• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Challenging Elite Four?

Hardest Elite Four?

• Kanto

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Unova

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Kalos

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

大輔

Adventurer
Years
Which game's Elite Four gave you the most trouble? Also specifiy which game it was that you had problems in lol

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
This is really tough for me, but I think that Koga singlehandedly makes Johto the hardest one. Whenever I come out of that battle, all of my non-steel Pokemon are poisoned, and I've usually gone through all of my antidotes through the course of the battle. And it's always bad poison, so your Pokemon are basically doomed if you don't cure them. Having all my Pokemon poisoned at the end of the second battle is a serious pain. I also seem to have a lot of trouble with Will for some reason. So I have to give it to Johto.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Kanto Elite Four would have to be the hardest. They had Lance as a member, who was quite tough to go up against. To finally defeat him, I had to rely on a lot of healing items such as Revives, Max Potions, Full Restores, Burn Heals, Ice Heals, and so on. The Hoenn Elite Four were pretty hard as well. And the easiest Elite Four are probably the ones of Unova.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Kanto and Sinnoh (Pre-Platinum) definitely have the hardest Elite Four. Not only because of their high levels, but also because some of their members use Pokemon not associated with their types, making type coverage against them pretty difficult.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Hm, this certainly fits better in Pokémon Gaming Central as it specifically refers to the games :>

-moved

Years
Am I the only one who finds the Sinnoh Elite Four overrated as chiz and finds the Unova Elite Four (at least in BW) much harder than people make them out to be? Their Pokémon are really strong and while they only have four of them, they're bulky, except Grimsley. They're much easier in BW2 though, mostly due to how smaller the level gap is and the bigger dex giving you more options to counter them, at least on Normal Mode, but on Challenge Mode they get five Pokémon, all with odd held items (cough Choice Scarf Chandelure cough). Johto's Elite Four wasn't crazy tough per se, but they were annoying (i.e. Koga and Karen).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 7, 2014
The most annoying is Johto, but tbh I usually beat all of them first run through no problem.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
Years
For me it was probably Johto. Karen proved to be a real challenge for me, and Lance was pretty difficult too.

mrakaflame

Wise Pokemon Legend
Years
They uhm.. Were all.. Kinda a piece of cake.. Like.. An effortless runthrough through all of them.. Koga is easily beat if you know what types to use.. Only "hard one" was the sinnoh elite 4 with that psychic guy and his bronzong, very agitating pokemon with no weakness that is (ability surpresses fire)

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
I'd say that it's a split between Kanto and Sinnoh for me. Those two were hard in terms of the Pokemon that they used as well as their insanely high levels. Even though Unova's Elite Four had far higher-levelled Pokemon, I obliterated them in one run. The same can be said for Kalos's Elite Four. The Elite Four never got challenging after Sinnoh, unfortunately. :/

Fitzsy

authentic cool guy
Years
The Hoenn Elite Four, but only because Sapphire is my earliest Elite Four memory and as such my team was horribly maladjusted for the task!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
The Hoenn elite four. I know everyone's saying Kanto, but I fought them with a Starmie. That alone made them a pushover. Maybe they're significantly harder without a Starmie, but for me, they were easy to beat.

The Hoenn ones, though, bloody hell. Sure, Sidney and Phoebe are easier, but Glacia is tough. And then we have Drake. You think Lance is hard, with his two Dragonites? Well, Drake has an Altaria, two Flygons, and a Salamence, all with moves that can counter effectively anything.

Years
Personally i hav to say Hoenn because i have the wist memories of it haha :P Th champion's Ludicolo would keep using mega drain on my pokemon, which was really frustrating.. i haven't really versed an elite 4 in a long while so i can't really judge the others though

Miracle Seed

Serpentine trainer
Years
Johto, definitely. I've never had to buy so many revives and reset to my last save before. The worst part was my pokemon were a few levels ahead of theirs!

Years
Ahh gosh, Kanto's Elite Four gave me such a hard time. Lorelei was probably one of the toughest and that wasn't a good sign to come into given that she was the first one you had to defeat, haha. Sinnoh's was a bit of a pain in the behind as well, more so Lucian and Cynthia, but they're still second place when it comes to difficulty. I will never forget the suffering Kanto's E4 put me through. :(

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Johto without a doubt. It took me multiple times to get through each member, especially the likes of Karen and Lance. I still have nightmares of Koga the first time around as well. It took a lot of Victory Road grinding to be able to beat him the same go 'round that I beat Will, haha.

Back