was born around many beautiful woman and perfumes, his attractions to females is very strong. He immediately falls in love with any girl he sees on the street. Their scent is what attracts him, but he usually goes overboard when he starts flirting with a pretty woman. This problem is Sanji's main flaw, because he can never concentrate if a pretty girl is around him. Besides his girl issues, Sanji is a very reliable man who can get any job done around the kitchen. His reflexes are sharp from always cooking and being in the kitchen, making him very perceptive of what is going on around him. Sanji is serious, except with girls, calm, except with girls, and not very friendly, and again except with girls. He believes his strings trait is his determination to keep fighting till the war is won.

Appereance: Sanji is 5'6, has short blond hair, white skin, and curly eyebrows. His blue eyes that make him seem innocent and kind, but are indeed the opposite. He wears a pink apron when he is cooking at all times, so that his original attire does not get stained. His original attire is long black pants, black shoes, a red shirt that is covered by his black suit. Sanji usually does not change from these clothes, because he considers cooking a job. He says "If you want your food to taste good then you should dress yourself with good taste."

Starter Pokemon: Cyndaquil

RP Sample:
    Kaiser watched Seirgo come out of the lab and then left in a hurry. With Mime Jr. on his back and Seirgo behind him, Kaiser didn't have time to wait. "I have to free trainer's from this grasp that the mechamon have on them. So I better get some more Pokemon, right Mime?" Mime Jr. laughed as she nodded in agreement with Kaiser. "I see you like the idea of getting some new friends, but where do we find power Pokemon? What type or species, most likely a baby Pokemon to raise. With my breeder background I can raise them to be stronger than their natural form. Hopefully I want have another clown like you Mime. In this war I would rather have a knight then a joker." Kaiser said to his Pokemon.

Mime Jr. laughed and then immediately stopped after hearing the word "joker". She jumped off Kaiser's back and started to attack. She began shooting her Psybeams down on Kaiser. Kaiser dodged over and over then pulled a mirror out of his pocket. "Super special counter strike, Mirror Move." Kaiser shouted as the beam bounced back. Mime Jr. dodged her own attack then glared at him. "Mime Jr. you are not just a clown, but you are also a strong battler. You have a unique battling style that is trouble to your opponents. However, I also need someone who can battle with a different uniqueness. I didn't mean to insult you, I love you Mime Jr." Kaiser said grabbing Mime Jr. by her hands.

Mime Jr. started to tear up and then gave Kaiser a hug. As Kaiser embraced his Pokemon, he over heard two men fighting. Each of them were yelling about their Pokemon. One man on the left was wearing balck and red, the other on the right was wearing black and yellow.

"Electabuzz, is stronger than Magmar. He has a stronger physical and special attack. Your pathetic Magmar can't compare to that." yelled the man in yellow.

"Magmar, is stronger than Electabuzz. He has a stronger physical and special attack. Your pathetic Electabuzz can't compare to that." yelled the man in red.

"They are both yelling about the same thing, but I wonder?" Kaiser walked over to the Pokemon and examined them. He checked their heights, arms, and their bodies thoroughly. "I would have to say that both of them are physically fit, neither is any different from the other." Kaiser walked away. The two men became frustrated that Kaiser had told them their Pokemon were the same. "We are not equal, my Pokemon is the stronger one!" yelled both men at the same time. "I will prove how more powerful my Pokemon is, we challenge you!" yelled the men again.

"I accept your challenge, it's me and my partner versus you guys. Seirgo, get over here and prepare to battle!" yelled Kaiser. Mime Jr. took his position and prepared to battle.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Maddy McGee

Age - 16

Gender - female

History - Maddy doesn't have any parents to speak of; she's been living in an orphanage in Goldenrod City for as long as she can remember. Like most of the other kids in the orphanage, she's not a Trainer; the government simply can't afford to outfit all the orphaned children with Pokemon and supplies for them to take their journeys. She's been longing to be a Trainer all her life, though, and has made several attempts at escaping the shelter to catch a Pokemon of her own. She's even beat up several more fortunate kids who are Trainers, trying to steal their Pokemon for her own. Due to these behavioral issues, the orphanage was just about to ship her off to a residential home for troubled children, when she found the letter.

Personality: Maddy is quite a troubled girl. Besides the aforementioned breaking out of the orphanage and beating kids up to steal their Pokemon, she's done a few other things that teenagers... really shouldn't be doing. She's quick to anger, and when she gets angry she loses it. She's disliked almost instantly by virtually everyone she meets. Overall, she's a very unpleasant kid to deal with.

