• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Forgettable Pokemon

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Repost...

Regional Awards:

Most-Forgotten Region: Hoenn
    Obviously it's not Kanto with all the retrofags running about. It's not Johto for the same reason, plus because we got HeartGold and SoulSilver. Sinnoh is too new to be forgotten. The lone one? Hoenn, the region which everyone hated to be in and didn't really have anything special to offer.

Most-Forgotten Gen I Pokémon: Paras
    Paras was always the odd one out. His Grass / Bug typing makes him utterly useless against a lot of Pokemon, and he's too slow to even compete in battles. His signature move, Spore, was stolen by Breloom (who does it a lot better). The only time he was really useful was in FRLG when Tinymushroom replaced Heart Scale at the Move Relearner, but the role has since been reverted. At least he can boast that he's the only Pokemon with an 8x weakness (to Fire).

Most-Forgotten Gen II Pokémon: Ledian
    Ledian takes the cake over Qwilfish and Sunkern. It's a pretty close battle. Qwilfish boasts about being almost completely forgotten as a gimmicky "easter-egg" sort Pokemon that can only be found on certain days in one area, and Sunkern can brag about how it's actually the worst Pokemon (save Magikarp), even losing against Luvdisc. Now, since this entire paragraph has been about Qwilfish and Sunkern, you can tell I really don't care about Ledian at all. Poor guy got Swarm in Gen III, but couldn't even use it since he didn't learn any Bug-type attacks (except Silver Wind) until Gen IV.

Most-Forgotten Gen III Pokémon: Barboach
    It was a hard pick, since I don't think any of Gen III could be forgotten, really. If I had to choose, though, it'd be Barboach, the Pokemon that is constantly overshadowed by its evolutionary form. Even then, people always seem to prefer its distant type cousins, Quagsire and Gastrodon. Barboach is just plain unremarkable: it's not small enough to be the smallest Pokemon, nor is it light enough to be the lightest. Who knew Barboach could learn Spark by breeding? And who really cares that it's the only non-Electric-type to learn the move? No one, that's who.

Most-Forgotten Gen IV Pokémon: Chatot
    This one was also a close call between him, Finneon and Carnivine. I picked Chatot because Finneon already receives enough hate for being completely useless, stupid, and not worth it and Carnivine... Well, Chatot sucks more than Carnivine. Even though Carnivine has near zero uniqueness in the anime, stealing Victreebel's quirks and foibles, he actually appears frequently enough for us not to forget about him. I'm still convinced Chatot was only added to the game to display the gimmicky voice features on the DS with its Chatter move. Pretty paltry at that too.

Legendary Awards:

Most-Forgotten Legendary: Phione

Most-Forgotten Gen I Legendary: Moltres
    Regrettably, I'd give this one to Moltres. While all of the legendaries in Gen I are pretty well known, I picked Moltres because of a variety of reasons. Firstly, it's neither Mew nor Mewtwo because somehow little kids think they are the strongest Pokemons. Zapdos takes the role of electrical terror in competitive battling and Articuno is just plain pretty and everyone loves it. Moltres is the one who gets all the flak for being the ugliest swan-turkey thing and he's got nothing special about him in terms of battling; almost all Fire-types can do what he offers.

Most-Forgotten Gen II Legendary: Celebi
    Ugh, this guy again? From the very beginning, we were never really given a chance to get to know Celebi. He was locked up in the games and few actually got to get one legit in his debut series. His movie was unremarkable and his powers are poor at best. Really, no one even cares about his powers of time travel or his role as "Forest Guardian." They just want to draw him sitting around, looking cute, in a fuzzy setting where there's too much sun and grass.

Most-Forgotten Gen III Legendary: Regirock
    Even though he's one of my favorites, I grudgingly pick Regirock out of all the Hoenn legendaries. It's obvious that none of the members of the big trio is going to win and neither are Latios, Latias, Jirachi, and Deoxys because of their movie glory, so all that's left are the three Regis. I picked Regirock because he's exactly like his brothers... Only there's nothing really special about a Pokemon made out of rock. It's already been done with Golem, who Regirock is just a glorified form of. Oh, woo-hoo, a Rock-type that can learn Zap Cannon. That's about all that's special about him (and Nosepass can do it better).

