• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The NEW game should be the last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobalt36

Ivy and Harley, quite a pair..
    Years
    I hope i am in the right section, first off. Anyway, yay, we have a confirmed Platinum which means hello Platina in manga. Anyway, it is really starting to get repetitive in the game sequels. Hooray, we get a new battle place, hooray, we get a new gym leader, hooray hooray HOORAY. But what is next. Don't get me wrong, i like the idea of Platinum, but Arceus is dubbed as "GOD." So we have another trio, but is it the end of the games? You can't get more advanced if you made a god to the pokeverse...

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
    Gotta catchem all is going to be impossible soon, but they shouldn't stop making games, for 7 reasons
    1. Muny
    2. Muny
    3. Muny
    4. Don't dissapoint fans
    5. Reputation
    6. Muny
    7. Wait, did I say Muny

and Arceus is not dubbed as "GOD", If you think back, so was lugia, mewto, ho-oh, mew, groudon

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Several reasons why they shouldn't stop:
    1. Stupid
    2. Make more billions
    3. Stupid
    4. Satoshi Tajiri ain't dead yet.
    5. There are more pokemon to be made
    6. Stupid
    7. Too many fans
    8. There are already 11 seasons on the anime!
    9. Stupid
    10. GS Remakes?
    11. Reputation
    12. Did I say stupid?

-Each one is for each year...

Marcy_11

Metapod is hot
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2008
    I love pokemon dont get me wrong
    but really has anyone noticed the stupidness of the latest pokemon?
    i mean hippowdown?
    seriously
    But I dont know if they should stop making games
    I mean no more pokemon would be good but as we see in mystery dungeon there are plenty of different ways to play pokemon
    I think they should completely change the game layout

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2014
    I agree that they should just stop after this one, or maybe make a GS remake after it and be done. I couldn't stand the thought of seeing over 500 pokemon and another few regions =/

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    I don't see why they would stop making new pokemon games? Pokemon is a popular franchise both in Japan and the US. The only real thing I could see happening is either an RPG game on the Wii or a remake of GS (which would most likely be the last game). However, with Pokemon Ranch on the way to the US, new Wiiware gives Pokemon another section to appear in. So overall, Pokemon has many opportunities to successful as a new game.

But my opinion, Platinum should be the last game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Yeah, I'd like for this to be the last generation, but not the last game overall. I'd definately want a GS remake or an RPG Wii game (such as Colosseum and XD)

But other than those, this should be the last game IMO

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Bah - I personally think that Platinum shalt not be the last game, or the 4th gen be the last gen. Think about it - look at the sales for Diamond and Pearl! As long as Pokemon is this profittable (one of the best-selling games of this sort of genre I believe?), then more will be made. There will always be new gamers coming about - for many, Diamond and Pearl was their first Pokemon game for them! Honestly can't see it stopping anytime soon. And new ideas will keep sprouting out as well. And the sales show that the true and tried formula still works, for there is always new people to come and try it out.

I also think the reason 'the Pokemon are stupid they are running out of ideas' isn't that valid. Heck, for every new gen there has been people complaining that the new Pokemon look stupid. Same old, same old. If you don't like it, make your own game with creatures that have ultimate attacks and what not. Also - do remember before hearing a rumour that other Pokes have been created and saved for future release, close to making the total about a thousand? No idea on the 'legitness' of that though, and doesn't really count for much.

Hypntick

Wobbuffet!
    Years
    Heck they're just working on one single world, what happens when they go to other worlds? I could honestly see this franchise going for another 10 years if not more. As long as they are able to turn a profit (which by all accounts they are more than capable of) then they will continue to be made. As far as some of the new pokemon looking stupid, that's the reason I quit playing after red/blue, I absolutely hated all of the johto pokemon (miltank O.o) I don't think they will run out of ideas, and yes some of them will be very silly, but overall it won't matter.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Wait, you hated Johto Pokemon? They had Totodile! That's one of the best ever!
    QFT. ;)
    But it relates to a point I made eariler - for every gen, there are people who thought that the new Pokes looked stupid or the such. That didn't stop more games being made and selling at very high levels - more sales made for each new gen, in fact. I wonder if any new gamers to Diamond and Pearl played it and after getting the National Dex thought '...geez, what's with all of these stupid Pokemon now? A 'Pikachu'? What the...'

Personally - I'm just going to wait until the anime or something reveal a new Pokemon which will confirm the next gen (like Munchlax before), and for Nintendo to annouce that GSC remake. ;)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I agree with you, but I hope they make a whole new season pokemon games like they should start all over 150 new pokemon and make the adventure different... That would be awesome!

Golden Arcanine

Arcanine Warlord
    Years
    its sad to say as seening myself as a veteranof pokemon from the days of red and blue the first 150 were awesome and the anime was hilarious but everything got better with the next set and johto jourenys was pretty good then i started to stray from pokemon in advance genaeration and the starter fires started to become lame torchic :( and Chimchar is not bad but my fist choices for each game was mudkip and turtwig and was deeply sadde by most of the pokemon and i s "this sucks wheres all the cool pokemon :("
    very sad day indeed but i doubt they'll stop by the ime satoshii dies they will probably have up to a million -_-' . so inconclusion this gravy train is no were near its final destination
    all aboard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back