Appearance: Maddy is tall for her age and gender, approaching six feet. She's slim and fit, and rather well-endowed. Her eyes are green. Her hair is long and brown, and she keeps it tied up with a swatch of pink fabric used as a makeshift ribbon. Whenever the orphanage gives her clothes to wear, such as regular t-shirts and jeans, she ties the shirts to make them tighter and shorter, and cuts the jeans into short shorts as well. Every scrap of money she's able to spend on her own goes to high-heeled shoes and pink, shimmering makeup. Despite her angry personality, she's very feminine in appearance.

Starter Pokemon: Togepi

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Ah I did forget to mention that I would like an RP sample if you have one if not thats fine. Also the Rp will be in chapter format!

Dragax67: You are accpeted with Eevee as your starter!

K9S8: Good SU, you are accepted with Cyndaquil!

killer-g: Okay you have Pikachu Reserved, you have 24 hours to get an SU up. (Yes the RP is in chapter format!)

VeganMacAndCheese: Accepted with Togepi!

PikaPal: Bulbasaur is reserved for you! You have 24 hrs!

Tim0789: Mudkip is reserved for you! You have 24hrs!

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
  • Name: Nichole Fantom'e

History: Nichole Fantom'e grew up in the quiet town of Lavender, raised by her aunt and uncle. She had been born in Ecruteak City, where her parents were pokemon biologists. When she was three years old, her mother and father left to visit Goldenrod City, to attend a meeting held by Professor Elm. Not wanting to leave their young daughter home alone, they boarded the train to Kanto, to leave Nichole with her mother's sister for the week. Cindy Fantom'e kissed her young daugher goodbye on the steps to her sister's house, slipping a crescent shaped sapphire necklace around her neck.

"I'll be home really soon," she said, her smile brightening the young girl's tears. She didn't want to be left in this strange town, but she knew her parents would never abandon her. Mr. and Mrs. Fantom'e boarded the train for Johto once more, with the intention of returning in just a week. But something went terribly wrong, and the train had a head on collision with another "iron horse." Nichole's parents were both killed, and she was left to grow up with her aunt and uncle.

Both her aunt and her uncle were kind enough people, but they had something against the creatures called Pok'emon. Nichole was only able to watch them from afar, for she was not allowed to catch or play with them as a kid. She would sneak out of her room to go and stare out across the small pond near the woods in Lavender, where she would watch for Ghastly and Haunter to gather there. Sometimes, if she was lucky, she'd spot a Misdreavus. And one night she came face to face with funny looking purple mysterious pokemon. It looked almost like a balloon, and it flew away before Nichole could get a really good look. But from that moment on, she knew she was destined to become a great pokemon trainer.

Personality: Nichole is mostly a quiet person, but she is not shy by any means. She speaks her mind when it's needed, and never is afraid to stand up for herself. A first look at her appearance might make her seem like an arrogant person, but in reality she is really a down to earth girl with a kind heart. Nichole also prefers ghost type pokemon to all others, and dreams of one day getting the chance to see every one that exists.

Appereance: Nichole has long golden blonde hair that hits right above her behind. She has the figure of an hourglass, and a rather large chest. She wears tight black jeans and a tight deep purple colored tank top, wears lacey purple fingerless gloves and has black high heeled boots that cover the bottoms of her jeans on her feet. A crescent shaped sapphire on a gold chain which once belonged to her mother adorns her neck.

Starter Pokemon: Bulbasaur

RP sample:

The blond haired girl leaned against the decaying tree, the fog swirling about before her, concealing her from view. She held her sketch pad tightly against her chest, her eyes searching the area for any pokemon to drift along past her. It was her nightly routine since she was 10 years of age; she would sit under this same tree, and sketch or write about any pokemon she would see. She was now 17, and still didn't have a pokemon of her very own.

"They can carry diseases!" Her aunt's nasily voice rang inside her ears, "you don't know what they could be carrying!" Nichole Fantom'e shook her head as she recalled the same old reason her aunt told her she couldn't be a trainer. She sighed. One day, she'd have one of her very own. One day...

Last edited:

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    PikaPal: Great SU! The history was very well written! ACCEPTED! :)

Since i've had a few requests for other people wanting to join I have expanded the count from 6 Rpers to 8 Rpers.

Lugi-a and Ic3B3rgZ you are both reserved! You have 24 hours to get an SU up!

Last edited:

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • Name: Leonidas 'Leo' Demitrei
    History: Leonidas comes from a family full of 'old money' residing in Kanto. He was spoilt ever since he was born, him and his twin sister Echo. They got the best out of the best, and were always pulled from dinner party to dinner party to show off exactly how adorable they were. So, growing up, Leo did learn to be confident, how to present himself so that others smiled and called him adorable, or a perfect little gentleman.

