• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Merchant of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
Years
  • Here is my SU at last! >.<

Name: Gizelle Pine

History: She was born and raised in Olivine City mostly by her mother. Her father, "Professor" Pine, was an amateur field researcher who often ventured with small poorly funded expeditions to study Pokemon. He never achieved any fame and he rarely got to see his family, but he would always bring Gizelle a specimen of his work and that made her happy. When Gizelle was fourteen, her father had gotten killed by a wild Gyrados while examining the Lake of Rage. Gizelle, devastated by her father's death and proud of her father's work, wanted to work with pokemon research. Her mother refused to allow her to travel with a pokemon after to what happened to her husband and gradually began confining Gizelle to the house. Upon receiving the letter she had seen this as a chance to escape and finally follow after her father.

Personality: Gizelle is an amicable person because of her early and pleasant experiences with pokemon. She is eager to help those who need it, however, those who seem lazy she scorns. She also can be very empathetic. Gizelle has a strong sense of fairness and often tries to make things equal. When in battle she can become extremely determined and this is the driving impetus that often leads to her victories. Gizelle is also a bit of cry baby when injured, defeated, or faced with some sappy sob-story.

Appearance: Gizelle stands at a height of five feet and four inches with a normal build. She likes to have her blond hair flow free and not in a pony-tail or with anything on top of it and she has hazel-blue eyes. Her skin is rather smooth and she has no noticeable amount of muscle. She is wearing a plain white T-shirt with a red skirt and white sneakers. She doesn't really stand out and seems completely plain.

Starter Pokemon: Swinub

Last edited:
    Years
  • Maddy found the letter on her pillow as she was about to go to bed at night, and was instantly ecstatic. An opportunity to finally be a Trainer! She was so overcome by emotion that she didn't even think of all the obvious issues here: if the island was actually real, how she could get to it, or anything like that. It didn't even briefly occur to her that this could just be a huge, dangerous scam.

Maddy grabbed her pink, sparkly backpack, and instantly began packing. She gathered up a few of her halter tops, tube tops, miniskirts and an extra pair of high-heeled boots, then tossed in her makeup bag. It dawned on her that she had no idea what to really bring, so she started to think like it was a sleepover, and that made it a lot easier; she grabbed her deodorant, toothbrush, and hairbrush. She couldn't forget her diary, or some snacks; thankfully she had a box of pilfered food under her bed, and she put all the chocolate bars she could carry into her backpack. Last but not least, she had a Swiss army knife that she had stolen, in case she got attacked. She felt ready.

She had to sneak out of the house with her loaded backpack, so she began to wonder whether or not she could actually do it. Well, she knew she could sneak out via the window and the huge tree outside, but she didn't know if she could do the climbing with the big backpack on. So, she had to find some way to get her backpack down to the ground before she climbed after it. Dropping it wouldn't do, as it was several stories; finally, she tied all her sheets into a long rope, with one end on her backpack handle, and lowered it to the ground that way. After she climbed down the tree, she untied the sheets from the backpack, put the backpack on and left, leaving the sheet rope at the foot of the tree.

She knew there was a port the next town over, so she began heading there. The first thing she would have to do is walk outside the city itself. Walking through the city was no big deal for her; she had done this numerous times. If anything, it was the other kids hanging out at night who should be afraid of her, that she might pull out her knife and demand all their cash. So, that hour passed quickly; everyone else at the shelter was asleep, and wouldn't notice she's gone until morning, and she knew her way through the city, so that was no big deal. It was when she got to the outskirts of the city, to the actual trees and tall grass that she hadn't seen in forever, that she found herself in a deep fog, literally and figuratively. How come the city wasn't foggy? Maddy shivered. What if a Pokemon attacked her? She didn't have a Pokemon to fight it off with... she did have a knife, but what would it do to her conscience if she stabbed a wild Pokemon?

Suddenly, in the distance, a man seemed to appear right out of the mist itself, causing Maddy to pull out her Swiss army knife before even looking him over. Once she had the knife out, she felt significantly more secure, and began to notice that he had a captain-type outfit on. He had a white beard, and a large scar on his face. Overall, he looked old, and relatively harmless. Still, she kept the knife out, just in case, and approached him slowly.

