• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hey guys, so I completed a dragon monotype last january, I finished my perfect platinum, black 2, Y and alpha sapphire run. The problem is that I recall jotting down notes and I even recall posting updates but I can't find my updates that show I finished it? I don't know if I still have the save files, do I redo them?

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    So my current status on my challenge is at a standstill. lol. So I have completed all eight gyms and off on my way to victory road... But, my rival... has me stuck on a grinding spree. I gave him a charizard smh which is toasting my bugs to crisps. So while I grind to K.O. a charizard this is my current team.

The Monotype Challenge
    *Castor*
    Beedrill
    lvl-46
    endeavor
    focus energy
    twinneedle
    return

The Monotype Challenge
    *Prometheus*
    Parasect
    lvl-45
    aerial ace
    slash
    spore
    dig

The Monotype Challenge
    *Icarus*
    Venomoth
    lvl-49
    solarbeam
    supersonic
    psybeam
    sleep powder

The Monotype Challenge
    *Pollux*
    Butterfree
    lvl-52
    sleep powder
    giga drain
    silver wind
    dream eater

The Monotype Challenge
    *Nemesis*
    Pinsir
    lvl-45
    earthquake
    attract
    bulk up
    submission

BlackSteelDrake

The Almighty Poke Man
    Years
  • So I just beat Brock in LG for my monotype fire ultimate challenge. I was popping in here and see people do updates of sorts. Are these mandatory? How does one go about them if so?

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • So I just beat Brock in LG for my monotype fire ultimate challenge. I was popping in here and see people do updates of sorts. Are these mandatory? How does one go about them if so?
    The only required posts are one to tell me you are starting the challenge and one to tell me you finished the challenge. Anything in between is optional. Some people write stories, or just journal entries summarizing what they did, or even just a post telling us they got a badge. Post as often or as little as you like as long as you don't post consecutively before someone else does.

BlackSteelDrake

The Almighty Poke Man
    Years
  • The only required posts are one to tell me you are starting the challenge and one to tell me you finished the challenge. Anything in between is optional. Some people write stories, or just journal entries summarizing what they did, or even just a post telling us they got a badge. Post as often or as little as you like as long as you don't post consecutively before someone else does.

Ah ok, thank you.

Fire Red 1/8

- Chose Charmander as a starter, brother said use a Naruto naming theme so we have Itachi the Charmander

- Traded a Growlithe from my Fire Red to Leaf Green, nicknamed Akamaru

- Itachi evolves after grinding in the Viridian Forest

- Beat Brock via a critical hit Metal Claw with Itachi the Charmeleon

- Currently in Mt. Moon: Itachi lv. 19, Akamaru lv. 17

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • Let's do another!
    Forum User Name: SonicZ16
    Pokémon Type: Psychic
    Challenge Mode: Single
    Game: White 2

I triple-checked earlier, and I don't think there is an obtainable Psychic type or would-be Psychic type Pokemon before earning the second badge, assuming you don't have access to Dream Radar. So I'll be trading in a Munna egg as soon as possible.

If there is in fact a Psychic type available before the second badge, I'd like to know!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • Sinnoh Update 4 (Platinum)

Defeated Maylene and earned myself a Badge.
    Helped Dawn with Team Galactic.
    Walked Back to Pastoria City.
    Defeated Crasher Wake.
    Remoraid Evolved.
    Defeated the Galactic Grunt.
    Got the Super Potion From Cynthia and went the Long way back the Psyduck who needed Super Potion.
    Went to Celestic town Defeated Team Galactic.
    Shellos and Goldeen Evolved.
    Went to Canalave City
    Defeated Byron
    Went to the Iron Islands Helped Riley got an egg that I could not accept.
    Went to the Library and listed to Rowan talk and talk.
    Went to Lake Valor and saved before walking in.

Team
    Empoleon Lv 44
    The Monotype Challenge

Surf
    Defog
    Metal Claw
    Peck

Floatzel Lv 37
    The Monotype Challenge

Crunch
    Swift
    Aqua Jet
    Water Gun

Whiscash Lv38
    The Monotype Challenge

Magnitude
    Water Pulse
    Rest
    Mud Bomb

Octillery Lv36
    The Monotype Challenge

Bubblebeam
    Bullet Seed
    Psybeam
    Aurora Beam

Gastrodon Lv 39
    The Monotype Challenge

Hidden Power
    Body Slam
    Surf
    Mud Bomb

Seaking Lv 18
    The Monotype Challenge

Surf
    Flail
    Horn Attack
    Water Pulse

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    So I am currently working on two runs however I'm very excited because I just found out how to get a nds emulator on my pc. So I am not subjected to gba games. So I want to play one the new games (well new to me).