This caused quite the development of cockiness in his personality. He is the master of the cocky grin and the half-smile that said all there was need of knowing. He went through school being quite popular, along with his sister. It was always Leonidas and Echo, the two of them against the world. The attractive rich kids that ruled the school, which was just as Echo wanted it, but he wanted more. Of course, he wouldn't voice this thought, for she was good where she was, and their father seemed to insist that he took over the family business and stayed in school instead of going on those "abhorrent" journeys.

So Leo stayed put where he was, worked in school and toward University. He was in constant competition with his sister, for that was how she was, and she always seemed to be a step ahead of him, but he didn't mind. He was still longingly waiting for adventure, the clichéd spoilt rich kid, not happy with everything that's given to him. Good for Leonidas, then, that one day a letter simply 'appeared' on his pillow.

It took some convincing, and great acting if he may say so himself, to convince his parents to let him to go. He shove it off to the fact that he had just graduated high school, and a break might be beneficial to him. Lots of ******** like that later, and he was on his way to this man with even more money than his family, with his sketchy private island. Oh, yes. He was excited.

Personality: Leonidas is very confident in his abilities. He was top student in school, he went well with the ladies and he had everything going on for him. Stereotype prep-school god. And he definitely fit the tall, dark and hansome bill. Pretty much his life worked for him, instead of against him.

He is flirtatious and cocky and his main goal in life is to have fun, one way or another. That does not mean that he did not inherit a very ambitious personality. Leo is in it to win it, and watch out, because he will definitely pull everything out of the closet to achieve this. Leonidas is not above lowly schemes if he thinks they are necessary. He really is not.

Acting is also an ability that Leo has. He is a great actor in a way that he is a great liar. He hides his emotions when he has to, and he fakes them. Half of the time what is showing on his face might not be felt in his brain, and be a skilled lie detector to find out when this is true. But all in all Leonardo is playful, flirty and simply enjoying himself most of the time. He likes company, and if it were unwanted on the other side, then it would be even more priced by him.

Appearance: Leonidas has those boyish good looks. He has longish, shaggy black curls that is just long enough to be stylish, paired with a darker complexion that suggest his Greek descent as much as his name does. If to match the rest of his dark looks, his eyes are completely charcoal black. He has a smile of straight pearly teeth that he is not afraid to use, and a slightly muscular and tall build giving him the stereotype tall, dark and handsome label. A label that he is very proud of, mind you.

Clothing-wise, Leo likes his prep-school looks. He wears the whole blazer-look proudly with a navy blazer and a white shirt underneath. He wears black dress-pants underneath, but casually tips it off with white and red converse. He does have a change of a loose dark striped shirt just in case, however. It's a button up that is rarely actually buttoned up, and the sleeves are also rarely at his wrists and more likely around his elbows.

His bag is a simple brown messenger bag holding all of his dark secrets. And, of course, the basics. Don't forget the basics.

Starter Pokemon: Teddiursa

Last edited:
    Years
  • Name: Kurt
    Sex: Male
    Appearance
    Kurt isn't strongly built, and doesn't necessarily believe he needs to be. He is a fairly slim boy of about 178 centimetres (5'10"), but that's measured when he has his shoes on. He is a decent height for his age, and already towers above both his mother and his grandmother. He has blue eyes and brown hair which goes past his eyes (although he usually brushes it to the side with his hand so it only covers his forehead). It's usually messy rather than straight. He doesn't wear glasses. He usually is seen wearing swamp green cargo pants, a black t-shirt which either has nothing or the name of a musical group of some sort printed on it, and an overcoat if he is cold at the time. He wears old runners (sneakers) that used to belong to his dad.

Personality
    Kurt is a generally nice person. He doesn't speak for the heck of it - though, and if he is in a group he usually lets other people do the speaking. He has a habit of being a perfectionist, and this sometimes frustrates him. He can control his emotions, and usually doesn't give anybody a clue to what he is thinking, which works out good and bad in different ways. He isn't judgemental of others because of their looks or other things that they can't help, but he makes decisions quickly on whether he likes or dislikes others, and once he has done that it is quite hard to convince him otherwise due to his stubbornness. He is particularly shy around girls - he easily blushes and gains a shaky voice around those whom he likes.

