• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Ministry of Sound Discussion

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • For those who don't know, The Ministry of Sound is a collection of compilation albums whereby songs from various artists are mixed together to form a continuous playing album.

What are your thoughts on the Ministry of Sound collections? Have a favourite album they have produced? Do you listen to them because you like remixes/dance music or because you like to discover other artists through these albums?

I just bought the Chillout Sessions XIII last night, and so far it is pretty darn good I must say. Lots of great music on there that I am definitely going to check the original artists out for.

WhiteWizard

Mewtwo Hax enabled.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2011
    I used to listen to them alot but I think theyve gone down hill somewat.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I sort of agree, but if you look at the specific albums like The Clubbers Guide or Chillout Sessions, I've found they are actually still quite good albums. It is the Annual compilations that I feel lack good substance ...

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Not a huge fan of compilation albums myself; but I have got to admit some of the MoS ones are worth getting simply because they often compile a lot of one-hit wonders together. I like dance music, but not the extent where I really want to delve into it and nerd out like I do over bands. It's something I just sometimes feel like enjoying, without having to go through a huge search to find the best stuff out there in the vast ocean of music. The club is also one of the (if not the) best in London.

Nutella

♫ Purple Hurple ♫
    Years
  • I'm a huge fan of MoS, as well as onelove. I download most of the UK MoS, because I can't buy some of them in Australia. I follow mostly the Australian stuff. Has anyone listened to the Addicted to Bass one? It's so awesome! I buy the Clubber's Guide and The Annual practically every year. I download first, then decide if I want to purchase them.

The only I don't really enjoy is the Chillout Sessions- not because it's crap; it's just not to my taste. I still listen to a couple of tracks from it every year, though... in case I change my mind!

Back