• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Droid or Blackberry?

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I'm in the market for a new cellphone and I cannot choose between The Droid or a Black Berry.

I'm on Verizon wireless and I pretty much have an unlimited budget.

Feel free to suggest other smart phones that Verizon offers.

Also, When you suggest a phone, Please give reasons for it. I'm lookin' for a great phone that isn't going to bite the dust in 6 months.

As of right now, I'm leaning towards the Droid. It's Very nice looking and I've watched videos on it.
    It has awesome features and overall, very great.
    The only down-side is that Unlimited texting isn't offered for all providers. Only on the Verizon network and Currently, My girlfriend is on Sprint.
    The plan does offer 5,000 texts to other providers though. The bad thing about that is sometimes I send 25,000 texts in one month.

Syrex

Years
    So far, I'm thinkin' the Droid is the way to go.

But I'd like to access facebook on it but I believe I have to add a data plan and that is an extra 40 bucks so my bill would run about 110 bucks a month.

Edit:
    Ah, It'll cost about 90 bucks a month.
    I found the unlimited texting plan.
    It's an extra 30 for the data plan.

Last edited:
    Years
    I'd recommend the Droid as well. And to be a little more specific, the HTC version as I really like HTC's hardware. I have, however, also used the Motorola version and while it's not awful, I'd recommend HTC over it still.

And just for reference, regardless of whether you go with an Android based phone or a Blackberry, Verizon will still require you to add on a data package if you do not have one already.

Syrex

Years
    yeah, I found out the data package out when I was lookin' at them.

I'm almost certain I may go for the Droid unless I find something else.

Years
    I honestly wouldn't recommend anything else. I've been using the G1 for over a year now and I love the Android OS. To each his own though, I suppose.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I honestly wouldn't recommend anything else. I've been using the G1 for over a year now and I love the Android OS. To each his own though, I suppose.
    I love the Android OS too...

Duh the Droid. That faster processor is something I can only drool about on Tmo.

Obi-Wan Jerkobi

Great Party!
    Years
    Hey guys, we're here to give our opinions on the phones themselves, not the providers. He's already set on Verizon, so we'll leave it at that. I tried out the earlier this week and it was pretty nice other than the keyboard being a little too far to the left. But I like the Android interface compared to the Blackberry 8132 I used to have. It's much easier to navigate and noticeable faster (But that's comparing 3G to EDGE). I say Droid if you're not worried about budget.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
    I went from a BB Pearl 8130 to a Droid Eris by HTC, DON"T go Blackberry what ever you do.

Blackberries, while practical, are starting to loose there fancy.

As for the Droid by HTC, I love it, can't get enough of it, but I have to charge my battery every night.

I too am on Verizon, and I have a plan in witch data/messaging are included along with 500 mins + 10 Friends & Family numbers. I pay about 110 a month.

As for the iPhone issue, see here https://www.pcworld.com/article/181197/droid_vs_iphone_its_really_about_the_carrier.html

And as for coverage, well "There's a map for that"
    The new Droid or Blackberry?

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    Also, if you're on Verizon and still want an iPhone, get an "unlocked" one off of ebay, then insert your SIM card.
    Unlocking is actually easy to do yourself, if you have the right tools.

Actually, this is not an option. Verizon uses the CDMA technology and doesn't utilise SIM cards. the person's number, contacts, and information that would be on a SIM card, is all wired in.

Years
    I was about to answer iPhone, but then read that Verizon didnt offer it. Shame.

Droid. All the way. The Blackberry definatly does not live up to all the hype. Seriously. Waste of money =/

Back