History
    Kurt was born in Ecruteak City. He is not related to anybody of importance, but his older sister is one of the Kimono Dancers in the Ecruteak Dance Theatre. He was raised by his mother and grandmother, as his father was still off on his own Pokemon Journey in another region and was absent for his childhood years. When he came back, his father had realised his mistakes, as his son and him were very distant from each other. This was the first sign of Kurt making a quick decision about another person. His father stayed for three years and Kurt didn't ease up a bit. When he left for another journey when Kurt was eleven, it only strengthened his theory. Up until now, Kurt had seen going on a journey as something bad, because of the impact it had had on him. After receiving the mysterious letter signed only by "A Friend" and the realisation that he wouldn't be leaving anybody behind, he decided it was a good idea to go.

He was part of a large group of people for his first six schooling years, but as he reached higher stages he gradually lost friends. He now has a lot more acquaintances, and only three or so people that he can actually trust. It didn't mean he was a loner at all, he talked to people often - he just didn't have that many people who he felt close to. This impacted him. He never had a girlfriend - not because he didn't want one. A few people had asked him out, but he didn't consider himself in love back with those certain people and would feel a little shallow for those things. These people who asked him out were generally the popular girls, which was one of the reasons he lost a few friends - people thought he was an idiot after rejecting them. The close friends he has now know him for who he is, a wise boy who is mature, but still able to fit in with society.

I realise the spots are reserved, but I figured if one becomes un-reserved you could put me in the roleplay somewhere. I'm happy with any remaining starter, but out of the three left in order I'd prefer Mudkip, Pikachu then Teddiursa.

killer-g

S to the o
    Years
  • Name:Sergio dos Santos

Age 14

gender male

History: Sergio was Born in cianwood city, he is the son of an important researcher from cianwood this researcher was specialised in mutations and even ones tried one on Sergio which resulted in him from that day understanding pokemon language This happened when Sergio was three, he had no mother because she died giving brth to Sergio. When Sergio turned five they moved to newbark city because his father got a request to become professor elm's aid. Since Sergio moved to New bark city he got more and more pokemon friends then he ever had in cianwood city he was happy to loive in newbark town and he was proud of his father. But when Sergio was eight something tragic happened when Sergio and his father were in mount silver investigating the wild pokemon and their behaviour, When Sergio was playing with a phanpy Sergio fell from a cliff it was not too hih about 1 meter but Sergio fell in coma. When Sergio was 12 he woke up in the hospital, he asked for his father but he was at work somtime after he went back to newbark town, his father was very happy to see him, because of this incident he wasn't aloud to travel and become a pokemon trainer because, his father might lose him again. Yesterday Sergio found the letter on his pillow and he is preparing to leave newbark town and to become a pokemon trainer.

Personality: Sergio is a very kind boy, he is kindhearted and looks after other people he isn't shy and he likes to play with pokemon he gets irritated when people hurt pokemon or threat them badly He easily makes friends and would love to meet new friends for a change instead of only pokemon.

Appereance: Sergio has black curly hair. He has brown eyes and he has thin eyebrows which are obviously black, he has a scar just on the right of his nose but it is unknown how he got it, He wears a green t-shirt with a pokeball in the middle, he has a blue pair of jeans and he has blue and white sneakers. sometimes he wears a cap but he wears it with the front on the back, just like ash when he was going to catch a pokemon in season 1, he also has a green polo for a party, and during the night when he goes to bed he wears a red t-shirt and red short.

Starter Pokemon: pikachu

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Lugi-a: Great SU! But I wouldn't expect anything less from you! XD

Kiler-g: Everything was good, except for your grammer, I will accept you just promise me you'll do better with the grammer once the RP gets underway. :)

As for ShadowDragon (Who yes I do remeber you XD) and Eliminator jr I will let you both no if spots open up!

On a side note we are waiting on two people to get there SU's up, when at least one of them does we shall get underway with the first chapter XD!

