• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The name of the "third version"?

And who is the mascot?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waker of Chaos

Unlimited
    Years
    I'm thinking either Darkrai or Giratina. The only thing is, even though Darkrai's an "event" Pokémon, we know absolutely nothing about Giratina, other than what's in the Pokédex, and the speculation about Giratina being the Death Guardian.

My vote's for Darkrai just because it's cooler.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    as are Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald...

and Gold & Silver & Crystal are minerals...

Red, Blue, Green and Yellow are all colors...

hm... Opal DOES seem the best choice... and Giratina seems ALOT like Rayquaza was in R/S...

True but in the movies they highlighted Rayquaza as you said but in the latest movie they highlighted more Darkrai together with Palkia and Dialga so i would not be surprised if the new game is Darkrai for the reason substented above.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    Topaz with a giratina on the cover '
    Shadow with a darkrai
    Cresent Cressila

Years
    as are Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald...

and Gold & Silver & Crystal are minerals...

Red, Blue, Green and Yellow are all colors...

hm... Opal DOES seem the best choice... and Giratina seems ALOT like Rayquaza was in R/S...

Wait so do Palkia and Dialga fight and Giratina stops them? [And Giratina might be available to catch before the pokemon league?]

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    isn't Giratina the Dimensional Guardian? Does it seem to you that Dimension goes with Time and Space?

Wait a minute...

I change my mind, I think Mesprit fits better!

Remember when the dude (I forget who) chained up Dailga/Palkia, then Dailga/Palkia got wild? Then Mesprit and her siblings came in to stop D/P?

let's modify the plot a bit:

The Battle of Time and Space has become gargantuine... Dailga and Palkia have both run loose and are in a battle for control of the universe!

(here's a basic layout of what happens:

There are referances to both Dailga AND Palkia, rather than just one,

Basic plot of D/P, but when it comes to awakening the legendary, the whole plot shifts!

now, instead of TG waking one legend... they try to awaken both! however, it only causes an all-out battle of the universe! and suddenly... who's that in the sky?

A black Dragon? Giratina to the resque! And did he bring backup!? Why, it's none other than the pixie trio!

the chain of what happens next:

Dailga and Palkia get into a fight
    Giratina comes in to settle the score
    After the battle, Mesprit sends the dragons of to their own caves/islands/whatever to rest. Mesprit and her siblings then return to their caves

You can then go catch them...

um... yeah... I'll leave this for you guys to debate

Years
    Giratina is the Renegade pokemon which i should get a definition for.

When I thought of Dialga and Palkia fighting in it, I thought maybe Mesprit again.

deserter: a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc.

^ Thats a definition for Renegade. Maybe Giratina betrays Dialga and Palkia to stop them?

Only other definition is rebel which would have no meaning to Giratina.

Years
    isn't Giratina the Dimensional Guardian? Does it seem to you that Dimension goes with Time and Space?

Wait a minute...

I change my mind, I think Mesprit fits better!

Remember when the dude (I forget who) chained up Dailga/Palkia, then Dailga/Palkia got wild? Then Mesprit and her siblings came in to stop D/P?

let's modify the plot a bit:

The Battle of Time and Space has become gargantuine... Dailga and Palkia have both run loose and are in a battle for control of the universe!

(here's a basic layout of what happens:

There are referances to both Dailga AND Palkia, rather than just one,

Basic plot of D/P, but when it comes to awakening the legendary, the whole plot shifts!

now, instead of TG waking one legend... they try to awaken both! however, it only causes an all-out battle of the universe! and suddenly... who's that in the sky?

A black Dragon? Giratina to the resque! And did he bring backup!? Why, it's none other than the pixie trio!

the chain of what happens next:

Dailga and Palkia get into a fight
    Giratina comes in to settle the score
    After the battle, Mesprit sends the dragons of to their own caves/islands/whatever to rest. Mesprit and her siblings then return to their caves

You can then go catch them...

um... yeah... I'll leave this for you guys to debate

yea

they can have that battle in the town with the cave aswell

Last edited:
    Years
    Diamond & Pearl are clearly Gem's so look at this.