So I am going to add a third challenge and it will be my last add/sign up until I beat the ones I'm currently working on. I just am burnt out on 3rd gen games and want a new adventure.

So I will be starting another bug run

Type: Bug
    Game: Black v2

Well crap disregard that last post. Didn't realize it took you so long to acquire a bug type in black. So I am changing it to fire type which I haven't done yet so I'm excited.

Last edited by a moderator:

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • Ohh gawd. I'm doing bug in leaf green. Didn't think about going against green and on top of that i gave him a charizard. I am about to fight Blaine So that will also be a challenge in itself. So it seems like I'll be grinding for years lol.

Ahhh, yeah be prepared for that Charizard!! haha

On the plus side, at least Green will have two psychic types on his final team. :)

Started on my SoulSilver run. Chose Chikorita as my starter and so far have caught Bellsprout and Hoppip. Defeated Falkner relatively easily. Moving onto Azalea Town now....

Sageous

Xatu Lover
    Years
  • I played White some more but I'm encountered quite an obstacle. Burgh's Leavanny is capable of destroying my team in one hit... So, I started on FireRed and have made a ton of progress.

Pokemon White Ground Monotype Update #2:
    Spoiler:

Current Team (White):
    The Monotype Challenge

Lv. 25
    -Metal Claw
    -Fury Swipes
    -Hone Claws
    -Dig

The Monotype Challenge

Lv. 26
    -BubbleBeam
    -Uproar
    -Supersonic
    -Mudshot

The Monotype Challenge

Lv. 24
    -Mud-Slap
    -Thief
    -Sand Tomb
    -Assurance

Focused a lot of time into FireRed. Having a lot of fun with it so far!

Spoiler:

Current Team (FireRed):
    The Monotype Challenge

Lv. 34
    -Tackle
    -Rollout
    -Magnitude
    -Rock Blast

The Monotype Challenge

Lv. 33
    -Poison Sting
    -Horn Attack
    -Double Kick
    -Focus Energy

The Monotype Challenge

Lv. 33
    -Dig
    -Magnitude
    -Fury Swipes
    -Mud-Slap

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    A new beginning

Forum User Name: Xemnahort
    Pokémon Type: Fighting
    Challenge Mode: Ultimate
    Game(s): Yellow, Soulsilver, Ruby, Platinum, White 2, and Y

Starting with Yellow and then I'm gonna try to do them in order but if it gets really frustrating I might start the next in the list and come back to whichever is giving me trouble. I'm starting today.

The Monotype Challenge

Last edited:

BlackSteelDrake

The Almighty Poke Man
    Years
  • Ye ol update time.

Spoiler:

Badges 8/8

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    Kronos Father of gods began his journey with a mostly useless rat.
    Useless rat helped Kronos attain his first godly champion Sun Wukong (Mankey).
    Sun Wukong started weak but with proper guidance from Kronos soon became more than swole enough to sweep the forest, the rival (Assfart), and the gym with minimal effort.

Sun Wukong (Mankey) lvl. 14

Lunarly

(●´ω`●)
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Feb 2, 2019
    Update #10

Badges:
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monotype Challenge

Log:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    Sun Wukong stands strong as he waits for his allies to be obtained.
    In the meantime a no name fire lizard goes into the box along with a bunch of random losers. (catching for exp all.)
    On his break Sun Wukong decides to wipe out the rival, nugget bridge, the route behind it, misty's gym, and the route to vermillion. Kronos is somewhat pleased.
    Then Kronos listens to an old man's tale and is rewarded with a powerful Bike Voucher.

Sun Wukong (Mankey) lvl 27

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    So my update on my fire run in black v2. So this is actually my first time playing black and white and I went straight for the black v2. OMFG what a fun run and game!! I have to say hands down this is probably my favorite version of pokemon games. Holy crap so awesome. But other then my rant. Ha I started ,my first play through with a fire run and I'm having tons of fun with it. Wait I just said that.. lol :).

My status is I am 7 badges in just beat dragon gym and plasma attacked so I'm there.

