• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most overrated Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I'd argue that Pikachu had lucky breaks throughout the first 2 series instead of being an Uber Pokémon. I guess that people think that Pikachu is Uber because some of Pikachu's most recognizable wins were more out of luck.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    I think they are ALL overrated, except for mewtwo.
    Mewtwo used to be the BEST. Back then in my neighborhood, If you had mewtwo, you were da boss.

Things that support me:
    1. C'mon, one time palying a pokemon game, you must have said at least once that Oooh Giratina (or palkia, or other any other legends) is so boss, then you get it and see that its not all boss and beast, that even the most loved and awesome pokemon are weak at times.

Top ten pokemon that are overrated:

10. Legendaries, and what I just said.

9.Infernape. Iv'e head alot of people say: "No, Infernape is the best! HE/She is a boss firey and fighting type monkey that kicks ur empoleon's metal butt!"
    Untrue. True, I do like Infernape, and is my second favorite sinnoh starter, but he is a bit overrated.

8. Snivy/Servine/Serperior. Sure in the ANIME, she is a sassy, and pretty awesome vine wielding snake, but in the game, he/she has a really bad movepool.

7. Lucario. Alot of people say Lucario is the best, or one of the best. I really like Lucario, and one of the reasons it is loved so much, because it can learn so many types of moves. Now my lucario, Jack (get it?) has lost quite a few times before. He can lose easily to psychic, fire types.

6. Ash's Pikachu. Ash's pikachu is REALLY weird. It has beaten huge pokemon, like Ursaring, and Brock's Onix, which it would probably on the verge of being level 456, but it can't beat a level 5 snivy! Even without it's electric attacks, it should of been able to beat it! Anyways, Ash's Pikachu was thought to be impossible to beat, yet in S/G/C or HG/SS, he is in the late 80's in level, (by the time ash gets to johto, he should be that level) Gold/Crystal/Ethan/Lyra beats it.

5.Salamence/Dragonite. I have a Salamence named Raptor, and he is one of my best pokemon in platinum. I have a Dragonite in my Soulsilver, and he proves well too.
    They may prove well, but they are both very, very weak to ice, rock, electric, and dragon types. Rock and electric are quite common.

4. Gallade. Yeah, it's fighting and psychic type, great. That only takes away dark, and psychic type disadvantages away. What do they leave? Oh, only, Ghost, flying, bug types to be super effective. Yet, it's said to be one of the best pokemon.

3. Totodile/Croconaw/Feraligatr. There must have been one time in your life that you at least thought they were pretty good. They do get ice fang, which is quite useful, and it's the first alligator/crocodile pokemon, which may intrigue some.

2.Cyndaquil/Quilava/Typhlosion. I always did like quilava, alot more then cyndaquil and typhlosion. Anyways, I once did a poll on favorite starters (kanto-sinnoh) and cyndaquil family won second. Now let's talk about it's movepool. Horrible. It only learns some good fire moves, swift, and defense curl, and, that's the great movepool for typlohsion/quilava/cyndaquil.

1.MUDKIP. Who won second in my poll? This little guy. Sure he/she's cute, and learns some ground and water moves, but really, he/she is very much overrated.
    How many "I herd u liek mudkipz" jokes do you think I have heard? THOUSANDS.
    And that's the award for THE MOST OVERRATED POKEMON.

Thank you for your time.

Danny Leo

The Best There Is!
    Years
    I've never seen what the big deal was with the Cyndaquil "family". I mean, there are better AND cooler looking fire starters out there. Blaziken will always have a place in my heart.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back