• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The most unused and unkown pokemon

Ahegil

The Breeder Chick
    Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    what is the pokemon that you see the least or you think is WAY under used?
    i think that chimeicho and sunkern/sunflora are some of the pokemon you never see anyone use samething with delibird and nosepass

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Unown, because it is unown. XD

Um..I can't seem to think of any others, maybe Shuckle too. Actually, whichever Pokemon are not cute or strong arent used enough.

Poké King

A Mixed Bag...
    Years
    • MD
    • Seen Apr 25, 2007
    I guess it matters your definition of being unused, do you mean which Pokémon is unused in the aspect of never being caught at all usually or do you mean once caught not used for whatever reason or once caught is it only used enough to evolve it into what we want making it used very briefly in its caught state.

For the first reason, I will capture all Pokémon so that never apply to me though to others its hard to say because we all have our preferences but I think there are those Pokémon we all hate like Magikarp because of the difficulty in raising it which probably makes it unused a lot or caught then thrown in Day Care until it gets to just before becoming Gyarados. In which case Magikarp be thrown in the third reason.

For the second reason I say Shuckle, Unown and a few others that I rarely use and just train to train.

For the third reason, I think a ton of Pokémon fall here. There's Wurmple, Caterpie, Magikarp as I said before, Cascoon, Metapod and the list really can go on for awhile because these Pokémon if we do actually bother to capture them we just do so to level them up to make them into the actual Pokémon we want. And though that could be said for any Pokémon who evolve I think with them its much more of the kind of situation where we don't care about them at all and just care about getting them to evolve to what we want where as other Pokémon who evolve we still like them well enough that we may miss them when they evolve.

Though I will say I will miss my Caterpie when it becomes Metapod because its just so cute, I mean how could you not miss such a cutie. :P

Last edited:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I hardly use any Pokemon that needs to evolve by the stones... because its too much bother sometimes. So that rules out a huge number of Pokemon. Example: like Raichu, I prefer using Pikachu. Also pre-evos/baby pokemon... I never use them.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Actually, most of the unused Pokemon are from GSC for some reason.
    Like Remoraid and Mantine, etc.
    While some are just plain useless.

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    Wobbuffet.

Sorry, but I just don't find that Pokémon very useful. But maybe just mostly single evo Pokémon.

I dont think i could agree with you more. Single evo's are not that good for me either although some of them do proove themselves to be very hard to beat such as snorlax and lapras. As for wobbuffet i totally agree with you and i think the reason being is because of team rocket as they have prooved to us how useless this pokemon can be.

~Kipper~

Toadsworth

I'm bored..... Blerk...
    Years
    I don't thinhk Wobbufet is unuseful, but I think Uknown has a good chance. Or the pre-evo of jigglypuff, or the pre evo of marill ;)

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
    Unown.. HAHA
    Well the baby Pokemon, Ditto, Smeargle might have a chance..
    Well I don't know..

Professor Pine

Pokemon Professor
    Years
    Actually, most of the unused Pokemon are from GSC for some reason.
    Like Remoraid and Mantine, etc.
    While some are just plain useless.

The unused ones may be from Johto because now their hard to get on the advanged game, they are just too spread out as extras. another reason why they should make a GSC remake.

Years
    I would say Shuckle. I know there was an episode about one before, but other then that they never really use it. It's never really that available in the games and all that other stuff as well.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    There are truly too many underused Pokemon to name, in my opinion (and from personal experience of not using Pokemon), but dividing them into a few groups...

Starters: Almost all grass starters are underused (perhaps with the exception of Treecko). Everyone I know goes for the Charmander or Totodile, leaving no love for the poor Bulbasaur (though playing through G/S/C, I just get Chikorita for the low level Razor Leaf to breed to other grass types XD).

Single evolutions: Almost all of them, I don't know many Pokemon (besides legendaries and odd-balls like Wobbufett) that don't evolve that are commonly used. Mostly due to the wide variety of moves and strength that comes with a fully evolved brute, not to mention a feeling of progression and development as your Pokemon grow in the game.

Types: General types I see almost no one use is Fighting and Poison (and when used, mostly for their other type and not for one of those two). During the game course, they usually aren't seen as necessary staples on a team to progress (their type advantages shared by other types that don't share the Psychic weakness). Also, pure flying types are never used. XD

Legendaries: Articuno, in my opinion, is the least used legendary, excluding those only gotten from Nintendo events, for obvious reasons. I'm not sure why exactly, but I do remember everyone flocking to Zapdos in RBY days (unintended pun).

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
    I actually use the unown, I think there cool. But that is a hard question to answer, but I would have to go with.......................Dunsparce.

SnowPhoenix

Dragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2008
    I rarely see teams with Grimer or Muk, and I don't see many Psyduck either. I think the TV shows have turned people off of those ones.

Back