Most-Forgotten Gen IV Legendary: Phione
    Who? Oh, right, that blob that hatches from Manaphy eggs. Manaphy? Who? Oh right, that guy from that movie. Well... Moving on now...

Categorical Awards:

Most-Forgotten Starter: Umbreon
    Wait, what? Oh, that's right. Umbreon was a starter in Pokemon Colosseum! Whenever people say starter, they always associate it with one of the Fire, Grass, or Water-types in the handheld games, but technically Pikachu, Espeon, Umbreon, and Eevee are still "starters" (though if you wanted to be pedantic, so are Rattata, Machop, Azurill, and Elekid, amongst others in Mystery Dungeon). I picked Umbreon because I feel he gets the least love out of the lot of them. Sorry, Umbreon lovers.

Most-Forgotten Form of Eevee: Flareon
    I don't think any of the Eevee evolutions are truly forgotten, but I think Flareon is the one which isn't hyped up as much as the others. That, and the fact that he's a physically oriented Fire-type that only learns one physical Fire-type attack. He can learn Rain Dance, though, which is rare amongst Fire-types (but why would you want to teach him that?).

Most-Forgotten Pseudo-Legendary: Dragonite
    It's definitely not Metagross, since I see that badass running around everywhere on competitive teams and on fanpages as well. It's not Garchomp since that kid is too good of a Pokemon and too cool looking. It's not Tyranitar for the same reasons. It's not Salamence because even his name evokes a sense of respect (SpecsMence :(). Sorry, Dragonite, it seems you just aren't cool enough to hang with the rest of the pseudos. Stop smiling, grow some spikes, lose some weight, and get bigger wings.

Most-Forgotten Baby Pokémon: Mantyke
    I almost gave this one away to Tyrogue. Mantyke is one big fail of a baby Pokemon. It failed to receive the hype Pichu, Cleffa, Magby and the like got when Baby Pokemon were first introduced, and then it failed to meet the standards Azurill and Wynaut made when they introduced held-item breeding. Budew and Chingling are common Pokemon in Sinnoh. Bonsly and Mime Jr. have the honor of being version-exclusives as well as TV stars along with Happiny and Munchlax. Riolu is fanned too much by Lucario (who isn't that cool, guys). Mantyke is so useless, it can't even evolve by itself; it needs the help of a Remoraid in the party.

Most-Forgotten Vendor Trash Pokémon: Hoothoot
    I classify "Vendor Trash" as any Pokemon you can readily find in the start of the game that has a high catch-rate. Among that category, Outside of a few episodes, he hasn't appeared anywhere and his roles as a Pokemon kind of fail. He can't learn Cut, Surf, Strength, Dig, Whirlpool, or Waterfall like most of the other land-based ones and he can't compete in battle as well as the other flying-type ones. The biggest use for him usually boils down to Hypnosis and Fly. That, added to the fact that you can only find him at nighttime means he's the most useless AND inconvenient Vendor Trash Pokemon around.

Most-Forgotten Fossil Pokémon: Lileep
    I just couldn't bear to give this to Anorith because he's just too cute. Outside of Lileep's unique typing, he's just not as memorable as any of the other fossil Pokemon. There's really no basis on this, other than it had to be one of them.

Most-Forgotten Caught-on-a-Rod Pokémon: Goldeen
    More like Faildeen. Even though it was a main character, it was seldom used because there was never any place to use it. In battle, it was weak and failed to meet the standards of battle. Apparently, its trademark move is Splash, which it fails to even learn. Its design is a goldfish with a horn. All in all, a big stupid fail. This could explain why Goldeen is so easily forgettable. Sorry, Qwilfish, you lost another one.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    Repost...

Regional Awards:

Obviously it's not Kanto with all the retrofags running about. It's not Johto for the same reason, plus because we got HeartGold and SoulSilver. Sinnoh is too new to be forgotten. The lone one? Hoenn, the region which everyone hated to be in and didn't really have anything special to offer.

