• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most sickening type combination is......

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
Years
  • According to me the most sickening type combination is the Rock/Steel combo ( Bastiodon , Aggron , Probopass ) . I mean look at those mean 4x weaknesses to fighting and ground types . Also the Bug/Grass combo ( Leavanny) is also not something to be proud of considering the 4x weaknesses to fire and flying .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, since there's nothing directly covering the worst type combinations in Pokemon Gaming Central, moving this thread there, since the 4x weakness and such applies mostly to games anyway.

Moved.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Rock/ground [Water + Grass 4x]
    Water/Flying [Electric 4x]
    Rock/Steel [Fighting 4x]
    Bug/Grass [Fire + Flying 4x]
    Ice/dark [Fighting 4x]
    Ice/Grass [Fire 4x]
    Dragon/Flying [Ice 4x]

And a few more...

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    as much as i love Magcargo's design, Rock/Fire is a horrible typing as well :/

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • How are they sickening...I do not get it...I guess Abomasnow's type is pretty weak but it really depends what kind of team you are going against and your stats, now doesn't it?

Althea

[For Sale]
    Years
  • Steel/Fighting is the worst one - nine resistances, complete immunity to poison, and three measly 2x weaknesses. If that isn't sickeningly broken, I don't know what is.
    Ghost/Dark as well, because the damn things have no weaknesses at all.

Roughneck Tom

The dawn of a new champion....
    Years
  • Rock/ground [Water + Grass 4x]
    Water/Flying [Electric 4x]
    Rock/Steel [Fighting 4x]
    Bug/Grass [Fire + Flying 4x]
    Ice/dark [Fighting 4x]
    Ice/Grass [Fire 4x]
    Dragon/Flying [Ice 4x]

And a few more...

can't agree more . These types are really vulnerable to a huge variety of attacks

How are they sickening...I do not get it...I guess Abomasnow's type is pretty weak but it really depends what kind of team you are going against and your stats, now doesn't it?

I am calling them sickening because of their huge variety of weaknesses . For example , apart from 4x weaknesses to fighting and ground , Bastiodon is also weak to water also . This huge variety of weaknesses gives it a disadvantage to use them in game

Last edited:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Steel/Fighting is the worst one - nine resistances, complete immunity to poison, and three measly 2x weaknesses. If that isn't sickeningly broken, I don't know what is.

Reminds me of Steel/Dragon (Dialga)
    Two 2x weaknesses
    11 resistances
    Poison immunity

Wether it's broken or not depends on the pokémon's stats.

Smitty.

Forget who you were.
    Years
  • Rock/Dark is always disheartening, especially when given to a kicka** Pokémon like Tyranitar...

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
  • I am calling them sickening because of their huge variety of weaknesses . For example , apart from 4x weaknesses to fighting and ground , Bastiodon is also weak to water also . This huge variety of weaknesses gives it a disadvantage to use them in game

Ah okay, I understand a bit better. Sorry, sometimes I need a bit more extre clarification.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • All three fully evolved Rock/Steel types can learn Iron Defense, all three have high base Defense stats (Aggron: 180, Bastiodon: 168, Probopass: 145), the latter two mentioned in the parentheses have high Sp. Def., and the two types that deal 4x damage are mostly offensive. In Emerald my Aggron took an Earthquake from a Slaking while at +2 Defense and didn't even lose half its HP. It may be a bad combo, but it has yet to be given to a highly offensive Pokemon.

Grass/Psychic and Grass/Ice, on the other hand, have seven weaknesses, one of those seven on each other's part being a 4x weakness (Bug for Grass/Psychic and Fire for Grass/Ice). However, Celebi has decent Defense and Sp. Def. and both it and the Egg line (Exeggcute and Exeggcutor) have more resistances than Grass/Ice, so they're better off than Snover and Abomasnow.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Water/Flying is horrid and ruins the potential of Pokemon like Gyarados and Mantine.
    Rock/Ground and Rock/Fire are also very bad type combos because of all those vulnerabilities.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Steel/Fighting is the worst one - nine resistances, complete immunity to poison, and three measly 2x weaknesses. If that isn't sickeningly broken, I don't know what is.
    This typing is actually good defensively; this is why Lucario and Cobalion can easily switch in to battle.

Also, and this is on the aesthetic side, but I think Electric/Ground is a disgrace on a fish-based Pokemon, Stunfisk.

Years
  • Grass/Psychic and Grass/Ice are the worst type combinations EVER. No wonder I only use Exeggutor and Abomasnow for Pokedex filling only.

Years
  • I really hate the Poison/Bug typing, while it resists some common attacking types, it's so boring and trite, not only that it takes two of the worst types and put them together, I don't know of one Poison/Bug type that I'm fond of. In terms of weakness to attacks, Ice/Bug or Normal is worse, I'm grouping Normal in here because it lacks any resistances and ghost isn't a great choice to be immune to.

Althea said:
    Steel/Fighting is the worst one - nine resistances, complete immunity to poison, and three measly 2x weaknesses. If that isn't sickeningly broken, I don't know what is.

Even so, the Steel/Fighting type's 3 "measly' weaknesses are to the 3 most common attack types in the metagame, although it is a nice defensive typing, I don't find it to be sickeningly broken.

moonlightning

Bird Of Thunder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2019
    Ground and electric. *shudder**

If it wasn't for the whole type combination thing I would have gone pure ice as the worst because even though I love you pure ice type, you're weak to almost anything and resist almost nothing.

Years
  • Dialga's type, Steel/Psychic, certainly is unusual with all those weaknesses and resistances. I never thought about it before since I have Pearl and have never used the Dialga I got off the GTS, but what was Game Freak thinking?

Back