My team is:

The Monotype Challenge
    *Underworld*
    lvl 49
    item- leftovers
    thunderpunch
    firespin
    confuse ray
    rest

The Monotype Challenge
    *Hades*
    lvl 45
    item - Metronome
    Heat Crash
    Flamethrower
    Assurance
    Arm Thrust

The Monotype Challenge
    *Fury*
    lvl 48
    item - Shell Bell
    Flare Blitz
    Bulldozer
    Hammer Punch
    Superpower

The Monotype Challenge
    *Cerberus*
    lvl 47
    item - Scope Lens
    Fire Fang
    Extremespeed
    Return
    Snarl

The Monotype Challenge
    *Shimmer*
    lvl 45
    item - power lens
    inferno
    flame burst
    sunny day
    hex

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    Kronos continues to easily advance with his current lone champion Sun Wukong sinking the entirety of the S.S. Anne including Assfart.
    Also after much battle and hardship Sun Wukong grows into his full potential and ascends to his true form. (evolves to Primape)
    After drying off Kronos sends Sun Wukong to give Lt. Surge his regards. He comes back with the head of his Raichu. Kronos rolls with it.
    Kronos then travels through rock tunnel using the useless rat as makeshift lantern.
    After aquiring a tribute for gatekeepers Kronos enters Saffron city and immediately attacks the fighting dojo for his second destined warrior.
    After a brief but worthy struggle Sun Wukong defeats the dojo allowing Futsunushi to join Kronos as was foretold.

Sun Wukong (Primape) lvl 37
    Futsunushi (Hitmonlee) lvl 30

SonicZ16

Blazing Attacker
    Years
  • My journey as a Psychic is finally over. It was a very interesting run, to say the least!

The Monotype Challenge

Team:
    Spoiler:

Years
  • The White 2 Golduck Solo Water Monotype is done! This is the first time I've beat White 2. I don't know why I haven't sooner.

Pics​
    Spoiler:

The Team​

Rive Lv.72
    The Monotype Challenge

The Monotype Challenge
    Mystic Water
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Psychic
    Disable

Rapid Lv. 72
    The Monotype Challenge

The Monotype Challenge
    Mystic Water
    Waterfall
    Ice Fang
    Crunch
    Double Hit

I was really surprised when I got the Water-type Champ medal! I didn't think the game would notice that you did a Monotype.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2021
    Kronos decides to spend some time to gather more subjects for purpose of worship. (need 50 for Exp. All)
    Futsunushi quickly grows under Kronos' stern trainng and is soon on Sun Wukong's level of talent.
    After knocking over all the plants in a nearby training area Kronos decides to meet with a lowly mortal gangster who refuses to serve Kronos forever and flees.
    Afterwards Kronos visited the tower of the dead brushes his "rival" aside as he descends easily to the top with Wukong's help.
    Kronos then follows his instinct to a port town to find a newly born goddess Tefnut and takes her under wing.
    Kronos finds a mighty warrior named Hercules but after the death of his mother Kronos decides he needs a more peaceful life and sends him to a trusted ally to rest, in return the ally sends their strongest warrior Ricky to aid Kronos.
    Kronos attains a chariot capable of ferrying him across the land and removing obstacles from his path.
    Kronos trains his warriors for the next battle.

Sun Wukong (Primape) lvl 41
    Futsunushi (Hitmonlee) lvl 39
    Tefnut (Poliwag) lvl 13
    RICKY (Machamp) lvl 20
    Chariot (Farfetch'd for fly and cut) lvl 21
    PIKACHU (for flash) lvl6

Kronos traverses a nature preserve and retrieves the secret art of swimming and some lost gold for an old man.
    After much hardship and searching Kronos finally has enough followers to impress a wise man and receives the legendary EXP. ALL. (had to evolve some non critical mons to get 50 in the pokedex)
    After a startlingly close victory against Koga's "poison" gym Kronos decides some serious training is in order. (For some reason the only poison type pokemon in Koga's gym are Venonat and Venomoth everything else is a drowzee, hypno, or kadabra)

Sun Wukong (Primape) lvl 44
    Futsunushi (Hitmonlee) lvl 39
    Tefnut (Poliwag) lvl 16
    RICKY (Machamp) lvl 21
    Chariot (Farfetch'd for fly and cut) lvl 21
    PIKACHU (for flash) lvl6

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back