• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Mysterious Misty Video

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
Years
  • I was recently surfing on Youtube and I happened to come across a video I saw on there quite a long while ago. I've checked through the threads and I haven't seen anything else on this, so I thought I'd give it a shot and create a thread for it. If one has been made for this current subject in the past then I apologize for the repeat.

In the video it shows Misty, the woman from the pier in the First Movie and a little pink-haired girl, I have no idea who she is. I know this was an actual trailer for the very first Pokemon movie, but I am unable to figure out why Misty is grown-up. Not to mention she looks really pretty too! But anyways what do you all think? I've heard people on Youtube say that this trailer is foretelling something after everything has settled down and Ash has become Pokemon Master. I have no idea if that is really something the producers said or if it was just made up, but seeing as I came across it I thought I'd make a thread for it.

So guys what do you all think? the trailer is in Japanese and since I don't understand the language I'm unable to translate it. xD Personally I find this trailer quite interesting, and it would be awesome if we ever got a chance to see what it was all about, I can't help but wonder if that Pikachu is Ash's Pikachu or not, BUT enough chit chat what do you all have to say hm? ^^

Here's the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b70GRNYnacI

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Well according to the description, it was a trailer for Mewtwo Strikes Back circa 1998. I don't really get how that has anything to do with film other than a brief showing of what I am assuming is the Japanese title due to the little Mewtwo Strikes Back at the bottom and the random appearance of the woman from the Old Shore Wharf who was warning the trainers about the storm around New Island.
    All in all a strange video, it would be nice to see a subbed one so we know what's going on, but nice find.

Years
  • Yeah I noticed in its description thats what it was for, that it had to do with the first Pokemon movie. But its strange that it shows Misty all grown up, and with the shots of Ash and Co I always wondered and guessed that maybe the three girls were actually talking about him, and I figured the Pikachu was Ash's as well. But we may never know what its really all about, Japan has always had habits of showing footage that never appears in their Pokemon movies. So yes its a mystery indeed. A subbed one would be awesome! but I don't think there is one, so we'll just have to wait and see I suppose if its going to mean anything later on.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
    Years
  • Hmmmmm, that was interesting. If it was an ad for the movie Mewtwo Strikes Back, it wasn't shown until 2008, and quite a bit of it had nothing to do with the movie itself, but a new look Misty sitting on grass with other random girls. Hmmm I wonder what country that trailer was produced from.

LDUK

Pokémon Master
    Years
  • Has anybody seen "The First Movie special". It's a movie that happens right after the movie. I haven't seen it but I thought maybe some of the clips are from that.?

Years
  • Yeah tell me about it, its interesting and very mysterious in my opinion. Its too bad that not much else has really been said about it, and yeah I've heard about the First Movie Special. Can't say I've ever seen it though, I may have to do a bit of researching and if I find something then I'll be happy to share it. :3 But a lot of people have been saying that apparently it was foretelling something for later on down the track. I really can't be certain if thats the truth though.

Years
  • According to the description on Youtube, the song is one of the Original Japanese ending themes called "Pocketto ni Fantajii (Fantasy in a Pocket)" I hope that helps ^^, although I really don't know who sings the song I'm afraid, just its title.

Also I just dug up a small amount of English translation for this song. Someone on Youtube was nice enough to post this in a comment on the video. ^^

Some Translation:
    "If I become a child once more
    What do want to do?
    There is a person I would like to meet
    E~ Who could that be?
    I wonder Can't I meet this person even for one day
    A! That must be your first love!
    Of course!
    I wanted to give the handmade present
    That has been in my pocket back then
    I always got nervous and blushed
    You weren't able to give the gift?"

Its rather interesting actually. ^^

Last edited:
    Years
  • I think it's more of some weird brainstorm.

If you look at the trailer for the pokemon movies you'll always see a clip or two that never really happens in the movie or such, as it got changed later.
    (Such early ones for the Shaymin movie, Ash gets pulled into the world by himself. Brock and Dawn AND A BOAT get pulled later.)
    Sorta says that on the video...

It's something interesting that got scrapped I say, or they sorta fluffed something together to they could release a trailer. Though to me Misty doesn't look older, it's just her hair is down.
    Also I've never heard of and I'm pretty skeptical of this "First Movie Special", which I think is probably non-existent.

dannichols

A Theodore Tugboat Fan
    Years
  • You know, I did see that video for a while. I was wondering where it belonged. I've never found the answer, but I thought it might have something to do with the future. Though I recognized the female harbor manager.

Years
  • Yeah, its a complete mystery. A lot of people have guessed that it could have something to do with the future, but whether it'll be something they stick with. I have no idea, I mean Pokemon could go on forever. But we'll all just have to wait and see. You just never know. ^^ But I'm still wondering why the Harbor Manager is there, its pretty obvious that it is her. As for the little girl, she does look a bit like a child Nurse Joy. But who knows xD, its just a mystery.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
  • Oh my, how very odd!
    I do wonder who that little girl is, and of course what the whole skipping around thing was... I've never seen this before. Nice find, my dear!
    If that is Ash's Pikachu, where is Ash? It's all terribly confusing. I wish I could speak Japanese =_=

xX

Years
  • Oh my, how very odd!
    I do wonder who that little girl is, and of course what the whole skipping around thing was... I've never seen this before. Nice find, my dear!
    If that is Ash's Pikachu, where is Ash? It's all terribly confusing. I wish I could speak Japanese =_=

xX

Yes its very odd, the little girl is a complete mystery. I've been wondering if maybe if its possible that shes Ash and Misty's daughter, since I know that not all children in Animes always have the same hair colour as their parents. But I could be entirely wrong, that tiny bit of translation up the top was all I could get a hold of. But I should do a little bit more research maybe.
    As for the skipping....xD I have no idea what that was all about! and normally if Pikachu is around, then Ash is there too. But judging by watching the video again, it looks like Misty and the other two were possibly talking about Ash back when he was young and was journeying. And going on the translation of the lyrics, perhaps something happened? O.O I really don't know xD I too wish I could speak Japanese so I could maybe solve what this is all about.

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2009
    Maybe the girl is Misty's Daughter and Misty got the girl a Pikachu as her first pokemon in honor of Ash or something. :/

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    wow that makes no sense at all.....that looks like GSCHGSS misty to me though.....maybe pokemon nwa sjust like supposed to end with a futristic them but due to it's popularity they never stopped it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2009
    I think this video should be in higher quality, but sadly no one uploaded it.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • The pink hair girl reminds me of Whitney, Goldenrods Gym leader, even though this was before GSC Betas, also, I don't remember any of the footage in the first movie at all........

Only Satoshi Tajiri himself knows the answer to this..........

Back