• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen The Mew Glitch

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2014
    There's a few things about this glitch, and some questions...
    But still, in all honesty, why are rares so difficult to get? I feel as though the whole "you didn't get the event, so no rare for you" thing bugs me.

Totally agree. I have no idea why in Red I can have six Mewtwos in my party without cheating or using glitches, if I have the patience to play Blue five times and Red once and trade, but I can't get one Mew since the events ended for RBYE many years ago.

1. I'll believe it when, and if, I use it successfully.
    2. I plan to try at some point.
    5. Game Freak is greedy, and if they hadn't made of the best game series ever, I would think they are an awful company. Hence why we have event only Pokemon to force people to get the newest versions to acquire certain Pokemon, and why at least two versions of the game are required to get all the Pokemon in each generation (and two consoles...Nintendo has nothing to do with that right?). Not to mention other schemes like having to pay to bring your Black/White Pokemon to X and Y, and the aforementioned vending machines. Although, it's better than nothing, and you can argue it's the only legit way to get Mew in the US (though I can also see points to be made for using a glitch to catch it being more legit). Pokemon is basically WoW for people who play Nintendo portables in terms of being potentially absurdly expensive.
    6. I don't like gameshark.

Last edited:
    Back