Dragax67

A Rookie Trainer raring to Go!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 14, 2015
    Oh....I never posted an Rp Sample. Just so you can see, heres a sample from:
    [ + + ]Ready Steady Go~A Pokemon Academy RPG[ + + ]
    Seth was still outside. He had hunted around the edge of the shoreline for Typhlux, and found him growling across the water, at a Gijinka who seemed to be distant, probably not one of the locals. He bent over and stroked Typhlux's head. It had taken him all night, and he was feeling tired. He hadn't met his roommates.
    "Hey little Guy, you worried me. Its taken me ages to find you, because you vanished. We need to get to our dorms. C'mon." He said.
    Typhlux looked at him, and as Seth turned to walk away, Typhlux ran beside him. Seth took this chance to look around the Academy. he noticed the Battlegrounds, and then took a more detailed look at the area the Academy was. he noticed the Gijinka colonies and that there were a lot, but some seemed to be more friendly than others.
    "Y'know, theres gonna be battles and all sorts of stuff going on....and to make it worse, I've met no-one. I'm gonna go and sit near the entrance hall. Maybe we can meet someone."
    Seth sat down on one of the walls near the Academy's entrance. He saw the balcony to his room, and instead of going upstairs to reach it, he felt adventurous and decided he would take a chance to do some climbing. He jumped from the wall to a tree, then climbed up it. He swung from branch to branch and landed on a balcony. The one to his dorm. He threw his bag and other belongings on him into the room, then jumped down onto a second balcony. As he went to jump for another balcony, he slipped and was about to fall.
    "TANOBY!" He yelled, throwing a Pokeball into midair."GET ME OUTTA THIS MESS!" Tanoby the Aerodactyl swooped in midair, and pulled Seth into midair. Then Tanoby flew to the door of the Entrance hall and dropped Seth on the floor. Typhlux was laughing and Seth just realised that everyone, Gijinka and human could have just seen his crazy antics.
    "Ohh....Man..." Seth said, collapsing to the floor. "I'm NEVER doing that again."

tim0789

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2013
    SU!

Name: Red Kenem

History: Red was born on 2 island, which is one of the islands off the shore of Kanto. Red's father held a small training dojo on island and was quite successful. At the age of five Red was watching one of his father's training battles against a mysterious man in a black cloak. Red's father won the battle and went to shake the trainer's hand. The man seemed to shake back, but as his hand grasped around the hand of Red's father electricity began to surge everywhere knocking Red's father to the ground. Red rushed over but the man summoned an areodactyle and took off through the ceiling, he looked back over and his father lay lifeless. After this Red and his older brother began to take on jobs to help out their mom who had been hit hard. At the age of ten Red's brother who was now 15 decided it was time he left to start a journey and said that Red would have to be the bread winner. This is the reason Red has yet to start his journey, but he does wish to start it soon.

Personality: Red is an outgoing, polite person who believes in doing the right thing. Since he had to start working at the age of six, he has a very good work ethic but sometimes he pushes himself to hard. If you know Red and you get into a jam, you can bet he'll be there to help. He cares a lot for his mother who is sickly and now moving into a nursing home. Because of the death of his father, and the fact that he hasn't heard from his brother since he left for his journey it's hard for Red to get close to anyone.

Appereance:Red stands at about 5 foot 6 inches which is kind of short for his age but he makes up for it in muscle size. He wears an old green trench coat that used to be his fathers over top of a black muscle shirt. His hair stands up and is very spikey. His hair also has a golden tip on the front spike. He always wears blue and white basketball shoes no matter what the situation is.
    Starter Pokemon: Mudkip

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Dragax: Thanks for the RP sample :)!

Tim0789: Very intriguing history! Accepted!

Attention everyone the first chapter of the RP should be up within an hour so look for it in this post!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Chapter 1
    The Island, and New Challenges Await

Post 1
    You have just found the mysterious letter lying on your pillow, and instantly you have no idea what to think. The letter has no directions on how to even get to this so called island, and how can you even trusts that it exsist. You may ether decide right away, or be stuck debating for awhile before you finally pack a few things up and head out the door. You decide that it would most likely be best to head in the direction of Johto and find a boat.

Along the way you realize how dangerous it really is to be walking around alone without a pokemon, and after an hour or so a strange fog covers you and you start getting an eerrie sensation before you are approached by a man in what seems to be a captains outfit. (There is a different captain for each of so describe how you'd like, and give him a creepy look if you please)

"You must be (your name), I've been searching for you. I'm here to take you to the island now come on we haven't much time before sun set" the man says as he beckons you to follow. You try asking him several questions about the island and it's owner but the man just ignores you saying you don't have time to ask questions. After awhile of walking you finally come upon a small ship and as you step on the deck the captain begins to talk. "Now i'm sorry about this next part but it's the only way to get you to the island without knowing how to get there" the man says you feel a strange sensation throughout your head and your eyes slowly become heavy before finally passing out.

What to do:
    • describe how you feel about this letter and how long it takes to debate on weather or not to go
    • Describe your journey towards Johto and then the approachment of the captain
    • Finally talk about feeling the strange sensation and passing out.
    Part 2
    You are suddenly awoken forcefully by the man who brought you to the island and as you slowly make your way to your feet he apologizes but tells you that you have arrived. Although you can't see much as there is to a thick fog surronding the area. One thing you do notice is a huge mansion sitting atop a cliff right above your boat. The captain then tells you to hurry towards the mansion as you won't want to be outside once it the sun fully sets.