"You must be Maddy," said the captain, when she got closer. "I've been searching for you. I'm here to take you to the island; come quickly, for we don't have much time before morning, and everyone in the shelter will be looking for you then."
    Maddy gasped; how did he know? But it didn't matter how he knew. She wanted to go to the island, and if worse came to worst she had her knife.
    "Okay, hurry up and take me there. Where is it, anyway? And how come no one else knows? Are you sure if I go there, the people at the shelter won't find me anyway--"
    "There's no time for questions, just follow me."
    "Whatever."
    It was difficult to keep up with him, especially while wearing high-heeled strappy sandals, but she did her best. Somehow, she felt this was extremely important.

Soon, they got to the ocean, and a port with a small ship was visible in the distance. "I thought there was a port town here? Where's the town?" Maddy stepped onto the deck of the boat anyway. Anything was better than that stupid shelter.
    "I said there was no time for questions... anyway, I'm sorry about this next part, but it's the only way to get you to the island without knowing how to get there."
    "What?" Maddy tried to ask, but suddenly, she felt too dizzy to open her mouth for fear she might vomit. She kept her mouth sealed shut instead; it didn't even matter anyway, as the captain had gone somewhere else on the boat, and she was left looking for somewhere to sit. Soon, she began seeing double, so she shut her eyes... yet, after shutting her eyes, she felt even worse, not better. She tried to stand up straight, stumbling a bit and trying to find something to hold on to, before losing all consciousness entirely.

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
    Years
  • "Sanji, get your lazy butt in this kitchen and help with these orders. You know around this time we get the lunch rush. I don't want you to think you can just slack off, because you believe you are the best chef here. Let me tell you that you still have a long way to go before you are even one-sixth of the chef I am. Now hurry up and get in this kitchen!" shouts Sanji's mentor. Sanji strolls into the kitchen with a smirk on his face. "You say I'm not even one-sixth of the chef you are, but I already move faster than you when it comes to cutting, dicing, and serving. Don't go yelling, because you are mad at your own inabilities old man." Sanji says as he grabs his apron and other cooking tools. "Slugma, help me out over here with a low Ember." Sanji says to his faithful partner. Slugma nods to his master and releases three little small spheres of Embers under the pot. This small Ember lights the fire under the pot. Sanji takes his closest set of knives and his faithful Scyther to the chopping board.

He and Scyther stare each other down. "Let's see today would mark us both at exactly 49 ties, but today I win my first cutting contest against you." Sanji smiles at his Scyther and begins cutting. Scyther smiles as well and also begins his cutting. They cut as fast they can and when the food is finished being cut, both look at each other with a smile. "I swear Scyther, I just can't surpass your cutting skills. That doesn't mean I won't one day, when you're all old and crazy." Sanji laughs at his Scyther and takes their cut food to pot. He pours the cut food into the pot and summons his Mime Jr. and Aipom.

"Alright guys, let's stir this up well with Confusion and Helping Hand." Aipom uses her helping hand to cheer Mime Jr. on as she stirs the ingredients in the pot. After thirty minutes of stirring, Sanji pours the finished product into several bowls. He rings the bell above him, "Soup is ready!" Sanji yells. His team cheers as he tells them that today was a job well done.

Sanji and his team continue to make their famous team soup for more customers. As the sun begins to set, Sanji goes into the dining room and starts clearing the tables. "I can't believe every customer made sure there wasn't a drop of soup left in their bowls. I can't blame them; my team soup has won the hearts of so many people that I can't help but pat myself on the back." Sanji grins ear to ear as he collects the bowls. He takes the bowls back into the kitchen and whistles for his Buizel.

"Hey buddy you know it's that time again, where me and you use your Water Gun to make these dishes in the sink sparkle." Buizel cheers for his master and uses his Water Gun on the sink's dishes. Sanji takes the dishes out of the water and has Slugma use his Flamethrower to dry them, then Mime Jr. and Aipom put them away. "I have to say we are one well oiled machine." the team laughs as the other chefs look on with jealously.

"Why do all the Pokemon always listen to him and never help us. At first they wouldn't even try and help us in the kitchen and so we were alone. Now that he's here they listen to him and work with him with smiles on their faces. What does he have that we don't have?" asks the chefs to themselves. Just then Sanji's mentor appears behind them. "He has an aura that attracts them and he treats them like family. To them it's not work, but instead an extension of their love for him through cooking. That is why his team soup sells so well, the blend of friendship and love make the ingredients even more delicious than when you fools make it." Sanji's mentor walks away. "Oh yeah and you guys are missing a spot those dishes, do them over, and make them sparkle like Sanji's." Sanji's mentor laughs.