Paras was always the odd one out. His Grass / Bug typing makes him utterly useless against a lot of Pokemon, and he's too slow to even compete in battles. His signature move, Spore, was stolen by Breloom (who does it a lot better). The only time he was really useful was in FRLG when Tinymushroom replaced Heart Scale at the Move Relearner, but the role has since been reverted. At least he can boast that he's the only Pokemon with an 8x weakness (to Fire).

Ledian takes the cake over Qwilfish and Sunkern. It's a pretty close battle. Qwilfish boasts about being almost completely forgotten as a gimmicky "easter-egg" sort Pokemon that can only be found on certain days in one area, and Sunkern can brag about how it's actually the worst Pokemon (save Magikarp), even losing against Luvdisc. Now, since this entire paragraph has been about Qwilfish and Sunkern, you can tell I really don't care about Ledian at all. Poor guy got Swarm in Gen III, but couldn't even use it since he didn't learn any Bug-type attacks (except Silver Wind) until Gen IV.

It was a hard pick, since I don't think any of Gen III could be forgotten, really. If I had to choose, though, it'd be Barboach, the Pokemon that is constantly overshadowed by its evolutionary form. Even then, people always seem to prefer its distant type cousins, Quagsire and Gastrodon. Barboach is just plain unremarkable: it's not small enough to be the smallest Pokemon, nor is it light enough to be the lightest. Who knew Barboach could learn Spark by breeding? And who really cares that it's the only non-Electric-type to learn the move? No one, that's who.

This one was also a close call between him, Finneon and Carnivine. I picked Chatot because Finneon already receives enough hate for being completely useless, stupid, and not worth it and Carnivine... Well, Chatot sucks more than Carnivine. Even though Carnivine has near zero uniqueness in the anime, stealing Victreebel's quirks and foibles, he actually appears frequently enough for us not to forget about him. I'm still convinced Chatot was only added to the game to display the gimmicky voice features on the DS with its Chatter move. Pretty paltry at that too.

Legendary Awards:

Regrettably, I'd give this one to Moltres. While all of the legendaries in Gen I are pretty well known, I picked Moltres because of a variety of reasons. Firstly, it's neither Mew nor Mewtwo because somehow little kids think they are the strongest Pokemons. Zapdos takes the role of electrical terror in competitive battling and Articuno is just plain pretty and everyone loves it. Moltres is the one who gets all the flak for being the ugliest swan-turkey thing and he's got nothing special about him in terms of battling; almost all Fire-types can do what he offers.

Ugh, this guy again? From the very beginning, we were never really given a chance to get to know Celebi. He was locked up in the games and few actually got to get one legit in his debut series. His movie was unremarkable and his powers are poor at best. Really, no one even cares about his powers of time travel or his role as "Forest Guardian." They just want to draw him sitting around, looking cute, in a fuzzy setting where there's too much sun and grass.

Even though he's one of my favorites, I grudgingly pick Regirock out of all the Hoenn legendaries. It's obvious that none of the members of the big trio is going to win and neither are Latios, Latias, Jirachi, and Deoxys because of their movie glory, so all that's left are the three Regis. I picked Regirock because he's exactly like his brothers... Only there's nothing really special about a Pokemon made out of rock. It's already been done with Golem, who Regirock is just a glorified form of. Oh, woo-hoo, a Rock-type that can learn Zap Cannon. That's about all that's special about him (and Nosepass can do it better).

Who? Oh, right, that blob that hatches from Manaphy eggs. Manaphy? Who? Oh right, that guy from that movie. Well... Moving on now...

Categorical Awards:

Wait, what? Oh, that's right. Umbreon was a starter in Pokemon Colosseum! Whenever people say starter, they always associate it with one of the Fire, Grass, or Water-types in the handheld games, but technically Pikachu, Espeon, Umbreon, and Eevee are still "starters" (though if you wanted to be pedantic, so are Rattata, Machop, Azurill, and Elekid, amongst others in Mystery Dungeon). I picked Umbreon because I feel he gets the least love out of the lot of them. Sorry, Umbreon lovers.