Once inside he leads you to a metting room where you notice there are seven other people sitting around a huge metting table. You start to wonder just how rich this guy is, and exactly why he decided to hold this special league. After a while of sitting around (and possibly chatting with another RPer if you discuss it with someone else) a man enters the room. This man is wearing a black tuxedo and is holding a cane, immediatly you wonder if he is indeed the one who sent you the letter. He then walks to the front of the room and begins to talk.

"AH! I see everyone has made it here without any problems, and i'm very happy that you all decided to join this special journey. As you may have guessed this is my island and for the most part you are the first outsiders to ever be granted entrance here" the man says as he claps his hands and strangely enough eight pokeballs shoot up from the ground and just float in place in front of the man.

"Now I would like each of you to come up and grab the pokeball with your name on, this will be your starter pokemon and most definatly your best friend on this island for the next few months" the man says as you make your way to get your first pokemon.

What to do:
    • Describe the strange fog on the island, and the last thing the captain said about not being outside at night.
    • Describe the mansion and the metting room, as well as the other RPers.
    • If you would like you may interact with another Rper briefly if you and the person agree on it.
    • And finally describe the man in the Tux, your feelings toward him so far, and the anticipation of meeting you first pokemon.
    Post 3
    After formally metting your starter pokemon you return to you seats as the man continues to talk.

"Now on to the rules of this league, as I mentioned it is set up differently then most pokemon leagues. In my opinion pokemon is all about the survival of the fitest that is why this league is set up into rounds. Each round will end when I say so, at the end of everyone round one player will be elimanted from the league." The man hesitates after that sentence and a strange grin comes across his face.

"The way you survive each round is by not being the trainer with the least amount of battle points at the end. Battle points are awarded by beating any of my trainers on the island, you met one of the trainers today which was the captain who brought you here. So basically after tonight you will be released out into the wilderness of the island to fend on your own finding food, shelter, and protection from wild pokemon, while trying to find trainers to battle and win battle points, like I said survival of the fitest. Now as most of you are probably wondering what the winner will get lets just say, fame, fortune, and his ticket home" The man says as you are a little shocked at the last statement made, what did he mean the winner gets a ticket home.... Did that mean everyone else was stuck on this island? Whatever it meant it means things just got intresting.

Finally the man leaves and you are approached by a butler who leads you all to seperate rooms at different parts of the mansion, before he leaves you he hands you five pokeballs to use on capturing wild pokemon.

What to do:
    • Describe how you feel about the rules and set up of this league
    • Describe the what goes through your mind when the man says the winner recieves his ticket home.
    • And finally describe what emotions are going through your mind, how confident you feel about winning on the walk to your room.
    • Most importantly get some sleep tommorrow starts an intresting chapter of your life.

Last edited:

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
  • The blonde haired girl sighed heavily as she gazed outside her bedroom window. The early morning mist was slowly fading through the quiet town of Lavender. The sun had just barely began to peak over the top of the mountains, bathing the town in that bluish glow of early morning.

For most people who rose at early morning who didn't have a high demanding work schedule, dawn was a peaceful and relaxing time of day. But for Nichole Fantom'e it was depressing and miserable. To her it meant the excitement of watching the ghost pokemon drift about the town was over. All day she looked foreward to watching the pokemon appear, hoping she might just spot that strange balloon-looking one once more. And as she watched the sun make more of an appearance, she realized it would be another day before she got the chance again. With one final crestfallen look at the beginning of a new day, she backed away from the window and shut the curtains, making her bedroom fade to almost darkness.

"Nichole! Breakfast!" Her aunt's nasily voice called from downstairs. Nichole sighed once more. Her aunt and uncle were always up at the crack of dawn; Jack, her uncle, worked at the power plant a little ways north of Lavender, and Suzy, her aunt ran a flower and berry shop in town. Nichole had been helping her aunt in the store since she was ten years old, and still hated it as much as she did the first day.

"Hurry or it'll get cold!" Suzy yelled a few moments later. Though her aunt and uncle were never mean to her, they never understood Nichole fully, how she could waste so much of her thoughts and precious time on those "hideous and disgusting little vermin." They blamed it on the girls traumatic childhood and ignored it most of the time.

"I'm coming!" Nichole yelled back, slipping into her tight black jeans. She shed her short satiny nightgown and slipped on her close-fitting deep purple tank top, her mother's sapphire pendant glittering despite the fact that there was no light to touch it. Her lacey gloves were on next, and she sat down on her bed to slip into her knee high black boots.

