• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most annoying gym puzzle

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • I gotta say that the vermillion gym puzzle (in all the games that its in) is the most annoying of them all. AGHHH!

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • Psssht, Vermillion Gym is a walk in the park. :x

It's Veilstone that tics me off. It's not hard, per se, but it's so. annoying. Especially when you lose to Maylene and have to do the whole stupid thing all over again. (Sooo many times before I caught a Houndour that whupped her Lucario. SO MANY TIMES.)

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I always hated the Snowpoint city puzzle =__=

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • Vermillion.
    Not that you couldn't get it eventually, but AGHHHHH. Made me want to throw my DS.

Me being a nerd, I enjoyed the Sootopolis and Snowpoint puzzles. xDD

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • I hate the Sinnoh gym puzzles with a passion.

Oreburgh Gym: lol
    Eterna Gym: In DP it was a huge pain. In Platinum it was easy as hell LOL
    Veilstone Gym: Ugh... I despise this gym. It is so annoying. I always spend half an hour trying to figure out how the hell to get through it. Yup, I did it in both Diamond and Platinum. >__<
    Pastoria Gym: Also a nightmare. If I hadn't read a walkthrough, i'd probably still be running around that gym trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do.
    Hearthome Gym: Lolwut. Easy as hell.
    Canalave Gym: The third easiest one in Platinum after Oreburgh, Eterna and Hearthome. Simple.
    Snowpoint Gym: DANG SNOWBALLS! GRR I HATE THIS GYM AND ITS ABILITY TO WASTE MY TIME!
    Sunyshore Gym: I promise you this. A few weeks ago I slept over at my friend's house, and it was about 00:30. We were supposed to go to sleep, but I kept on going through the gym until what, 02:00? Then the day after, I figured it out in five minutes.

Now.. for the other region's gyms (except Johto as I didn't play GSC and i've not come that far in HGSS)

Kanto: The easiest gyms ever. Pewter, Cerulean, Celadon, Saffron, Fuchsia, Cinnabar, Viridian.. the Vermilion gym is not hard, but annoying if you can't get it right
    Hoenn: Also easy. The gyms in Rustboro, Dewford, Mauville, Petalburg, Fortree, Mossdeep and Sootopolis were all easy. I kinda have some trouble with the Lavaridge Gym sometimes, but I always get through it on my second try. Or third if I haven't played Emerald in a while. :P

The Red Chain

I'm gonna have to say Maylene's gym in Platinum was the most annoying.
    It honestly took me quite a bit to figure it out the first time. :x
    Even the second time around I still took a bit, but not as long as the first time.

Once I finished though and I looked around at the puzzle again I was like :
    'Omg, that was stupidly easy. How did I not see that?!'
    XDD

Years
  • Snowpoint. It took me hours to finish the first time, by now i know how to solve it, but i still hate it.
    Maylene in Platinum is another one i hate, but in DP it's easy.
    Vermilion, of course, is also among these, i always suffer from bad luck here.
    Sootoopolis... The last one can be a huge pain, but at least it's manageable.

Sunnyshore and Saffron aren't that hard, at least not in my opinion.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • From the point of view from my first time through each game:

RBY: Saffron

Damn. I never figured out how the warp panels linked. I just walk in one and hope for the best.

GSC: Mahogany

That took me a week to figure out the first time. No lie. I still have trouble with it to this day, so from an overall standpoint, it takes the cake.

RS: Fortree and Mossdeep

I didn't find any Emerald puzzles to be too challenging, so I'm not including it. RS Fortree and Mossdeep tie, though. My cousin had to help me get through both of them. Then I would lose...and he'd have to help me again. :[

Pt: Veilstone

It gave me a headache. I had no problems with the DP puzzles. But Veilstone in Platinum was a conundrum that took me a while. Not as bad as Price's gym in GSC, but still a worthy challenge.

Ayselipera

Vermilion is the most annoying gym. I always seem to pick the wrong second barrel. >:-<

Hacky

Who knows who <- is?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2011
    I just plain hate the Vermilion gym puzzle. Not hard, but annoying!

Back