After completing the dishes, Sanji and his team retire to their bedroom. "You guys wanna sleep in my room again? You have been sleeping in my room ever since I got here. I can't blame you though, your rooms aren't really that cozy to sleep in. Well if you guys want you can all sleep with me again. I love having you guys over anyway." The Pokemon cheer and then rush into Sanji's bedroom. Sanji laughs as he sees them all fight for the bed as they usually do. "I see we are having the same argument of who gets to sleep in bed with me. I actually have a surprise for you guys." Sanji walks over to his closet and throws out five little beds. "These beds can all fit around my bed and that means you all can sleep with me. So no need to fight tonight."

Sanji turns off the light and watches his Pokemon sleep in their new beds. He looks at them and sees them as his little angels. He lays his head down on his pillow. As he is about to fall asleep, he feels something weird under his pillow. He reaches under his pillow and grabs the letter. "Could this be from a secret admirer? Jackpot!" Sanji tries to keep his voice down so his Pokemon do not overhear him. He opens the letter and reads it with the intention of meeting his admirer.

Dear Sanji,

It is my pleasure to announce that you have been invited to take part in a once in a life time event. I have been watching you for a long time and you seem to be the perfect canidate for this competition. You may be wondering what this event is so let me explain: I own a very prestigious and wonderous island off the coast of the Johto Region. I do not take well to visitors but I have decided to invite eight new pokemon trainers to my island to par take in a special pokemon league challenge. Now this league challenge will be very different then the regular gym challenges you may know of in your region, there is quit a few differences and twist but that will all be explained once you arrive. When you do arrive you will be given a starter pokemon to begin your journey with.
    Thank you for your time
    A Friend.
    P.S.: I dearly hope you chose to come, I promise it will be worth your time.

Sanji's draw drops as he realizes this is not a secret admirer letter. At first he decides to throw the letter away, but then stops himself. For some reason he can sense that this letter has more than meets the eye. He reads over it again. He debates on if he should really take this challenge. "I wonder if this is a good idea. If I leave the restaurant then what would happen to my Pokemon while I'm gone. Could I really put them through that pain?" Sanji balls up the letter, "No, I couldn't live with myself if I let them down." he walks back into his room. But standing at the door is his mentor.

"Sanji, I have known you and taken care of you for a few years now. I can tell when you need to talk and that look says it all. So what is going on in that empty head?" asks his mentor. Sanji looks into his eyes and then walks away. "Look after my team for me. When I come back, I want them all to be in tip-top shape." Sanji waves to the old man, "I will see you when I come back and not a day sooner." Sanji walks out of the door.

"I can't believe that kid just walked out, but I know he will be back soon. He is a champion chef in the making." Sanji's mentor says as a tear drops to the floor.

Sanji is outside with nothing but his clothes on his back. Just as he is about to go a step further, a back pack falls out of the sky and into his arms. He doesn't look up to see where it comes from and walks away from the restaurant. "Now all I have to do is get to Johto and meet this special league." Sanji says putting the backpack on his back. As he walks he can sense something is not right. "I just can't shake this feeling, but I can't shake this journey either. If it's anyone at all then they will try and face me soon enough." Sanji continues to walk, but soon feels rain drop on his head. Because he is used to rain, Sanji doesn't bother to pull out an umbrella and walks. "Rain don't mean a thing to me, I was on the run in all types of weather. I can survive the elements."

The rain continues to fall on Sanji and soon the rain gets harder. "I didn't expect such bad weather like this to come at me when I just left the restaurant." Sanji says as he runs for shelter. "I don't remember the news saying that it would be raining like this." Sanji has found himself some shelter under a tree. Since he can't hear lightning he believes this is his best solution. While under the tree, Sanji contemplates a plan on finding an easier a way to get to Johto. As he thinks about this the memories of his team start to flow into his head.

"I haven't been gone three hours and I already miss them, I must be weaker than I thought."

"You're not weak at all, I believe that you are strong." says a strange voice next to Sanji.
    Sanji quickly turns his head to see a starnge man standing next to him. "Where the heck did he come from?" asks Sanji. The man looks at Sanji with a strange look and then pulls on Sanji's hair. "This is some pretty cool hair, you got there." Sanji pushes the man off. "What are you doing here, weirdo?" asks Sanji ready to fight. "I am here to pick you up, take you to the place you wanna go. I am also escaping from the storm. Nice weather we're having." says the strange man. Sanji is confused by the man's words, but suddenly feels something happening.