As she finished the final lace, she leaned back on the bed. Her eyes travelled to the ceiling, and she lost herself for a moment in thoughts about her parents. "You're going to be a great pokemon trainer, Niki," her parents voice rang in her head, using the nickname only they had called her, "as soon as you're ten years old, you'll have a pokemon of your very own!" A mental image of a young blonde haired girl, only 2 years old, playing with a pokeball in her hands crossed Nichole's mind. Her mother was standing there, playing with her daughter's long hair lovingly, her father proudly standing beside his wife. A great pokemon trainer....

A knock on her door shot Nichole out of her reverie. "I'm coming!" she called, and she heard her aunt's impatient footsteps retreat down the hall and back down the stairs. Grumbling, Nichole sat up, pushing down on her fluffy white pillow to brace herself. But instead of feeling the soft texture of the pillow, her hand came down on a jagged edge. She moved her hand quickly, and spotted an envelope sitting there. She blinked, confused, and reached and picked it up, her hands trailing over the paper. Judging by the weight and the thickness of the paper, she knew it was made out of expensive parchment.

Her fingers traced the front of the envelope. The words "Nichole" were written in cursive golden-colored ink on the front. That's it. No last name. No address. Just "Nichole." Did her aunt and uncle leave it for her without telling her? No, she quickly thought, they always made some excuse to open her mail when she got any. Something this suspicious they definitely would have opened. Hearing her name called once more from down stairs, Nichole decided to pocket the letter and open it after she ate her breakfast, when she wouldn't have to rush.

After she managed to scarf down two waffles and a glass of milk, Nichole Fantom'e quickly scurried out the door before her aunt could ask her why she was in such a rush. She was thankfully able to tone out her aunt and uncle's discourteous conversation about how disgusting Uncle Jack's boss's Machamp is, and how the fighting type pokemon are starting to do more of the jobs then the workers were at the plant. When normally Nichole would mutter something in the nature of "Machamp's four arms are more attractive then your face is," she was so involved in her own thoughts about the letter that she just didn't hear the harsh comments.

Nichole fingered the letter that was buried in her coat pocket. The crisp morning air tried to bite through the thick long jacket, but the thick leather kept her nice and warm. She hurried to the safest haven she had during the day; the tiny library of Lavender town. She nodded a greeting to the librarian, and rushed to find herself a secluded table. She quickly tore through the thick envelope, her fingers stumbling excitedly to open up the letter that was concealed inside. It was made of the same thick material, and the same golden script met her eyes as she began to read.

Dear Nichole,

It is my pleasure to announce that you have been invited to take part in a once in a life time event. I have been watching you for a long time and you seem to be the perfect canidate for this competition. You may be wondering what this event is so let me explain: I own a very prestigious and wonderous island off the coast of the Johto Region. I do not take well to visitors but I have decided to invite eight new pokemon trainers to my island to par take in a special pokemon league challenge. Now this league challenge will be very different then the regular gym challenges you may know of in your region, there is quit a few differences and twist but that will all be explained once you arrive. When you do arrive you will be given a starter pokemon to begin your journey with.

Thank you for your time
    A Friend.

Nichole looked at the fancy letter in complete disbelief. watching me? A perfect candidate? My own pokemon? She thought, rereading the letter a second and a third time. She had no idea what to think. Sure the idea of someone watching her was a creepy thought, but she had never told anyone that she wanted to be a trainer. She had no friends to talk pokemon with, and her aunt and uncle forbade her to become a trainer. So who in the world knew her deepest desire?

"Can I help you find something?" The librarian's voice scared Nichole out of her thoughts. She jumped nearly a foot, before realizing who was speaking.

"Oh, uh, no, no thanks," she said, standing up. She smiled at the woman before rushing out of the building, the letter in hand. She practically stumbled down the steps down to the street, her thoughts lost in the words of the letter.

A special pokemon league? she repeated the words in her head, how is this possible? Is it some kind of hoax? The thought of an adventure made her heart race with excitement. Though she always felt trapped with Uncle Jack and Aunt Suzy, she never looked at Lavender Town as a prison. She loved spending hours looking up the history of the small town, learning about the different sightings of the ghost pokemon. She spent every single night out at the small lake right on the outskirts of the city, in the small woods where the ghost pokemon would gather in the fog. But she longed to get away from her condescending relatives and their predijuice attitude towards her pokemon dreams.

"There you are!" Her aunt's shrill voice cut into her thoughts once more. Nichole had wandered all the way over to the Lavender Floral Shop without realizing it. Old habit maybe?