I don't think any of the Eevee evolutions are truly forgotten, but I think Flareon is the one which isn't hyped up as much as the others. That, and the fact that he's a physically oriented Fire-type that only learns one physical Fire-type attack. He can learn Rain Dance, though, which is rare amongst Fire-types (but why would you want to teach him that?).

It's definitely not Metagross, since I see that badass running around everywhere on competitive teams and on fanpages as well. It's not Garchomp since that kid is too good of a Pokemon and too cool looking. It's not Tyranitar for the same reasons. It's not Salamence because even his name evokes a sense of respect (SpecsMence :(). Sorry, Dragonite, it seems you just aren't cool enough to hang with the rest of the pseudos. Stop smiling, grow some spikes, lose some weight, and get bigger wings.

I almost gave this one away to Tyrogue. Mantyke is one big fail of a baby Pokemon. It failed to receive the hype Pichu, Cleffa, Magby and the like got when Baby Pokemon were first introduced, and then it failed to meet the standards Azurill and Wynaut made when they introduced held-item breeding. Budew and Chingling are common Pokemon in Sinnoh. Bonsly and Mime Jr. have the honor of being version-exclusives as well as TV stars along with Happiny and Munchlax. Riolu is fanned too much by Lucario (who isn't that cool, guys). Mantyke is so useless, it can't even evolve by itself; it needs the help of a Remoraid in the party.

I classify "Vendor Trash" as any Pokemon you can readily find in the start of the game that has a high catch-rate. Among that category, Outside of a few episodes, he hasn't appeared anywhere and his roles as a Pokemon kind of fail. He can't learn Cut, Surf, Strength, Dig, Whirlpool, or Waterfall like most of the other land-based ones and he can't compete in battle as well as the other flying-type ones. The biggest use for him usually boils down to Hypnosis and Fly. That, added to the fact that you can only find him at nighttime means he's the most useless AND inconvenient Vendor Trash Pokemon around.

I just couldn't bear to give this to Anorith because he's just too cute. Outside of Lileep's unique typing, he's just not as memorable as any of the other fossil Pokemon. There's really no basis on this, other than it had to be one of them.

More like Faildeen. Even though it was a main character, it was seldom used because there was never any place to use it. In battle, it was weak and failed to meet the standards of battle. Apparently, its trademark move is Splash, which it fails to even learn. Its design is a goldfish with a horn. All in all, a big stupid fail. This could explain why Goldeen is so easily forgettable. Sorry, Qwilfish, you lost another one.
    ^^^Added to the main post, but changed lileep to anorith, simply because that one was biased and anorith is not as nearly as loved as lileep.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Er, at least put it in a quote box >:(
    It took me a long time to write that.

Anyway, I don't really care too much for either of them.
    I have... Never seen anything involving Lileep or Cradily. But, Cradily and Armaldo are two different Pokemon, so fanart about them doesn't even count anyway.

Years
    Oh my god I actually knew it and when I started this post I forgot again. Omggggggggggg the irony D:

Okay lol I remember, it's Deliberd. He only appeared in, like, 2 anime episodes, I almost never ran into him, and up till a point I never even knew he existed while he did for like a year or so. And just now I completely forgot about him, so badly that I had to take a list of all Pokémon and scroll down until I would recognize the name again.But I must say that Huntail and Gorebyss are kind of forgettable too.

Last edited:

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    I disagree about all the rude things said about Hoothoot. He is awesome, even more so when evolves. Don't believe me? Ask most of the bosses in my SoulSilver.

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
    Years
    I disagree about all the rude things said about Hoothoot. He is awesome, even more so when evolves. Don't believe me? Ask most of the bosses in my SoulSilver.
    No, I totally believe you, as I use Hoothoot in all my crystal playthroughs and I was this close to using it in Heartgold(but I ended up using a traded murkrow). I never said I completely agreed with it, it's just thought must of it was pretty accurate.