Diamond & Dialga begin with a D.

Pearl & Palkia begin with a P.

So that means the mascot for the third game will have to match up to another gem's first letter.

So these Pokémon might be the Mascot.

Garnet = Giratina
    Amethyst = Arceus
    Aquamarine = Azelf
    Moonstone = Mesprit

These are the only ones that match with the first letters to Gem Names.

So

Pokémon Garnet
    or
    Pokémon Amethyst
    or
    Pokémon Aquamarine
    or
    Pokémon Moonstone

So my verdict is "Pokémon Garnet" because the name sound right and the mascot has to be Giratina

Last edited:

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    TP, I thought the same way, but I rather thought that TPC will not consider that they had first letters same in the names of games and pokemon, it could be a coincedence. All these just don't seem right.

I would like it to be mespirit, but I do feel that it has a high chance of being Opal.

Loud and Annoying Pidgey

« if you still b e l i e v e »
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    its weird because look:

Emerald-Rayquaza
    Ruby-Groudon
    Saphire-Kyogre
    Gold- Ho-oH
    Silver-Lugia

Those Names Dont Match Up One Bit.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2008
    I think it'll be called jade but idk who should be on there

i found this on google
    its called opal but idk if its official but hes clearly holding it

www(dot)pkstation(dot)com/pokemondandp/wp-content/1179314248964.jpg

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    Diamond & Pearl are clearly Gem's so look at this.

Diamond & Dialga begin with a D.

Pearl & Palkia begin with a P.

So that means the mascot for the third game will have to match up to another gem's first letter.

So these Pokémon might be the Mascot.

Garnet = Giratina
    Amethyst = Arceus
    Aquamarine = Azelf
    Moonstone = Mesprit

No, Dialga and Palkia's names are based on "Diamond" and "Pearl" which are the game names:

Dialga (Diarugia): The Dia in its name is derived from the word diamond, even though the Japanese word for diamond is ダイヤモンド daiyamondo. The "ga" part in its name may be a corruption of "gon", referring to its origin and type.

Palkia (Parugia): The Pal (Paru) in its name is derived from the Japanese word for pearl, パール pāru.

^From Bulbapedia^

The Game's name is not based on the Pokemon's name, the Pokemon's name is based on the game's name.

So if what you're saying is true then they'll introduce a new Pokemon, which of course they will not.

But anyway, I'm voting for Giratina and Quartz. (Considering Garnets are, for the most part, Red and Giratina is not).

Unless they pull a Crystal did and put Uxie, Mesprit or Azelf on the front... (Then it would probablly be called Pokemon Amber (Uxie), Amythest (Mesprit) or Aquamarine (Azelf))

Last edited:

Magnezone

Some random trainer...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2010
    Well, can't the fact about Giratina not being in the Sinnoh dex technically be remedied by just adding it in the third version, somewhat like a No. 152? Because as far as I know Rayquaza was an after-Elite Four Pkmn in R/S but they shifted it ahead in the storyline in Emerald. So I think that could happen. Well, we could just wait and see. In G/S, the third version's Suicune was totally random, so anything could happen. For all we know, it could be Rotom! (Ok, even that's going a little too far...)

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2008
    I realy don't think a 3rd one will come out.

D/P have all the Pokemon covered from this gen. And you can transfer the other gen. pokemon to D/P..... I don't see why they would.

Jim

Dinner
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 25, 2011
    I realy don't think a 3rd one will come out.

D/P have all the Pokemon covered from this gen. And you can transfer the other gen. pokemon to D/P..... I don't see why they would.

R/B covered them all when they introduced Yellow, but that was more of a Special Edition to relate too the Anime.

But G/S/R/B covered all the Pokemon before they introduced Crystal so... You never know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back