"Now I'm sorry about this next part but it's the only way to get you to the island without knowing how to get there" the man says as Sanji drifts off. "I can't feel my body and my eyes are so heavy. Just who is this weird man." those are Sanji's last thoughts as he hits the ground.

killer-g

S to the o
    Years
  • Sergio's father entered Sergio's room, he looked around and sighed loudly he walked up to the window and moved the curtains aside letting the sunlight enter the room, and woke Sergio up. "Dad why do you wake me up it is only 8.30", Sergio asked he was really sleepy so he voice was really deep. "Remember that you have to babysit the house while I'am away this year so make sure you are downstairs in an half an hour because I will be going then", Sergio's father said informing Sergio "And don't forget to clean the room or else"

Sergio sighed and he tried to sleep more, but when he is awake he can't go to sleep anymore, He grabbed his pillow and put it in front of his eyes, but he noticed a letter that was an the pillow. "Strange who would have put it there?", Sergio asked to himself. He opened the letter and read what was in there, but while he was reading it he felt a creepy wind come across him as if it was inside of the envelope.

Dear Sergio

It is my pleasure to announce that you have been invited to take part in a once in a life time event. I have been watching you for a long time and you seem to be the perfect canidate for this competition. You may be wondering what this event is so let me explain: I own a very prestigious and wonderous island off the coast of the Johto Region. I do not take well to visitors but I have decided to invite eight new pokemon trainers to my island to par take in a special pokemon league challenge. Now this league challenge will be very different then the regular gym challenges you may know of in your region, there is quit a few differences and twist but that will all be explained once you arrive. When you do arrive you will be given a starter pokemon to begin your journey with.

Thank you for your time
    A Friend.

"Wow, I am one of the eight chosen ones", Sergio was still talking in himself as he was thinking aboout all the adventures and new pokemon he would encounter, about the rivals he would meet there and about what pokemon starter he would get. "I Hope that I'll get a pikachu, or a charmander or no, no a riolu, I wonder what pokemon I will get", Sergio said out loud this time, he went to the bathroom satisfied. "I wonder what dad will say about this", Sergio said, but his happiness quickly changed he realised that his father would NEVER let him go on this journey, but it was today that he had to leave.

After 15 minutes Sergio was done taking his Bath, He dressed into his blue pair of jeans and his green t-shirt, when he was done he packed his blue backpack, with some potions and some antidotes and other stuff you need to take with you to become a pokemon trainer, when he was done he let his bag on his bedroom and he went downstairs. "SO dad what time did you say you are leaving?", Sergio asked his father. "In an half an hour why the interest all of the sudden", Dad said suspicious. "Oh just, nothing it is nothing, so what is for breakfast", Sergio said as he went to the kitchen and sat on the kitchen table.

Sergio and his father were having breakfast and where staring at each other, they were eating bread with bacon and eggs. "I can't belief that I am going to have to be missing you for a year again", Dad said before putting some bread in his mouth. " It is okay dad, I'll try and not miss you too much", Sergio said in a sarcastic way. They continued having there breakfast and when they were done, Sergio's father stood up and walked to the door, there was a huge suitcase in front of the door, he grabbed it and opened the door.

"I guess this is goodbye, untill next year", His father said he was really sad and it lookes like he was going to cry. "Come on dad this one year will be gone in a year", Sergio was trying to chear his father up. "Yeah you are right", He knew that Sergio was right, he opened his arms and Sergio hugged him, a few moments later the door was shut and Sergio was home alone sitting in his room thinking about the adventure that was for grabbing, he thought about wheter or not to go, he finally decided that it was the only opportunity to go on a journey and he should go.

A few moments later he was walking on route 29 with his backpack on his back and he was looking around he was looking about all the beautifull things he could see in his surrounding, lots of trees, he heard all the pokemon talking about him saying that it was the first time they had ever seen him on this route and just gossiping about other pokemons. He also heared a few pokemon talking about attacking him, he soon started thinking that it was really dangerous to walk on routes without a pokemon, but he continued walking knowing that this was his only chance to become trainer. After an hour of walking he was covered by a strange fog it was really thick and it came out of nowhere he started feeling a strange thing he was getting goosebumps on his back. He started to see a silhouete come from the middle of the fog. It was a male person with a captain outfit.

