• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Most Over-used IM text

What's the most over-used IM text?

• LOL (Laughing Out Loud) [includes ROFL, LMAO, etc]

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • OMG (Oh My God) [includes OMFG, etc]

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • IDK (I don't Know)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BFF (Best Friends Forever)

• FTW (For the Win)

• w00t! (Woot!)

• 1337 (Elite)

• Other (Please Speculate)

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
    Years
    Ugh, the use of "LOL" infuriates me. It's lost all meaning now, with people using it and its variants thereupon (i.e. ROFL, LMAO) for almost any purpose. People say "LOL" even if they're only mildly amused, if even that, and it just annoys me.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Ugh, the use of "LOL" infuriates me. It's lost all meaning now, with people using it and its variants thereupon (i.e. ROFL, LMAO) for almost any purpose. People say "LOL" even if they're only mildly amused, if even that, and it just annoys me.

I agree, but I do gotta say, that whenever I watch Arby N The Chief, I expect Master Chief to say "lolololollololololololololololol" at least once.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    "Lol" will always be the most used IM text...People say it even when they aren't really laughing, and use it more as a conversation filler. I know I use it way too much >.<

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I always see...

lol
    wtf
    nvm (I hate that one. D:<)
    idk
    omg (I always use that one XD)
    ilu/ily (best one <3)

I don't see the varients of lol much though, like rofl or whatever.

Years
    I'm afraid using "lol" for anything other than its actual definition has become more of a habit to people now, I know it is in my book. :/ In any case, the term is a supposed reaction to anything amusing, even a filler for conversation as Aurafire has already stated. But it would have still topped my list of most commonly used IM abbreviations; but thanks to further influence of the internet, "XD" is on an equal scale despite the fact that it's an ASCII glyph, I've seen it used a lot more often.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    LOL, XD, and IDK are the most over-used from what i've seen.

Apparently everyone uses lol even when, technically, there not laughing that loud.
    XD doesn't bug me, considering that I always it to be a better alternative to lol.
    And IDK is probably my least favorite one, it's like no one wants to spell words correctly just to save time.

Of course, this is all just based off of personal experiences, aswell as opinions.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
    Yeah, I was gonna put WTF and BRB, but I already had like 15 others, so I just put these 8 up. Maybe shouldve used theminsteat of 1337 and w00t

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I use XD in every post I make, I think.

I hate LOL. Really don't like it. And OMG... I use that one -shot-

I don't like these shortenings at all, really. Nuh-uh. TYPE OUT THE WORDS, FOLKS. kthxbai XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    lol and XD are the most common in my life. They're not annoying but very common. Like Rattata in that field where you are trying to find a Raticate. They're not annoying... just overused. Ironically, I abuse XD in many of my post so much, I could be a registered 1337 molester.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    "lol" is definitely the most overused IM text. People say it even if they weren't even laughing, but just read an amusing little line. Because not everything they "lol" to was actually laughable, the use of it heightens.

peirateis

This is what's left of us.
    Years
    Lol definitely, if that incluedes rofl and lmao. Rofl and lmao themselves must be in the top ten.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I use "lol" alot in a day,probably over fifty times a day in im's ha ha. Oh and real life I do also alot,this word is so continuously, I hear it everyday.

Back