• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Motivation to Finish

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    Several times I have work to do studies and other challenges in pokemon I go back and hit start and I got an old game on there. I rather go on a zuzlocke or something like the red paper clip challenge instead of play through the story again although I like to go back and challenge myself with the old games

Yeah, the general storyline dosen't vary much from game to game and bores after a while, especially if you've finished playing a game recently, it's very noticable in the next. The main reason why Challenges were created so was that one could have fun with the older games while still appreciating them, thus not sapping away from the game's replayability, although even Challenges will bore after a while - everything's just a matter of time. :)

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
    I have never had this happen to me. I always get the game on release since I started in 1998 and I finish it in the first week.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
    I have never had this happen to me. I always get the game on release since I started in 1998 and I finish it in the first week.

Yeah, I usually have no problem with the motivation to finish the first time around, it's usually the second or third time, when you've experienced everything and the storyline gets predictable - that's where I start to leave games halfway and hanging there, and almost never get back to them.

Back