• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most powerful six? (which Pokemons would make the most powerful team?)

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2013
    If all Pokemons where available, I mean EVERYONE (from red / blue / green / yellow, gold / silver / crystal, ruby / sapphire / emerald, pearl / diamond / platinum)

What would make the most powerful and best team?
    --------------------------------------------

Well, I've gotten a bit out-of-date lately, haven't really gotten into the new pearl / diamond generation, not really much into the ruby / sapphire generation either, so my best pick would be:

Lugia, Ho-oh, Mewtwo, Suicune, Celebi and Mew!

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    There's no such thing as the most powerful team, as every Pokemon is weaker to something and stronger against something. The "best" team would be 6 Arceus with different Plates, but that's cheating, eh?

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Well, the Pokemon with the highest base stats is Arceus, so 6 Arceus' holding different plates (Like what . said)? Honestly, there are no 'most powerful' Pokemon. All Pokemon have at least 1 weakness (except Sableye and Spiritomb, but they dont evolve and their stats aren't perfect...:\) Anyway, their is no perfect tam :\

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Think about it: If there was a most powerful team, wouldn't we all be using it?

The "best" team would be 6 Arceus with different Plates

Not true, as arceus only wins on stat total, which isn't relevant since not all stats come into play at once. Arceus is a jack of all trades, a master of none- Deoxys outsweeps, Lugia outwalls and so on.

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
    This is basically all on opinion of other people, Legendaries won't get you far especially since the first team mentioned (yes you Ramguy) can pretty much be taken down by a good dark pokemon, in fact maybe two good dark pokemon and Mew, Mewtwo, Celebi, And Lugia are down for the count. Then you're left with fire and water, and the other person will likely have only had to use two dark pokemon to send most of your team to oblivion. A great team isn't a team stuffed full of legendaries, if there is a great team out there, it's with pokemon with contradicting excellent stats, excellent move pools and the right hold item as well.

Deoxys is good... but in attack form it's defense is absolutely worthless. Speed form is probably a good form and could probably give many pokemon a run for their money as psychic pokemon can learn many moves and have excellent special attack.

salmence33

I'm out here
    Years
    • He/him
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    I think it would be a team of 3 sableye and 3 spiritomb since they are weak against nothing

Years
    Actually, Pokemon with the ability Scrappy (Miltank and Kangaskhan) that use a Fighting type move can get a super effective on those two. Using odor Sleuth and Foresight will make Fighting type moves super effective as well. So they are weak against something. Also, Spiritomb's a Pokemon based around a bulky defense, and Sableye's stats are just lol.

Simply putting 6 ubers legendaries on a team doesn't automatically make it good. Actually, since legendaries can't breed and receive egg moves, that limits their already limited moveset to what they can learn by TM, leveling up, and move tutor. Also, most of them are Psychic type or pre-4th gen special so that limits their typing. Therefore, t would highly be unlikely that the most powerful team would just be comprised of them.

Ziraider

ಠ_ಠ Get Down with the Pokemon.
    Years
    there is no best pokemon they all have there own effects and strong points with weaknesses so really there are none.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Not true, as arceus only wins on stat total, which isn't relevant since not all stats come into play at once. Arceus is a jack of all trades, a master of none- Deoxys outsweeps, Lugia outwalls and so on.

No, Arceus is the best Pokemon. It has the most balance, can take a beating (it's damn Bulky, one of THE bulkiest Pokemon). If you made a team of 6 Arceus, you could vary them without having to use a sweeper that lacks in a certain stat (Deoxys-A for example).

Deoxys isn't that great of a sweeper also. Sure it has got massive Attacks, but its lack of STAB means things like Latias (special versions only) can take them decently. Low HP and Def means any priority will absolutely end it. Lugia is a great wall, true, but common weaknesses and Stealth Rock weakness hinders it massively.

Also, the strongest Pokemon in the game is probably Choice Specs Kyogre. Just throwing that out there.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    Any Pokémon? (Not Pokemons, that's not the correct term). Hmmm. . Six Yamirami (Sableye) hacked with Wonder Guard. =P

Years
    What about Darkrai and its Dark Void + Nasty Plot combo? That seems pretty potent to me. Mix it with the event Spacial Rend and you'd probably get O_o... Then again, there are things like Mach Punch, Vacuum Wave, and Arceus's Extremespeed...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    No, Arceus is the best Pokemon. It has the most balance, can take a beating (it's damn Bulky, one of THE bulkiest Pokemon). If you made a team of 6 Arceus, you could vary them without having to use a sweeper that lacks in a certain stat (Deoxys-A for example).

What you are describing here is a versatile pokemon, which is not the same as being the best. I agree arceus can be a special sweeper or a physical wall, but I'd rather have a mewtwo sweeping and a giratina walling. I'm not going to dispute that arceus can do almost any job, but I challenge you to find a single job that it does better than any other uber.

Walrein

Banned
    Years
    A team literally needs to be a team, not just six Pokemon thrown together in a mash-making a good team is much more than using high-stat Pokemon. I agree with ./Vance on Kyogre beeing the hartest-hitter avilable; but even Kyogre can be messes-up by Lanturn, who can Thunder to ParaHax, and Abomasnow, who will nullify Drizzle and strike with Wood Hammer or Grass Knot; both aren't even OU!
    salmence33 said:
    I think it would be a team of 3 sableye and 3 spiritomb since they are weak against nothing
    ShinjisLover said:
    Any Pokémon? (Not Pokemons, that's not the correct term). Hmmm. . Six Yamirami (Sableye) hacked with Wonder Guard. =P
    Ghost/Dark? THE most overrated typing possible?
    I have to quote Rikari/Deviruchi about this issue:
    Deviruchi said:
    The best defensive typing is definatly not Ghost/Dark. While this combo lacks any weaknesses, it fails to boos any important resistances. The best defensive typing would be either Ghost/Dragon or Ghost/Steel.
    Do me a favor! Poison resistance? That's the best typing? Besides, Sableye has crappy stats, not not mention a team of six Ghost/Dark craps will easily become a setup fodder for ANY CM+Sub abuser meant to counter Bliss, as well as any other special-based sweeper that can set up with Milotix/RestTalk support to activate sleep clause.

Last edited:

Lightey

The Night Owl
    Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    Garintina
    Typlosion (YES)
    Feraligatr
    Megimanum
    Darkrai
    Azelf
    (My dream team)

Jojo-

Grass Type Lover. ~
    Years
    In my opinion, there is no perfect team. A perfect team would consist of six Pokémon with high IVs, EVs, great moveset and a good Nature and item choice.

P.S. Cloyster rocks. :classic:

Back