• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Forgotten Pokémon

Years
  • In a contest that has been going on for over a month in the Trivia section, we have finally determined which pokémon is the most-forgotten. Dunsparce? Stantler? Hardly... What about Shroomish or Floatzel? Nope, not them either. In a rather surprising turn of events, we found out that Johto was the most-forgotten region, and that Granbull was the most-forgotten pokémon. You can view the original thread here, but this thread is being set up for comments and discussion. I am going to copy-paste all of the awards into this one.

Spoiler:

What do you think of those results?

Years
  • Arcanine? I'm not a fan of Arcanine, but I've seen a ton of people around that are. No way Arcanine is as forgotten as Venomoth (When will people finally use Venomoth, Venomoth is almost as godly as Magikarp), Ponyta or Tauros.

Granbull, I can understand that. Aipom would be close, probably. Stantler is too well-known for not being known.

Hariyama? Ok, Hariyama is pretty forgettable, but how can this thing be more forgettable than that clam and its evoltuions? I don't even know their names without looking them up. Another close candidate would in my opinion be Deoxys, I've never bothered to care about that thing before it popped up in a hack I was playing (and failed, of course) all the time.

Lumineon has its rightful place there.

The other categories...
    Jolteon? Over Glaceon? No.
    Togepi? I've had to see that damn thing way too often to forget it. Igglybuff or Munchlax, on the other hand...
    Kabutops? What the hell? Kabutops is, like, the last fossil I'd forget. That Roark headbutt thing belongs here instead.
    Remoraid? Remember that Finneon/Lumineon are caught that way as well.
    Houndoom? Torkoal or Magcargo, please.
    Again, Remoraid. How can you forget Remoraid that much, after all it evolves into a fire-breathing Octopus.
    Skiploom needs more love, go forget Tangrowth or something instead.
    Ice not Glalie? I wouldn't even know that thing's name if it wasn't in the Hoenn E4... Then again, that's probably the reason it's not on this list.
    Primeape is awesome, go forget Lucario instead. Please.
    Also, why is Delibird less known than Chatot? Screw Chatot.
    Hypno? Why not any of these tons of Sinnoh psychic legendaries?
    Haunter is like Kabutops, completely awesome. And then there's Shuppet, who I'd have expected to win this category.
    Forretress doesn't make sense as well. Not as long as there is Registeel.

So, I once again wrote a long post without any quality... Excellent.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    how is suicine the most forgotten legendarys surely that should be one of the regis or the lake trio or phione? and jolteon i dont understand at all it gets a lot of use flareon should have one that catagory

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Because people chose to nomitate the other Pokemon before Suicune or the other ones you mentioned in your post, mondays.

Arcanine? I'm not a fan of Arcanine, but I've seen a ton of people around that are. No way Arcanine is as forgotten as Venomoth (When will people finally use Venomoth, Venomoth is almost as godly as Magikarp), Ponyta or Tauros.

Granbull, I can understand that. Aipom would be close, probably. Stantler is too well-known for not being known.

Hariyama? Ok, Hariyama is pretty forgettable, but how can this thing be more forgettable than that clam and its evoltuions? I don't even know their names without looking them up. Another close candidate would in my opinion be Deoxys, I've never bothered to care about that thing before it popped up in a hack I was playing (and failed, of course) all the time.

Lumineon has its rightful place there.

The other categories...
    Jolteon? Over Glaceon? No.
    Togepi? I've had to see that damn thing way too often to forget it. Igglybuff or Munchlax, on the other hand...
    Kabutops? What the hell? Kabutops is, like, the last fossil I'd forget. That Roark headbutt thing belongs here instead.
    Remoraid? Remember that Finneon/Lumineon are caught that way as well.
    Houndoom? Torkoal or Magcargo, please.
    Again, Remoraid. How can you forget Remoraid that much, after all it evolves into a fire-breathing Octopus.
    Skiploom needs more love, go forget Tangrowth or something instead.
    Ice not Glalie? I wouldn't even know that thing's name if it wasn't in the Hoenn E4... Then again, that's probably the reason it's not on this list.
    Primeape is awesome, go forget Lucario instead. Please.
    Also, why is Delibird less known than Chatot? Screw Chatot.
    Hypno? Why not any of these tons of Sinnoh psychic legendaries?
    Haunter is like Kabutops, completely awesome. And then there's Shuppet, who I'd have expected to win this category.
    Forretress doesn't make sense as well. Not as long as there is Registeel.

So, I once again wrote a long post without any quality... Excellent.

Maybe you should have nominated them before the other Pokemon of the same type ;P

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    i think phione is the most forgotten legend. And everybody loves arcanine

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Jesus....Suicune is a major part of the Crystal/Hg/Ss plot! How can it be "forgotten". And Togepi eggs are available in 3 out of the 5 main Gen IV games!

Arcanine surprises me...I would've thought it would be Kabuto or something rare....

Years
  • The way this contest worked was that each post, everyone was allowed to name one Pokemon. They were allowed to look up the pokedex number after they thought of the Pokemon, but they weren't allowed to look up the pokedex number itself. The reason Arcanine and Suicune are on the list is simply because nobody thought to recommend them. I was quite surprised too.

Clamperl's evos, Huntail and Gorebyss, were among the last recommended for Hoenn, but we had a couple of Hoenn fans *cough*deku*cough* who wanted to make sure that none of the pokemon from Hoenn were forgotten.

And Remoraid is still the last pokemon that was caught on a rod to be recommended. It was one of the last pokemon named.

Personally, I thought from the beginning that the most-forgotten legendary would be one of the Regi trio, and that the most-forgotten pokemon would come from Hoenn, but that's why I did the contest. How can one predict which pokemon will be forgotten? In order to predict that, you need to remember them. :)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • WHAT IS FURRET DOING ON THAT LIST EXCUSE ME >:C And Forretress?! Why are my favorites on there okay excuse me brb crying now

Anyway, moving this to Pokemon General since it's not game specific.

These results kill me and I can no longer look at this thread.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    suicune had his own game, in his own color cartridge.

other than that one vent, i wont bother complaining. i didn't vote, so hey.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    O.O My GOSH! Quilfish is like, more forgotten then Granbull! Plus I don't agree with suicune being a most forgotten ledgendery, it's had its own game and everything... plus a movie ;)

Years
  • I think that we should do this again, to get clearer results, as one person nominating 100 Pokémon kinda throws off the vote. Anyways... View this:
    https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Granbull_(Pokémon)
    Scroll down to trivia, and read EPIC

All right, fess up! :) Who put that in there?

Also, I agree that one person nominating 99 pokemon threw things off a bit. If anyone wants to re-do the contest, feel free. I'll be a daily poster, but I don't think I want to mod it again. It took 2 straight hours just figuring out all the awards on that last day!!!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    All right, fess up! :) Who put that in there?

Also, I agree that one person nominating 99 pokemon threw things off a bit. If anyone wants to re-do the contest, feel free. I'll be a daily poster, but I don't think I want to mod it again. It took 2 straight hours just figuring out all the awards on that last day!!!

I also agree that what we did wasn't the best way to figure it out. Because when I started posting I just filled in the first one that I knew. Then I switched to hoenn only just like firewolf did sinnoh only. Either way the way we did it there was no positive way to figure it out.

Years
  • Well, I still think that Granbull was fairly arrived at. Especially since most people's reactions were "Granbull? Which one is that?" It's the other awards, like Arcanine and Suicune, which don't really make sense.

shininglatios217

Wayward Son
    Years
  • Now that I think about it, we should try again because some Pokémon aren't that forgotten like Arcanine, which is too common in tournaments, trades...

Back