"You must be Sergio, I've been searching for you. I'm here to take you to the island now come on we haven't much time before sun set" the man said as he beckoned Sergio to follow. "where are we going.....what is your name.....are you a captain of a ship?", Sergio started asking questions but none of them were answered the captain just walked and stayed silent, so Sergio stopped asking questions after a little bit they stopped near an old an small ship it looked like it would fall apart anytime soon.

"Is this your ship.... and what is the island like", Sergio continued asking but he still got no reply. "Now i'm sorry about this next part but it's the only way to get you to the island without knowing how to get there" the man said Sergio started feeling a strange sensation throughout his head and his eyes slowly became heavy before finally passing out. The captain started the engine and they left for the island.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
  • The moment that Leonidas Demitrei the second walked up the stairs to find the letter on his pillow, a smile broke from ear to ear. Somehow, the little white piece of paper contained just what he was waiting for, he could feel it. It was no chocolate on his pillow, but good enough him. He picked up the paper, took a letter-opener from the drawer in his desk and carefully opened it.

The letter was written in a beautiful cursive, with actual black ink from a pen, instead of a ball-point. It was the print of a rich, if not slightly old-fashioned, man. He scanned over the letters easily, it wasn't his first time in reading fancy letters like that, and got all the key points from it. A rich man, a private island, a cash prize. It was all he needed to know.

Now was the hardest part, getting out. The moment he set eyes on the letter, Leo knew that he couldn't actually tell his parents, they would say no immediately. And in rich families, no usually meant no. No, Leonidas Demetrei the Second would have to do things for himself.

"What on earth is wrong with you?" Ah, his lovely sister Echo decided to throw in her pound. They were sitting at the elaborate table, muesli in front of them, and she was looking at him in the way only she could.

"Nothing is wrong with me, eat your breakfast." He made an effort to sound bored, but his sister saw right through it.

"Leo, you're never this silent, and you haven't even brushed your fingers through your hair like your ego demands you to. What's up?"

"For your information, sister, I didn't brush my fingers through my hair because that would mess it up." He flashed her a tell-tale Leo-smile. The movie-star kind, and she playfully rolled her eyes with a girly Echo-laugh. God, they were such a fake family. The kind you would expect to find practicing witch-craft on the sidelines.

"I can still see that you're planning something. You have that look in your eyes. We're twins, nothing goes past me." She flipped her hair over her shoulders the way she did when she wanted a boy's attention, and motioned to him with her spoon. "You're up to something. Whatever it is, I want in." Another high laugh.

"Echol Evangeline Demetrei, I am up to nothing. Everything is as normal, we're just having breakfast and I will most likely spend my day at the pool, maybe invite some girls, have some fun. The usual stuff. Now you, on the other hand, are always scheming. What are you going to do today?" This statement got the balls running, and Leo spent the rest of the breakfast listening to Echo reciting her most recent scheme. It's what she lived for. Scheming.

Afterward he went straight up to pack his bag. He managed to fool Echo, he could fool anyone. He threw in the bare necessities. A polo or two, a cashmere sweatervest, some scarves that only he could pull off without looking gay, a brush. A pair of shorts and swimming gear went in too, of course. You'd think the bag was magically extendable.

Last but certainly not least, he packed his notebook and sketchbook with the necessary equipment. With that he preceded with the sneaking out part. It wasn't that hard, the manor was big enough to not get spotted. Leo made it out pretty well without any real hindrance. He made it to his own limo, where he told the driver to go to the nearest port, for some reason, he knew that he needed to go to the port. In the car, he went over the letter again.

Dear Leonidas Demitrei II,

It is my pleasure to announce that you have been invited to take part in a once in a life time event. I have been watching you for a long time and you seem to be the perfect candidate for this competition. You may be wondering what this event is so let me explain: I own a very prestigious and wondrous island off the coast of the Johto Region. I do not take well to visitors but I have decided to invite eight new Pokémon trainers to my island to par take in a special Pokémon league challenge. Now this league challenge will be very different then the regular gym challenges you may know of in your region, there is quite a few differences and twist but that will all be explained once you arrive. When you do arrive you will be given a starter Pokémon to begin your journey with.
    Thank you for your time
    A Friend.
    P.S.: I dearly hope you chose to come, I promise it will be worth your time.

