• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Bull-Crap Moment...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • So, I was playing Pokemon Silver for the first time, and I enter Mount Silver expecting a great challenge at the end of it. Then the kid at the end sends out a little unevolved rat, and I wasn't sure if the correct response was to headdesk or ROTFL.

More recently, I was at battle 46 or 47 in the Battle Tower. I'm up against a Walrein, and things proceeded as follows:

Walrein used Sheer Cold! It's a one-hit KO!

I sent out Jolteon. Walrein's Quick Claw activated. It used Sheer Cold. It's a one-hit KO!

I forget who my third Pokemon was, but whoever it was, Walrein used Sheer Cold. It's a one-hit KO!

Yeah, so after that, I made a decision to avoid all things Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway related.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    I hate it when a Pokémon that is like ten levels lower than mine is so much better than mine(I don't mind when it's a type that's meant to be good on mine).

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • i used all 99 ultra balls (was about to go face rayquaza) and my master ball on a level 31 bagon that had 1 hp left i kid you not that thing was a troll i was spamming a with the bag used all my ultra balls then on accident used my master ball on it i gave my game to my cousin so i could rage who then proceeded saved the game for mebecause of it i have a limit Non Legendary/Shiny, Ten pokeballs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2013
    Trying to defeat Flint (my 20th time or something) with Torterra (cause everything else was low level and KO'd). His Drifblim had about 20hp left, I was about to razor leaf it, and I died of a burn. I nearly threw my DS against the wall.

Years
  • Stupid Whitney in Pokemon Heartgold. SO annoying. Keeps on using attract on my Pokemon and they later faint because of her stupid Milktank which used Milk Drink to make its HP go up. DX I threw the DSi on my floor and I almost broke it. >:( It took me days to figure out her defeat her stupid Milktank.

FrozenInfernoZX

What is out there?
    Years
  • Getting a crit on that rare Pokemon I planned to catch. Sometimes I can even predict when that crit is going to happen :\

Rage Quit!

Battle Tower is rigged. On my... Attacks with accuracy high as 99% will hit 60% of the times. When the CPU's Sheer Cold never misses, smh.
    And my biggest nemesis of them all is battling Milotic in Battle Tower. I freakin hate that Pokemon. It ended ALL my Battle Tower streaks in Ruby.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Probably never winning the Bug-Catching contest despite catching the obvious best Pokemon.

You win based on the amount of HP of the Bug Pokemon caught, not just the level.

Walrein used Sheer Cold! It's a one-hit KO!

I sent out Jolteon. Walrein's Quick Claw activated. It used Sheer Cold. It's a one-hit KO!

I forget who my third Pokemon was, but whoever it was, Walrein used Sheer Cold. It's a one-hit KO!

D: HOW!?!

Every single match I've ever had on Pokemon Stadium Round 2. That game is so impossibly hard I rage quit every time I attempt to complete it.

Your opponents essentially have teams of Pokemon with stats that are almost completely maxed out and always better than yours (and by yours, I mean the Pokemon you've raised on Pokemon R/B/Y, not the crappy rentals).

The game is completely rigged: every time you become confused, are put to sleep or paralysed, you always find yourself hurting in confusion, asleep for the maximum amount of turns or fully paralysed. Yet when you do the same to the computer, they always manage to pull through and land a critical hit out of absolutely nowhere, which completely ruins your match plan.

They also never miss an opportunity to take advantage of the Wrap/Bind/Fire Spin/Clamp mechanic from Gen I, so if your Pokemon is slower and you're faced against a Pokemon with one of those moves, you're completely screwed unless they accidentally miss.

I'm sure anyone else who has ever played R2 on that game will be able to relate. Without a doubt the hardest Pokemon game to ever have been released.

I'm just surprised you made it to Round 2. I STILL can't beat Red.

Crits.....FRIGGIN CRITS....

No one likes crits....they kill the pokemon you're trying to catch, they OKO you....just everyone hates them...

Funny there was once a conversation on Smogon about banning Critical hits.

Blaziken being outsped by Glacia's Walrein in Emerald even though Blaziken is faster.

Getting owned by Bianca's Serpierior after using Coil once. Seriously, wtf?

Hurricane. Nuff' said.

Confusion. Nuff' said.

Moltres back in Platinum version for some reason refusing to be caught. Zapdos and Articuno went easy, but Moltres seemed like it LITERALLY REFUSED to be caught. So eventually I just said screw it and traded my Moltres from Diamond to Platinum.

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • That moment when wally finds a shiny ralts it happened yesterday i was so pissed that i said screw it and turned the game off, im still raging over that

Ice Car

Banned
    Years
  • Cheren sweeped my entire team with Crit Air Slashes that kept flinching me. Literally, every Air Slash he used was a crit and one shotted me, or if it didn't one shot me, I flinched preventing me from doing anything.

The rest of the game was just critical-heavy, everything was getting criticals on my pokemon, flinching me, secondary effects always **** me up, Static always paralyzed... I deleted that file because I thought it had some curse laid upon it that put it upon itself to make me miserable.

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
  • the most bull crap moment was a battle with the subway bosses on the normal lane. I was missing all over the place and they were there, trolling me with moves that seem the keep getting critical hits, its like the game doesn't want me to win yet. eventually i beat them, but those moments really give me so much annoyance and frustration.

Edit - Another moment is when I went Game Sync. I haven't been connecting with the Dream World for many months due to connection problems that still persists today. i went to receive my already awoken pokemon and when I tried to send another one, it said i need to wait a whole day, even if I haven't been using the Game Sync in Months. I was like, "WTF, I didn't even use the Game Sync for months!"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2020
    3 years ago at the battle factory. My scizor almost had it until Thorton's Rhyperior's rock slide scored a crit. We were both down to our last pokemon.

Simply put, crits are my worst nightmare. Not if I'm having them.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
    Years
  • First time trying to beat Red in HG/SS with underleved Pokemon in the high 50s. On his last Pokemon, Lapras we're both on 1 HP and some how he strikes first. When I was so close... ._.. I raged for ages until I beat him the next few weeks :D.

Also Route 6 in Unova. So much Deerlings, spamming Take Down ._..

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • Been playing Pokemon Stadium and I have an additional point to make that supports Pokemon Stadium as the most rigged game ever.

During the Prime Cup Master Ball rank (in Round 2) the third trainer you face is a Gambler and primarily uses Pokemon with Horn Drill and Fissure.

Now, the problem with this guy is that he'll either score his OHKO moves straight away, or right at the end of the match when you think you've won. He's beat me way more times than I've beaten him, with moves that only have 30% accuracy! Also, whilst playing today, I took my Gengar, thinking "Yeah, Gengar will **** them up with his superior speed". Well, I use my Gengar whilst he uses Nidoqueen. I used Hypnosis, which failed. He then uses Bubblebeam. I used Hypnosis again, which also fails. He uses Bubblebeam, which lowers Gengar's speed. Then he uses Fissure with his now higher speed, and BINGO! Knocks Gengar out flat.

It's such a rigged game, dammit!

Years
  • Stadium has to be rigged. I once spent like an hour working out the best team for a cup and got knocked out in round five or something 3-1.

Reds Lapras in HG/SS. I hate that thing. Especially right now because I'm playing a purely Dragon team.

When gym leaders/E4 spam double team. I want to break the DS open.

The most annoying one for me though was playing against my friend. I know I'm better than him, I clearly had the advantage (A team of all level 100's) against his who only had one (Volcarona). I still had all six of mine and he was down to just Volcarona, which proceeded to murder my entire team. Suffice to say I went out and got a Volcarona after that.

Back