• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the more you get addicted, the more Pokémon you talk about

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • does this happen to you??? You start getting more addicted to Pokémon you start talking about Pokémon you have never talked about before... for example, a year ago you would NEVER hear me talking about Kyogre or Groundon or even Kyurem... now I post about them several times on Facebook... there are other Pokémon that has happened with too!!! I got more addicted and I started posting about ones I didn't like... do you get this too??? explain how this has happened...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    My tastes in Pokemon certainly change so I have in the past hated a Pokemon I like now (Venusaur, Crobat, etc), but I don't see that as me becoming more addicted to Pokemon, just my tastes changing. As a kid I always heard of Charmander being the starter to pick for R/B, and I personally chose Squirtle so Venusaur was never on my radar, but now I really like its design and think it's super cute. And Crobat I used to hate just because it's related to Zubat but I've changed my opinion on that one as well.

I wouldn't say that I talked about them when I didn't like them though. I like them more now so I'll talk about them more.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2012
    I am nowhere near addicted now as I used to be, back in Gen 1, and then again when Gen 4 began, but through Nuzlocke runs I learned to love Pokes I had never considered previously. I never post/talk about it though publicly since society thinks I'm too old to like Pokemon (as much as I do) but I do have a younger cousin who I could talk for hours with.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm addicted to Pokemon, but I only talk about it sometimes, and to anyone who looks interested enough to listen, i.e. showing them Pokemon art I made or something Pokemon-related I find interesting.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I suppose so. I used to hate Absol because I thought it was useless for some really odd reason, but I warmed up to it after I found out that it could learn Swords Dance and rape the Hoenn Elite Four.

And actually, I was very apprehensive when Gen IV was first introduced. I thought it was a weird region and the Pokemon looked odd, etc. I forced myself to play a full playthrough and I actually had fun using the new Pokemon and I got used to the new system. The same goes with Gen V, except I guess it wasn't as extreme. As for specifics, well, I didn't like Cherrim at all until I used Sunny Day one time and it turned into an awesome flower. I also thought Infernape looked ugly. Just flat out ugly since it had a wrinkly face or whatever, but I used it and I was like, "Wow, this monkey kicks butt!" Its wrinkles don't bother me anymore.

Back