Ah, challenges. They were Leo's calling. His entire being. How on earth could he pass one on?

"If I may ask, why are you going to the port sir?" Came the voice of the driver.

"You may very well ask, Harold, but that will not necessary mean that you'll get an answer." A silence on the other side meant that the driver had already given up. That was an early one, it usually took them a little longer to find out that a conversation with Leonidas would not always go in their favor.

The limo stopped by the port and Leo got out gracefully, if he may say so himself. He told the driver to go home, and didn't get a question, before walking confidently through the port. People were buzzing anywhere, but Leo took his time, waiting for whoever was to transport him to this island to come to him, as he knew they would. You see, part of Leonidas Demetrei the Second was that he was always calm and confident.

After a while a deep fog surrounded the port, and Leo felt that sensation that told you something wasn't right. Within seconds a man in a captain's uniform approached him. The man had dark hair with even darker circles under his eyes giving him a look like he hadn't slept in days. Also noted by Leo was that his uniform seemed awfully outdated. Leo gave him a broad smile, one that was returned with a curt nod.

"you must be Leonidas Demitrei"

"The second," Leo finished for the man, and he got a rather impatient look from the man.

"I have been searching for you, I'm here to-"

"Take me to the island? Yeah spare me the drill, just take me there." The man promptly turned around and motioned for him to follow, which was exactly what Leonidas did. "So this island, it all sounds very mysterious. Should I get myself a life insurance first?" Leo joked, but the captain just stared at him. Then suddenly Leo felt strange, as if his limbs were falling asleep, inch by inch. Within seconds he was on the floor. Unconscious. Life insurance? Yeah, might be a good idea.

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
    Years
  • Sanji was dreaming about his team that he had left back at the restaurant. As he continues to dream, he feels water hit his face. The cold water wakes Sanji, who immediately tries to strike the captain. "How dare you use some cheap trick to put me asleep. I won't be using any cheap tricks, I will just beat uses my kicks." Sanji says as he continues to try and kick the captain's head off. The captain, to Sanji's surprise, is able to dodge each kick with ease. This makes Sanji angrier as he prepares to use even more kicks, but the captain stops him. "Young man, we have arrived at the island, which you were seeking." the captain says dropping the boat's anchor. Sanji stops his attack, grabs his bag, and steps off the boat.

Once he steps onto the island, the captain tells him to hurry inside. "What inside in this fog? I can't see a thing." Sanji notices the weird fog. "This is strange I have never seen fog before, but I know regular fog can't be like this. Just standing here is starting to drain my energy. That man said something about going inside, but what inside is there?" Sanji says, but then notices something in the distance. Though the fog is thick and he can't see much, but he does see the shape of a house. The house seems rather small from the distance, but Sanji has no time to examine. The fog is starting to make him feel strange. He rushes in the direction of the mansion with the captain following behind him. "Old man, shouldn't be leading the way since you know this island?" Sanji asks. The captain says nothing and continues to follow behind Sanji. "How useless is this guy?"

Sanji reaches the house and finds that he is front of a mansion. "No way, this house looked so much smaller in the distance. How did this mansion get out here on this island?" Sanji stops thinking and opens the door. When he walks in the captain grabs his shoulder. The captain points Sanji in the direction of a room with doors wide open. Sanji walks into the room and finds himself sitting at a fairly large table with other people.

Sanji looks around the room. He sees the table has several other trainers. "I guess i wasn't the only one brought here by the weird letter and captain." Sanji sits down in his chair and continues to look around the room. The room seems to be large since it hold such a large table, but the walls are somewhat boring. There are no pictures of woman that are cute, just ugly old women. Sanji feels a chill go down his spine as he puts his head on the table. "I can't look at those horrible pictures. I might vomit or worst die!"

Footsteps are heard coming into the room. When Sanji turns his head to the doors, he sees another old man enter. The man is dressed in a black tuxedo, has glasses, and gray hair. "The old people just keep piling up. I am starting wonder if this is a retirement home I've been brought to." Sanji thinks as he puts his head back on the table. "I should have stayed in the restaurant with the others." Sanji puts his head up and sees the old man laughing.

"I am so gald that you all made it here safely before the sun came up. If you hadn't made it in time, well then that would have been a bad thing. Ha ha ha ha." the old man laughs joyfully. "Now I would like each of you to come up and grab the pokeball with your name on, this will be your starter pokemon and most definitely your best friend on this island for the next few months" the man says as you make your way to get your first Pokemon.

