• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most elusive card you can never seem to pull?

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    Scratch what I said earlier. Pyroar is the most elusive card. As a gift, a friend bought me an entire case (6 Booster Boxes, 216 Packs) not a single Pyroar. I will have a fun time over the next couple weeks...

Thats strange....
    Because of Vivillon's two coloration's to the same set number, it makes it twice as easy to pull a vivillon than any other holo rare

(unless you are opening French cards)

Years
    For whatever reason, I couldn't pull Furfrou holo from XY Base Set. I bought a booster box, both trainer boxes and various other booster packs and never came up with it. I was starting to think it was a pretty rare card, until I bought it off Ebay for $1.75...

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Thats strange....
    Because of Vivillon's two coloration's to the same set number, it makes it twice as easy to pull a vivillon than any other holo rare

(unless you are opening French cards)

I know, I have to roll my eyes everytime I watch a tin opening on Youtube and they get Vivillon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    Entei EX, i have opened endless Dark Explores packs and have had zero luck in pulling a regular or full art. It's one of about 5 cards from the set i don't own and i always seem to opt to buy 4 or 5 packs rather then to just buy the card. LOL at this point i know if i ever do pull it, it will be super exciting so i guess i will continue on making myself suffer in the process.

Years
    Any FA in general. I've only ever pulled Thundurus FA from Emerging Powers aside from the Radiant Collection FA's, and it sucks. I've been collecting for almost a year, and to sit here with only so many ultra rare pulls, it's a shame.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2014
    In Flashfire, I need a few holos still. But to me, it's odd that I only need one more non-holo rare and that is Walrein. After dozens and dozens of packs, I still have not gotten one.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    In Plasma Freeze I think my most elusive holos were the first ones I pulled and the last.

I've opened almost 200 Plasma Freeze packs and opened two Dragonite Holos in the first 4 packs I ever opened, then got one more holo and 1 reverse. That's it. 3 Dragonite Holos in 190 packs.
    It took almost 160 packs to get a Metagross Holo, while I've pulled 3 Metagross Reverses.

For full arts and ex's I've pulled 4 Professor Juniper Full Arts, but 1 Ghetsis FA, 2 Latios Full Arts, 4 Latios Ex, but only 1 Latias ex and no Latias Full Arts.

Raikou

bolt-action thunder
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Nov 12, 2015
    I've never pulled any FA trainers aside from the FA Lysandre I pulled last week. I've opened so many packs of Boundaries Crossed and absolutely nothing. I've traded for two Colress, one N, one Juniper, and one Cheren.

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Back when Neo Genesis was new, I probably spent damn near $100 of my allowance trying to pull a Pichu. I had previously bought a Japanese prerelase one from the Nostalgia Zone, but I could never get that English one. 8 year old me got so frustrated that I'd sometimes rip up the cards if it wasn't what I wanted.

Back