• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most sickening type combination is......

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
  • Dialga's type, Steel/Psychic, certainly is unusual with all those weaknesses and resistances. I never thought about it before since I have Pearl and have never used the Dialga I got off the GTS, but what was Game Freak thinking?

Huh? Steel/Psychic doesn't have a load of Weaknesses, it has Ground/Fire. Bronzor and Bronzong are currently the only Pokemon to get this typing iirc. With Levitate they become immune to ground attacks and with Heatproof they gain a resistance to fire. Dialga's typing is Dragon/Steel, giving it weakness to Fighting and Ground.

I'd say Psychic/Grass is a horrible typing, both of which are awful defensively, having weaknesses to; Fire/Ice/Flying/Bug x4/Poison/Dark/Ghost Celebi, Exeggutor and it's prevo only have this typing; thank god.

Water/Ground is a pretty sick typing only having 1 weakness to grass, too bad it's 4x

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The most sickening type combination I can think of is Fire/Water. The two are diametrically opposed elements! You just can't have a single creature that embodies both types.

And don't mention boiling water or steam or feeble things like that, either. Fire types deal with actual flames, not just high temperatures., and we all know what happens when a flame meets water.

The same goes for Fire/Grass, only slightly less so. I still don't want to see any of those, though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

• Huh? Steel/Psychic doesn't have a load of Weaknesses, it has Ground/Fire. Bronzor and Bronzong are currently the only Pokemon to get this typing iirc. With Levitate they become immune to ground attacks and with Heatproof they gain a resistance to fire. Dialga's typing is Dragon/Steel, giving it weakness to Fighting and Ground.

I'd say Psychic/Grass is a horrible typing, both of which are awful defensively, having weaknesses to; Fire/Ice/Flying/Bug x4/Poison/Dark/Ghost Celebi, Exeggutor and it's prevo only have this typing; thank god.

Water/Ground is a pretty sick typing only having 1 weakness to grass, too bad it's 4x
    You forgot about Beldum, Metang, Metagross and Jirachi having this type combo too.

I also can't help but think that Kyurem's Dragon/Ice typing is rather terrible because its STABS have redudnant coverage while it gives Kyurem a common weakness to Fighting and Dragon moves (and a somewhat uncommon weakness in Steel).

PL50

I hate legendaries
    Years
  • not sure which one i find more sickening...i hate ghost and dark though....CYNTHIA WITH THAT DARN SPIRITOMB D:

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    even though i love Tyranitar as a pokemon i hate its type rock/dark has as many strengths as it has weaknesses.i wish it was ground/dark instead

Dialga's type, Steel/Psychic, certainly is unusual with all those weaknesses and resistances. I never thought about it before since I have Pearl and have never used the Dialga I got off the GTS, but what was Game Freak thinking?
    huh?Dialga only has weaknesses to ground and fighting.the Dragon/steel combo makes Dialga one of the best defensive types overall with resistance to normal,flying,rock,bug,ghost,steel,water,(1/4)grass,electrice,dark,psychic. Poison doesnt effect it at all and its only effected normally by dragon,steel and ice.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Rock/Ground is probably the worst imo. I laugh when I battle Graveler and Onix and stuff like that. But now that Sturdy got an upgrade, they laugh at me, haha. Other combos I don't like, uhhh...not particularly fond of Rock/Steel like the OP. It just always seemed weird to me.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • When I think of "sickest" I think of wicked cool, and my opinion on the sickest combo type would have to be Sableye's and Spiritomb's types which are Dark/Ghost......can I say no weaknesses? Yeah!

:t354:TG

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • Charizard's x4 rock weakness comes to mind. It has a really neat design, and is one of the original starters, but having such a gaping hole of a weakness for such a major mon is disappointing. Although what upsets me the most is this pretty much makes Charizard unreliable to play on a competitive level due to dreaded stealth rocks.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years
  • Fire & Water, how weird would that be!
    Actually if it's some kind of steam pokemon, it wouldn't be THAT weird.
    Fire/Grass. Now that'd be sort of.... contrasting.

I also really wished Charizard to change to Fire/Dragon type... that'll probably never happen now :(

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Bug/Grass types sicken me. Especially Parasect with the Dry Skin ability. I mean 4x weakness to fire and flying, and with that ability...! I don't even want to utter another word.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2011
    How are they sickening...I do not get it...I guess Abomasnow's type is pretty weak but it really depends what kind of team you are going against and your stats, now doesn't it?

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    Rock/Fire and Rock/Steel
    I hate both of them. The only pokemon ive ever used in those types is the Aron family

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    As much as I love them, the most irritating typing combos to me are Fire/Rock and Ice/Grass - Ice is my favourite type, but darn, pair it with almost anything and it goes to hell :p It'd be really cool to use Magcargo one day, but even when I tried using 'em back in Crystal and Sapphire it was shakey.

Personally I think a bug/ice pairing would look totally rad.

Edit - Gotta watch my language sometimes D:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • I always thought Grass/Psychic sucked because of all those weaknesses.

First of all, Grass is very vulnerable.
    Second, Psychic brings mainly new weaknesses.

So yeah, Grass/Psychic sucks.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2013
    I find Fire/Ground to be pretty bad because of its 4x weakness to Water, a common type, and inability to hit Flying types with Ground attacks. Though they are immune to Electric which helps. I don't find Rock/Steel to be that bad because of its plethora of resistances, immunity of Poison and I always have a Water type and one that knows Fly to switch out in case of its weaknesses.

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2020
    "Sickening" is defined a lot of different ways in here, but the ones that I am sick of an never want to see again...

Rock/Ground (this sucks and is uncreative, might as well be rock/rock)
    Dragon/Flying (or basically dragon 4x weak to ice)

and then theres...
    Fire/Fighting

Stop it. Stop making the fire starter become Fire/Fighting. Its not a bad combo. It's just overdone. Blaziken, Infernape, and Emboar? Why? More fire starters become fire than don't... lame

Back