• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Minecraft Bulding Challenge!

Yukari

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Minecraft Building Challenge![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Approved by Dragon[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Welcome to Pokecommunity's 1st ever Minecraft building challenge![/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]This challenge will (rather obviously) challenge you to create as good and elaborate a building possible in Minecraft. Based on the complexity, quality, design, and scale of your building it will be given a grade of 1-10. And if you want to create a new building because you aren't happy with the grade that your previous building was given then you can do that! So long as it's done before the set deadline.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]DA' Rules![/FONT]

1. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You can build any kind of structure; as long as it is original. So you could build a castle, but you couldn't replicate hyrule castle from The Legend of Zelda.[/FONT]

2. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]If you aren't satisfied with your current structure, then you may build a new one from scratch. This can be done any number of times before the deadline and only your highest rated building will count. You can also improve your current structure 3 times.[/FONT]

3. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]All structures have to be built in creative mode. This will save you a lot of grief and time. It will also prevent cheating.[/FONT]

4. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When you submit your structure make sure that you post a screenshot of each room. Video will work too.[/FONT]

5. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Your structure has to be built after you sign up.[/FONT]

6. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The structures will be rated based on:[/FONT]
      • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]scale[/FONT]
      • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Design[/FONT]
      • [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]and Use of Redstone[/FONT]

7. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mods cannot be used in this challenge.[/FONT]
    8. [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Deadline is July 7th 11:59 AM EST[/FONT]
    Prizes
    Because, as Dragon always says, what's a challenge without them?

Based on score, everyone will be rewarded with an emblem!

For scores 1-2

Scores 3-4

Scores 5-6

Scores 7-8

Scores 9-10

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Have fun![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Participants[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Orpheus[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] elheroeoscuro[/FONT]
    JaredPP12
    Major Ziggs
    Aquacorde

Last edited:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I haven't touched Minecraft in a very long while now thanks to the lag I always receive when playing.

But a building challenge, eh? Guess it's time to open Minecraft once again.

EDIT: In case nobody picked it up: I'm signing up.

Last edited:

TY

Also, are mods allowed for the challenge? Like mods that give you more stuff and so?

Also do you have to do it on your own?

Just being curious :P

Yukari

Will join for sure!

Also, are mods allowed for the challenge? Like mods that give you more stuff and so?

Also do you have to do it on your own?

Just being curious :P

Yes; mods can be used in the challenge. Unless you can give me a legitimate reason to have them removed.

Also yes; you have to do it by yourself. I would say if you were making it with another participant I would allow it... But that could be problematic.

TY

Yes; mods can be used in the challenge. Unless you can give me a legitimate reason to have them removed.

Also yes; you have to do it by yourself. I would say if you were making it with another participant I would allow it... But that could be problematic.

Well, mods add things to the game in regards to building while some people cannot run mods without their system crashing (I've had it happen myself on my older laptop). It gives people with a high-end system a edge so to say

Yukari

Well, mods add things to the game in regards to building while some people cannot run mods without their system crashing (I've had it happen myself on my older laptop). It gives people with a high-end system a edge so to say
    You have a point. I guess for the sake of keeping everything fair I'll remove mods from the challenge.

Years
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    I may try this but at first I'll just see the entries but yeah it sounds like a really cool idea!

Candy

Years
    Oh, I expected mods to be disallowed. I was actually considering on using one to create a mountain at the super flat world, but now I need a seed that generates a tall mountain at the spawn point.

Does anyone have such a seed though?

Yukari

Oh, I expected mods to be disallowed. I was actually considering on using one to create a mountain at the super flat world, but now I need a seed that generates a tall mountain at the spawn point.

Does anyone have such a seed though?
    Sorry, but mountains don't generate in a Superflat World.

Candy

Years
    Sorry, but mountains don't generate in a Superflat World.

I know that much.

But if I can't use a world editor to create a mountain in a super flat world since it's a mod, I figured that I'll find a seed to generate one in a normal world.

Well, I have other plans. I'll just cancel this one.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    How about changing it so that you can only use vanilla mods, or rather ones which don't add new blocks/items into the game? Then things like WorldEdit would still be fine for the lazy people like me who want to spam it but with no competitive edge from having fancy new design capabilities?

At any rate, I'm in. :D

Yukari

How about changing it so that you can only use vanilla mods, or rather ones which don't add new blocks/items into the game? Then things like WorldEdit would still be fine for the lazy people like me who want to spam it but with no competitive edge from having fancy new design capabilities?

At any rate, I'm in. :D
    Vanilla mods are definitely out. That was actually the main reason that I excluded mods from the challenge. It wouldn't be fair is one person used mods to make the job easier while everyone else made whatever they submit in vanilla Minecraft.

Well, I have other plans. I'll just cancel this one.

Umm... Sorry for getting back late. But Just for verification purposes you do mean you're leaving the challenge right?

Candy

Years
    Umm... Sorry for getting back late. But Just for verification purposes you do mean you're leaving the challenge right?

I noticed my last post was rather vague. I meant I'll cancel the building involving a mountain and just build on a flat terrain. I'm not leaving the challenge or anything.

...Actually, after looking through my June schedule, with all the college applications, my family moving to a new place, as well as a potential sleepover somewhere else...

I'll continue to participate. But if things get a little too busy, I'll have to cancel.

Yukari

I noticed my last post was rather vague. I meant I'll cancel the building involving a mountain and just build on a flat terrain. I'm not leaving the challenge or anything.

...Actually, after looking through my June schedule, with all the college applications, my family moving to a new place, as well as a potential sleepover somewhere else...

I'll continue to participate. But if things get a little too busy, I'll have to cancel.
    Okay, thanks for clarifying. It was rather ambiguous.

TY

Cancelling since I actually am too busy with things and I haven't had the time at all to even start

Yukari

15 days left people! You'd better get to work!

And I need to get those emblems done...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    hmm you know I'd like to offer a signup? i have an idea and i really want to do this; the only issue is how much time I can dedicate to the project haha whatev i can just take a few days doing nothing but minecraft but yeah even though it's late i think i can do something cool

Back