• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new D/P Fire Stater Poll

What Do You Think About The New D/P Fire Starter?

• Total voters

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I think the fire and water ones are cute. Then the grass one looks ugly. The evo's of them all are cool. The third evo of Pochama is odd looking- I hate it. The third evo of the fire starter is very cool. Then the third evo of the grass one is just plain weird. Over looks I'mm choosing the fire starter. Over strength it a tough desion over Pochama third evo and fire third evo. Overall I'm choosing the fire starter- because it's comepletely Awesome!!

~Weavile~

P.S. Even though my favorite types are ice, water, and dark I always choose fire starters. Except in Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    I think all of them are good infact I'm even gonna choose Hikozaru ( one of the resones are the evolutions).

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2007
    I think all of them are good infact I'm even gonna choose Hikozaru ( one of the resones are the evolutions).

Ai

; ♥ ~
    Years
  • This one is okay.. It's the best out of the 3 in my opinion.. o.o But compared to all other starters.. I don't like it.

Volta.

NEEDS A NEW AVATAR@&$^@
    Years
  • I think Hikozaru looks fine ... among the other 2. This generation's starters are all bad I'm afraid, and dont get me started on Naetle, plus I like Hikozaru's 1st evo, and I think Ill keep him that way

King Boo

Hauted Artist
    Years
  • Yea i recon as well!

1st Fire starter: Dragon/Lizard
    2nd Fire starter: Flame thingie
    3rd Fire starter: Chic
    4th Fire starter: a monkey!!!

How those that fit in the catogory and i don't think fire and pirmates go togather!

Arlynn

Fourteen
    Years
  • I'm really not fond of the new fire starter at all. Both it and the grass one aren't what I normally like for starters. Blah. But at least Pocchama is cute, and it's evolutions are nice.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm with Smarties-kun on this one.

Just because you don't like one specific Pokemon gives you no right to start a thread and bash it with unnecessary words like "retarded looking". It's hurtful to see you do that, as I know a few mentally challenged people.

How would you like it if I started a thread saying that Poochama was a annoying penguin that's horrifically over-rated and glorified to the point where I want to beat it up with a stick because I hate it? I don't hate Poochama, though I am tired of the attention it receives. It was made to be cute, getting the spotlight placed on it in the show. Just because I don't really like the Water-type, it doesn't give me the right to create a thread to see how many other people share the opinion I have.

That said, it is obvious that I am a Hikozaru fan, due to me being a monkey lover at heart. Fire starters were always some of my favorite Pokemon of a generation. I'm going to choose Hikozaru when I get the games.

Besides, Pokemon shouldn't all be cute and fuzzy. They also shouldn't all be "cool-looking" with the fangs and claws. There should be different looks to the Pokemon to appeal to all the fans. Pokemon isn't just about what you want them to look like. GameFreak is the one that designs them (by the way), and they don't want to make you happy. They want to make the majority of the fans happy.

There are people who think that Hikozaru is cute. There are people who think that Nosepass's evolution is an awesome looking Pokemon. Not everyone shares the same opinion as you, and when you think that they do and bash those that differ from you on a place as populated as this, there are going to be problems.

Snowy Rayquaza said:
    How those that fit in the catogory and i don't think fire and pirmates go togather!
    Do turtles and Grass go together, as is the case of Natoru? -.-; Or dragonflies and Ground?

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Man, nowadays people value looks more than ever. What's wrong with Hikozaru looking bad to your eyes? I don't really care how it looks, as long as it are useful, Hikozaru will win my heart. I mean, Jirachi is cute, but why no one uses it in battle other than the fact it is almost impossible to obtain? Maybe it's the weaknesses, maybe it's the movepool, maybe some other reason, but why not, afterall, its cute, which means great looks?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Hmmmmmmmmmm
    I actually feel kinda dumb right know.
    I took a good five or ten minutes and looked at it and actually, I kinda like it, hehe. XD
    After all my complaining, it turned out that I actually like the little thing.
    So, uh, yeah.......um, I guess were done here, unless someone else would like to give there opinion.

Again I'm sorry, but I actually like it know, so um yeah................hehe

TotoRitaQuil

Royal Shiny
    Years
  • um the fire starter,I think looks dumb. I like charmander,cyndaquil and Torchic BETTER than this monkey typed thing. When I get diamond and pearl , I wont be getting the monkey , I kind of like the grass type.

Rainfall

~Solitude
    Years
  • They're all okay, I guess...I was really disipointed with all of their final starters. Usually there's at least one end starter that is cool, but not this time.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Actually, I don't really see why people hate it, going around with comments like "Fire-butt Monkey".
    But I don't really care about it all that much.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
  • I guess i dont like it because i love all the fire types up to this point (but i still stand by my other post) also ive always found monkies to be sorta goofy (even though we evolved from monkies) and i guess i cn grow to like him... unless his backsprite is showing him scratching his butt.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
  • It looks pretty dorky and goofy to me. I know I'm not gonna choose it for my starter.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    I don't mind Hikozaru's (and his evo's), but I guess it is rather wacked. The designers are just losing thier thunder, that's all. :\

Back