• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most satisfying feeling

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    What (non-sexual related) feeling is the most satisfying for you?

Examples include, putting clothes on that are still warm from the dryer during the Winter, the cold side of the pillow, first sleep in fresh sheets. As you can tell, I enjoy comfortable things. How about you?

Sir Codin

Well, okay, I always get giddy whenever I get some new video game or whatnot and it turns out to be amazing.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Assembly makes me feel really complete. I love snapping things together - purposefully of course. After planning a build for months, throwing the cash at it, and getting the parts shipped, snapping in RAM modules and case parts is incredibly enjoyable. It's all that anticipation, I'm sure.

File reorganization on my computer is also fun, albeit tedious. I've cycled through so many naming schemes over the years, from 8.3 to UNIX. It's great having your things uniform. This can also have to do with other sorts of directory organization, like source code or map listings. I hate it when two schemes get mixed >_<

Burning a new candle is always a lot of fun, especially if it's scented. I miss burning candles in the fire, too. All of our cheap candles went into the fire pit and were melted for fuel.

One of my favourite things to do alone was wrap two thin white blankets around my bare body and lounge at home, completely foregoing conventional clothes for the day. After a point I figured out how to get them to hang freely and it was the most comfortable thing. It would bring out a lot of confidence and pride in me, which was nice.

Years
  • I love the smell of brand new electronics. Virgin printed circuit boards emanating factory scents. Unsheathing it from the static-free bag and taking a whiff, mmm it's intoxicating.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    sniffing old books is the most satisfying feeling ever

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • No sexual stuff? Awwwww....
    Literally my first thought lol but anyway...

The smell of a new book, finishing classes for the day, having massive amounts of alone time (I love alone time anyway but when I get a full day it feels amazing), getting a new album/game in the mail, rubbing a (preferably clean) dog's belly, when you just change the sheets on your bed and sleep on them those first few nights, curling up in bed after a long day reading a great novel, learning something new everyday about animal behaviour.

Years
  • Seeing a shiny grass patch in Pokemon Platinum has to be one of the most awesome feelings in the world. It actually makes me wanna say "oh yeah" out loud lmao.

Winning an argument.

Seeing you have passed an exam you already gave up on.

Drinking water when you are extremely thirsty.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    • Burning things.
    • Cooking my fave foods.
    • Rediscovering fave songs I've forgotten about.
    • Actually completing my tasks. - This is really big for a procrastinator like myself.
    • Getting what I want.

etc.

Years
  • The most satisfying feeling comes from doing any sort of task, and finding out that the end result a far better than what you expected it to be. Like cooking something, and having it taste ridiculously delicious, or when I'm creating a story with my Fiance and it goes so amazingly awesome.

Going beyond your own personal expectations provides more satisfaction than anything else, I think.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm a sucker for proving someone wrong.
    I also love having a work shift where I've made no mistakes.
    Also a fan of driving somewhere without hitting any red lights.

Years
  • Cuddling my dog, especially when I don't feel very well.
    The smell of books.
    Whenever something I do turns out better than expected.
    Scoring a crit when playing D&D.
    Rediscovering music or movies I loved.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    well there goes my response

like a true fat ass, eating gives me the greatest of pleasure

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • - I enjoy really good food

- Collapsing in bed when you're absolutely, joint-achingly, exhausted.

- I'm unable to experience this much anymore unless I'm doing some certification for my career, but... that immense relief when you've wrapped up all your exams for a season. Even if you know you didn't do as well as you would have hoped, you're like "I'm free!!!"

- Ummm.... respect? Not sure that's the right word. But like throughout this past year I've received a fair amount of thanks from co-workers and friends on various things. And it feels pretty nice lol Respected, trustworthy, admiration type feeling

- Inverse of that as well, I enjoy helping others even without the appreciation. I just like the "ooooooh, I can do this!" rush I get.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • When you finish all your nachos. It's kind of bittersweet, too. While you're happy you have devoured every scrumptious morsel of the nachos and savored your money's worth, you're sad because...they are gone.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • WHEN I HAVE S.....oh... not sexual related... :C

When you're reaally reaaally reaaaaally thirsty, you haven't drink for a very long while and you finally drink an ice cold soft drink.

Years
  • hmmmm greatest feeling (that doesnt involve my right hand)....for me it's when i get to just lay down in my bed, cuddle with my dog and just watch an old school spongebob episode (christmas episode earns double comfort points). either that or biting into a nice and delicious horrible-for-you bacon cheeseburger.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    It's a strange one, but I enjoy the moment when I sneeze after it's been building up in my nose for a while.

At work, I always feel great whenever a piece of technology works for me after it gives issues to my coworkers. I have to force myself to keep a neutral expression instead of grinning to myself in front of them.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This is really obscure, but smoothing out those fleece blankets making the darker parts all light again. It works on some couches too. someone pls tell me they do this

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    - Taking a dump (that isn't constipation or diarrhea).
    - Taking a piss after holding it for awhile.
    - Eating when hungry.
    - Laying in bed after a long day.
    - Drinking a nice glass of water after being really thirsty.
    - Finishing the semester with passing grades.
    - Taking a hot shower.
    - Kissing a girl (which isn't sexual).
    - Landing a long combo in a fighting game.

Back