Sanji grabs his Pokeball with his name. He wonders just what type of Pokemon he will have and if the Pokemon will meet his expectations. "I can take care of any type of Pokemon, because of the restaurant team, but the one I would rather prefer, is...." Sanji says as he releases his Pokeball and watches as the white light takes the form of his starter. "I can feel the fire coming from your back, you're the type I have been looking for, a fire type." Sanji says as his grabs his starter in his arms.

PikaPal

Ghost Type Master
    Years
  • "Nichole? Hey! Wake up!"

The bright blue eyes of Nichole Fantom'e slowly flickered to life. Her head was still spinning, and she felt slightly nauseous. The voice calling to her was vaguely familiar, and she could feel strong arms grasped around her shoulders, shaking her. As her eyes slowly refocused, she began to gradually recall the events of the past hour, and where she was.

She focused on the man before her. His voice was gruff and nonchalant, and as Nichole's eyes focused she could see his facial expression showed he really didn't care that she had fainted. Shaking her head to clear it, she placed a laced hand on the wooden floor of the boat. She rolled over onto all fours as the man released her shoulders, and after the world stopped spinning so violently, Nichole slowly rose up from the ground.

"What happened?" she said, her groggy voice ringing with anxious concerns. Her heart began to beat faster in her chest as she remembered exactly why she was here; to begin her own adventure. She looked around them; the boat was surrounded by a thick fog, so thick she could hardly see ten feet in front of her nose. She looked at the tall Irish sailor before her carefully, her eyes desperately trying to read the man's face. He kept his eyes and expression vague, and eventually the blonde gave up on trying to read him.

"I'm sorry you fainted," the man said, "but it was the only way to get you here properly." Nichole raised an eyebrow at the man. "Properly? What does that mean?" she asked. The man acted like he hadn't heard her. "We have arrived at our destination," he said, the last word strung out like it was difficult for him to pronounce with his accent. Nichole looked behind her. Sitting atop a huge cliff, just barely visible through the thick fog, was what looked like a large mansion, a dark contrast against the gray of the fog.

"Lass, you'd better hurry to the mansion," the man said, "You don't want to be caught out here after nightfall." Nichole looked back with puzzled eyes. "What do you mean?" she asked, but the gruff Irish man simply walked forward, leading the way up the tall slope to the big house. Nichole sighed and fell into step beside the man, her back pack slung across her left shoulder.

The walk to the mansion was a long and silent one. Nichole didn't speak a word; she was savoring the feel of the outside air. The fog was thicker then the mist that covered the lake back in Lavender Town, but the feeling Nichole felt inside her heart was the same she felt each time she spotted a ghost Pokémon back home. Call it something of a sixth sense, she always felt it before she saw it. She breathed in the smell of the coming darkness, her heartbeat speeding up with excitement. She thought seriously about ditching the corpulent Irishman, wanting exceedingly to search the area for the ghosts she knew were there. Though the warning about being out after nightfall had miffed her, it took a lot to rise up to Nichole's level of fear.

After a final look at the woods around her, Nichole's curiosity regarding the mansion got the best of her, and she decided it would be better to find out the details of her arrival then to wander away. Plus, she knew she couldn't take on a bunch of wild Pokémon without her own to battle with, and besides that it probably wasn't the best idea to upset her host or hostess by running off. With a little sigh, Nichole followed the gruff sailor up to the large front doors of the mansion.

The blonde haired girl's jaw dropped as the huge oak doors opened to reveal a brightly lit entrance room. There was a big golden chandelier hanging from the ceiling, and a vast staircase shining like a polished gem stood before her. The brightly lit interior was in direct contrast of the spooky wilderness behind them, and Nichole found herself wishing for the comfort of the fog. She never was one to like rich-living; she much preferred the darkness near the foggy lake back home.

The green-clad man put a hand on Nichole's shoulder. She jumped; she wasn't used to much physical contact. "This way," he said, steering her in the direction of a room to their right. His hand was a tad rough, and Nichole shrugged him off. She gave him a warning look that told him she wasn't about to be pushed around by some burly bearded stranger. He removed his hand, a somewhat surprised look on his face. He pointed to the room, and Nichole waited for him to proceed.