Charmander_004

I love Pokémon and Charmander
    Years
    Repost...

Regional Awards:

Legendary Awards:

Categorical Awards:

Gymnotide, I found all of your so called "awards" too offensive and inaccurate. I'm very sure there are A LOT of people who not only remember those pokemon but they also love them. Do you have any idea how much people like and remember celebi (there is a pokemon web site and forums that has this pokemon as their mascot), dragonite, moltres and so on (dragonite is perhaps my favorite dragon pokemon and moltres has had even more debuts than zapdos and articuno specially in the anime, OH and the fourth movie is NOT CRAP is one of the best). Specially fans that have been following the series from the very start and remember those pokemon. Also you are wrong about the third gen games stating that they did not had anything special to offer.

If I'm not wrong, pokemon R&S introduced the double battle system, the ability system, the berries and how you harvest them, pokeblocks, pokemon contests, the still unique and my favorite HM DIVE, the battle tower and frontier later on emerald, the rematch system with trainers and later with gym leaders (and many of these features weren't included in the remakes Firered & Leafgreen so they were still unique) and more; and hoenn is perhaps the region with the most diverse climate and land of all regions with deserts, plains, ocean, seafloor, beaches, caves,tall grass, lakes, forests and more (kanto and johto were pretty much alike). Ruby was the first pokemon game I played, so for me its like if you were saying that I started playing with the WORST game of Pokemon. With all your due respect and for the sake of other members too, I strongly suggest that you edit such post to make it less offensive or remove it. The point is, just because you dont like them, doesn't mean you have to write such thing or in such manners. I know I'm no moderator to give you warnings or say what is or not appropiate, but it surprises me that no moderator has said anything about this. Honestly I do find this offensive.

Ayselipera

Well a while ago I was taking an online quiz about naming the first 150 Pokemon. I actually did pretty well (I don't know if that's sad or not.) and only missed about 10 or so. After seeing which Pokemon I missed I noticed one of them was Porygon. After I thought about it for a while I realized that I had completely forgotten that it had ever existed.

I guess in some ways Porygon is quite memorable with the whole banned seizure episode it debuted in and that it was the highest priced Pokemon you could get the Game Corner. Even so it still slipped past my memory for a really long time. Making it probably the most forgettable Pokemon for me. Funny thing is though that I actually like it.

Kianna

blip blip
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2011
    Politoed, Politoed, Politoed, Politoed, and Deoxys are mine. x3

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Well I had quite a few of them, but I forgot them by time I read this thread. XD

Jk, and for one I would say Qwilfish. Every time I see it I can never remember what generation it's even from, and I don't think I've ever owned one. But speaking of owning and Qwilfish, I got about half of my team taken out by one of thems not too long ago in an online battle, so I probably won't be forgetting them anymore. >_<

Relicanth. It just seems useless, as I never hear anything about it.

The two evolutions of Clamperl. The first time I saw them was in the Battle Tower, and I had no idea what the heck they were. :S

Lastly, Chimeco, and for the same reasons as Relicanth.

Rapidash

Firefly Class.
    Years
    I'd actually never even heard of an Armaldo until I read this thread

And yeah, I've played each generation. A number of times...

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I think one of the most forgettable is unfortunately Hitmonlee, one of my favorites. Maybe Manectric, too.

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
    Uh, Armaldo definitely. When the poster a few posts above me mentioned it, I had to Google it just to get a mind refresher of what it was.

MiniM00se

Toad in a stroller
    Years
    Surskit, Sunkern, Doduo, Ledian, Spinarak, Huntail, Gorebyss, Mothim and Finneon.

Pretty much all of these except Finneon and Mothim are Pokemon that seem forgotten from other people's perspective. I don't forget them, but other people seem to.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    The Most Forgettable Pokemon

^ This guy.
    I was playing Pokémon Colosseum the other day when my friends were over and I was fighting Ein in the lab. He sends this thing out and I just stared blankly for a couple of minutes, asking myself what the hell I was looking at.

Back