• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The new D/P/Pt Trainers battle styles

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I used to not give a **** about natures, but when I found out about them, being the perfectionist I am, I couldn't live with myself until I got a poke with the right nature. Now I'm even using EVs =(
    I can never go back to those old days, but IVs are where I draw the line.

Sesshoukid

Tell the truth and run.
    Years
  • I don't care for the new way. In fact, I didn't even know about it until about 9 months ago. It's so stupid. If I wanna catch a pokemon, I just go and try catching it. Plus, there's no point in it if you don't like wifi battling all that much. I think it's easier doing it the old way.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I don't care for the new way. In fact, I didn't even know about it until about 9 months ago. It's so stupid. If I wanna catch a pokemon, I just go and try catching it. Plus, there's no point in it if you don't like wifi battling all that much. I think it's easier doing it the old way.

On what I put in bold, now I don't think we should go this far. Everyone has their own opinion about the new and old battling styles.

I use both battling styles for various reasons. I EV pokemon for Wifi
    Battles and the Battle Frontier. For just regular training I use it to battle the Elite Four and sometimes for contests.

Ayselipera

I don't catch pokemon for their natures at all
    or any other reason. The only time I'll skip over
    a pokemon to catch is when they don't have the
    right gender I'm looking for. I like the pokemon to
    have the gender I think they look like.

Years
  • I don't catch pokemon for their natures at all
    or any other reason. The only time I'll skip over
    a pokemon to catch is when they don't have the
    right gender I'm looking for. I like the pokemon to
    have the gender I think they look like.

Im the same way I don't like see a boy Jynx it's kinda creepy, I don't look for EVs but gender and any shinny I might want like Giratina

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    I just catch for the fun of it I really don't care of any of the IVs or whatever, I just trust what I catch.
    Like me. as long as its not getting a really negative nature.. like -S.Atk +atk for Gardevoir and Etc

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • in offline-game (not for wifi-gaming) i catch the pokemon only for the registry in the pokedex, that means, i catch the "first best" ... and dont care about nature and the other for wifi-battling-important factors.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I enjoy Ev training pokemon, my Blissy has 701Hp and without Ev training I would never of thought such a thing possible.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would have to say that I don't think people are going too far with the new ways. I use both as I have said before. Though, if you feel kind of tired of doing the game purposes such as catching them all, beating the Elite Four, training normal, you could always do the other new battling styles. It isn't stupid because without it, some people might not like the game anymore. It all depends on people's opinions and calling it stupid would be silly.

Anyways, I like the new battling styles and old battling styles equally because they have their use for many different and similar things.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I never really do competitive battling because I don't have Wi-Fi. The only time I really worry about EVs and Natures is for battle facilities.

Pidgeot79

:ASOD
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2011
    Competitive battling has existed since RBY, although the raising of a Pokemon has become more complicated over the generations due to the addition of abilities, natures, EVs, IVs, etc. Some people have to get their Pokemon perfect, which I understand. Why would you use a half-baked Hardy Choice Band Tyranitar when you could get an Adamant one with 10% extra punch? Also, with the advent of RNG manipulation, getting the perfect Pokemon is so much easier than tediously hatching a bunch of eggs.

Back