"I was wondering if you'd ever show up!" Her aunt stood there with a crooked smile on her face, her hands on her hips. It was a kind smile, and Nichole realized that if she took this adventure, she may never see her aunt again. She loved Suzy, despite her attitude towards her. But the luring thought of adventure was just too much for her. When she peered behind her bean pole of an aunt and saw all the flowers blooming in the greenhouse, she knew what she wanted to do.

"I'm not coming in to work today," she said, her voice calm.

"What? Why ever not! You're here right now aren't you?" her aunt's smile faded as she looked at her neice's serious face. Something about her features just didn't seem right.

"I… I forgot something at home." Nichole lied. She needed time to pack and get ready to go. She knew if she told her aunt the truth, Suzy would call Jack and together they would try and stop her. It would be better for all if she simply snuck away.

"Oh, well, hurry back then darlin'," her aunt said, her smile returning. She turned back to care for her precious flowers, leaving Nichole to rush back to the house.

"Dear Aunt Suzy and Uncle Jack,

You always told me that becoming a pokemon trainer was the wrong path for me, that I was destined to be something much better then that. But I was never your daughter. My parents wanted me to pursue my dreams of being a trainer. A great trainer, as they had told me. Though I am grateful that you two raised me as your own, and I will always be thankful for that, it's time for me to leave. I love you both, and I will see you soon one day. Good-bye.

Love always,
    Nichole."

She finished scribbling out her farewell letter, her pack slung over her shoulder. She sighed, almost in sadness, as she laid it on the kitchen table. With a final look at the small house that had been her home for so long, Nichole headed out the back door and began to head for the woods where the small lake was. She paused as she reached it, her eyes sad as she realized she might not be back for a very long time.

"I will find out whoever you are," she said quietly, reffering to the strange ghost pokemon she had seen so long ago, "I will become the best ghost trainer there ever was. Better then Agatha of the elite four in Kanto. Better then Morty of Ecruteak City. Better then Fantina of the Sinnoh League." She smiled with the realization that it was time for her to begin her journey. She turned away from the lake with a final goodbye, and began to head through the woods, for the docks that were just up ahead.

"Where am I?" Nichole paused to lean against a tree. She had been stumbling around the forest for over an hour, and she had no idea what direction she was going in. She had been chased by a horde of beedrill, and had lost all sense of where she should be going.

As she closed her eyes while debating on whether or not she should try and climb a tree to see where she was exactly, she felt the hairs on her neck begin to stand on end. She opened her eyes to see that the area around her was covered in a thick and eerie fog. Being fascinated by ghosts and ghost pokemon made it nearly impossible to scare Nichole Fantom'e; but this was no ghost, nor an apparition of any kind. This was something other then the paranormal. She huddled close to the tree, her keen eyesight searching the thick miasma for a figure of some kind. Her good eyes finally captured what she thought was the culprit. A tall, strong built man in what looked like a captain's hat was approaching her from about 10 feet away. He towered over her; he had to be nearly 7ft tall, and had a tiny limp in his left leg when he walked. As he got closer to Nichole, she noticed he had a strange scar that went across his face in a diagonal line, and he had a beard that fell a few inches past his chin. His eyes were a near ferocious yellow color, like that of a felines, and his hair and beard was a deep red color.

The man walked right up to Nichole. He was wearing a long green trench coat, deep blue pants, and muck boots that came up to his knees. He cleared his throat like he was about to speak. Nichole firmly stood her ground, her hand reaching into her back pocket to grip the tiny swiss army knife she always had with her, just in case.
    "You must be Nichole," he said. His voice had a twinge of an irish accent. "I've been searching for you. I'm here to take you to the island. now come on we haven't much time before sun sets." He beckoned with a long finger for her to follow.

Nichole looked at him curiously. "How did you know where to find me?" she asked, but the man simply turned and walked away. Nichole rushed after him. After all, what could be harmful about an old irish sailor with a limp?

The tall burly man led her all the way to the docks on the other side of the forest. Nichole came to find that they really weren't that far from where she was. He led her to a small boat tied to the dock, and stepped back, motioning for her to step on board first. Nichole stepped carefully onto the wobbly deck. She had been on a boat once as a small child, and never developed "sea legs."

The man stepped on board behind her. "Now i'm sorry about this next part," he said, his irish accent leaking through his words once more, "but it's the only way to get you to the island without knowing how to get there." Confused, Nichole opened her mouth to get a further explanation. But before she could get the words out, she felt very light headed. Her mind became cloudy and her eyes began to droop, and she slowly felt her body become weak. Her legs wobbled, and in a brief second, her mind faded and her body collapsed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back