• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the most epic catches you've had?

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    whats the most surprising catch you've ever had in any game?

for me, i ended up catching kyroge in a ultra ball in emerald on the first try, like you'd catch any other non legendary pokemon. im just thinking {D:} {D:}{D:}

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    Back in the days of gen 3 my friend and i were playing fire red in my backyard. We had just found zapdos and were trying catch it with only pokeballs (which is very possible with zapdos). I recall that we had somewhere around 150 when we started, as the number of pokeballs got smaller and smaller we ran around the yard thinking it would raise the catch rate. The next ball we threw caught it. Still to this day i think about running around to see if it works again xD

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's the fact that I caught my Zekrom in a Heal Ball.

And that one time my sister caught Articuno in a Net Ball (and several other non-Water or Bug types in Net Balls).

And I think there's something else, but I can't remember...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I caught Zekrom in a regular pokéball. I know that Reshiram and Zekrom have relatively high catch rates because their capture is required to beat the game, but still...

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
    In my first Pokémon game, Silver, I was a noob and spent my Master Ball on Lugia. Then later on, when I decided to try and complete the Dex, I also had to face Ho-Oh.
    That went, no better word for it, terrible. Too many Ultra Balls, too many turns, FAR too many Struggle. When it fainted eventually, I could do nothing but reset my device and load the last save slot.

I did nothing for a long time after that, but at some point I started playing again. My starter Feraligatr named Kroko leveled up, and when he got to level 70, I decided to try catching Ho-Oh again, although I didn't have great expectations. I saved in front of the tower and climbed to the top for the battle. Ho-Oh was still on the same place.

Kroko used Surf. Ho-Oh had half of its HP left.
    Kroko used Cut. Ho-Oh had one third.
    Kroko used Cut. Ho-Oh was close to fainting.
    I threw an Ultra Ball. Ho-Oh was caught, first try, using only three moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In my third run of Pokémon Ruby, I, somehow, managed to catch Groudon with only just one Poké Ball. Not sure how that worked exactly, but it didn't. xD" It was my only ball at that time; ran out of everything else. Plus, back then, capturing legendaries were seemingly a bit more difficult than it is now. Aside from that, I also caught Giratina once with one Ultra Ball in Platinum.

Years
    I remember when I was trying to catch Terrakion in my main White 2 game, for one with a Jolly nature and feasible IVs. When I ran into one I was all but assured had max Speed, I caught it with one Timer Ball I think. But I ended up resetting since its IVs weren't quite what I would want. Then the same thing happened again.

On the third try (that I knew it had max Speed), I think it took me three Ultra Balls, and then I caught it. And I found out that it had not only 31 Speed, but also 31 Attack. Yeah. Pretty snazzy. B)

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
    Mine was recent. I was trying to catch Rayquaza and every ultra ball that I threw would not catch it and finally I was like screw it, threw my one poke ball and went pee before even looking because I was sure that I wouldn't catch it. Sure enough, when I came back, Rayquaza was caught :O

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Probably the Mewtwo i caught with a Pokeball once playing FR. It was one of those "screw it all, im so done" moments of desperation. I didnt want to use my Masterball on it, and it kept using recover...i was pretty stoked after that Pokeball stopped shaking

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
    When I was little, I caught a Moltres with a Pokéball (The last day of school during the end of the year party no less) and I remember running around the playground to my fellow Pokémaniac friends showing them. Things like that are just 42x more exciting when you are younger.

banana87

The Original Game Boy
    Years
    My sister, who was about 10 at the time, was playing Pearl. She is quite a bit younger than me (11 years) so when I saw her next, I asked her about it. She showed me her Pokemon and I saw she had Palkia. I personally don't like using legendaries in my main playthrough, so I scoffed a little. Until I saw she caught it in a Great Ball. I asked her what that was about, and she told me she just threw it when it was weak. She had used her Master Ball on a Starley by accident. Meanwhile, I had been suffering to capture Heatran with Dusk Balls (which still is the most stubborn Pokemon I have ever caught). My sister was more of a Pokemon master than me...

Years
    Catching Xerneas with a Poke Ball on my first attempt. Even though the capture rate for Xerneas/Yveltal was higher than most other legendaries, I have such a rotten luck catching Pokemon that when Catching RNG God (or whatever you call it) finally smiled to me, I was surprised.

Back