"You're on your own lass," he said, crossing his arms and standing firm. Nichole shrugged. "Thanks for the… interesting trip," she said, rolling the word 'interesting' off her tongue like a fowl word. She turned her back on the strange man, and pushed the doors open to her right.

Nichole thought the next room would have the same extravagance the entrance one did, so she prepared herself for another brightly-lit room with a golden hue. But even with such high expectations, she was still shocked and surprised at the sybaritic nature of the room. Nearly a dozen chandeliers even more lustrous then the first, hung in various places on the ceiling. In the center of the room was a long table, decorated with a silver tapestry for a table cloth, and eight high backed chairs matching the décor were placed around it. There was a long staircase just as golden as the one in the entrance room directly facing the door where Nichole stood, but this one wound around to the left, where a large oak door, much like the front one, was standing, leading to who knew where. Next to the door hung a portrait of a gray haired man with a solemn expression, and huge paintings of legendary Pokémon hung every few feet on the walls. In between the Pokémon paintings were pictures of several elderly women and men. The floors were of brightly polished marble, so clean that Nichole could almost see a perfect reflection of her shocked expression.

Nichole's eyes fell on the chairs around the table. In seven of them were what looked like kids about her age, all eyes searching around the room as wide eyed as she was. Well, most were; a couple looked like they had seen this kind of thing all their lives. Nichole tossed her long blonde hair over her shoulder and made her way to the final chair, her hips moving in the same swaying motion they always did, her heels making a rhythmic click, click sound as she moved. She slipped quietly into the high backed chair, instantly loving the feel of the soft cushion. She sighed and sat up straight, one elbow propped on the table. She looked around at the faces of the trainers, making eye contact with a few and studying the expressions on others. She stayed quiet however; she was never one to be overly talkative to anyone, even if she had known them already.

Sinking back in her chair a little, Nichole studied the paintings of the legendary Pokémon on the walls. One in particular caught her keen blue eyes; it was painted on a deep violet background. It was a black and white colored Pokémon, and though Nichole had never seen it before, she knew it had to be a ghost type. She locked eyes with the sapphire like ones of the strange Pokémon, ones that nearly matched her own, and felt herself in somewhat of a trance. She imagined herself with her starter Pokémon, locked in a battle against this strange one, feeling what it would be like to feel its power, to call out commands to her partner…

Nichole was awoken from her daydream by the sound of the doors at the other end of the room being thrown open. A man in a black tuxedo carrying a cane with a bright red gem at the top came strolling up to the top of the stairs. He chuckled audibly and walked to the top of the stairs.

"Ah!" he said, his voice soft yet commanding, "I see you all have made it here without any problems, and I'm very happy that you all decided to join in this special journey!"

The man began to stroll down the staircase, and his walk had a little of a bounce to it. As he approached the head of the table, Nichole could see that he had gray hair and wore glasses; the light from the chandeliers caught the lenses, causing a glare that made it difficult to see the man's eyes. Though his hair and glasses made him seem somewhat of an older gentleman, his voice and steady stride made him appear to be much younger. But the light in his smile made the tiniest of chills move up Nichole's spine. She thought she was just being paranoid, being in such a strange place. But she couldn't shake the feeling this man wasn't here to be her friend.

The strange man spoke again, his voice ringing through the large room. "Now, as you may have guessed, this is my island, and for the most part you are the first outsiders to ever be granted entrance here." The man clapped his hands three times, and suddenly eight pokeballs came out of the ground, and began to hover around him.
    "Now," he said, as Nichole stared disbelievingly at the way the pokeballs had just appeared like that, "I would like each of you to come up and grab the pokeball with your name on it. This will be your starter Pokémon and most definitely your best friend on this island for the next few months."

Nichole rose with the other trainers. She walked quickly to the pokeballs, her heels making a faster click click click on the floor. She stood before the one that said "Nichole". It had a purplish tint to the font, and she noticed that all the pokeballs had names in a different color. Perhaps the favorite color of the trainer it corresponded with? Or was hers just a coincidence?

The eyes of Nichole Fantom'e sparkled as she held her hands under the hovering pokeball. It felt so unreal to her; she was just seconds away from meeting her very own Pokémon. Her excitement built up as her body seemed paralyzed in anxious excitement. Was it a ghost type? Was it one she had seen before? Male or female? The questions poured into her mind as she placed her hand finally on the pokeball, her heart pounding inside her chest.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back