• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Land RP (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Keira Sodar...
    Chapter 3
    ... Playing a joke​

Keira reached Greenlush town before sundawn. It was getting late, though. She walked slowly through the town and looked at everything. People were strolling the streets calmly. Most people seemed to be very old. What a boring village, Keira thought and giggled a little. Even more boring than Springdawn. She should try to find a pokémon center. She knew what they did and knew that Buizel could need a rest there. But where was it?

She passed by a park, where an old lady sat snoring on a bench. Keira giggled again. She would so like to play a prank on the lady... maybe if Buizel could just squirt a little water up into the air so that when it fell down, it felt like rain... she sent him out of the pokéball and gave him the quiet order. He frowned a little. He wasn't as playful as Keira. But, rolling his eyes, he obeyed. When the little water gun poured down onto the lady, she awoke with a short scream.

Keira laughed hard. The woman turned around, blazing with annoyance. "Young kids today!" she said. "You've got no respect!"

Keira put on her usual puppy eyes to get out of trouble. "I'm sorry, madam," she said. "My Buizel likes to play at times. I didn't mean to-"

"Now, now, do you think I was asleep? I was barely resting my eyes. But my ears heard your whispers."

Keira gulped. Oops. The old lady got up from the bench. She was rather tall when she stood up straight. No longer did she look very old or tired.

"So, you think you can play tricks on poor old people because they can't do anything about it? I'll show you, punk."

"Punk?" Keira blinked.

"Go, Shroomisht!" the lady said and suddenly sent out a pokéball. A shroomish emerged and looked young and lively. It gave Buizel an angry look, and he backed a little.

"Whoa, I said I'm sorry!" Keira said.

"No can do. I'll teach you a lesson. Shelley, Absorb!"

The shroomish concentrated, and a ray of purple energy shot from it and struck Buizel. It was like a quick lightning, but clearly it stole energy from the water pokémon. He groaned.

Keira gritted her teeth. "If that's what you want, you'll get a battle! Buizel, use Quick Attack!"

Buizel ran off quicker than the shroomish could react. It hit the pokémon straight on and did some bad damage. The shroomish Shelley rolled backwards. But something else happened. On contact, another purple spark had flown from shroomish to Buizel. "Was that a sneaky Absorb?" Keira asked.

"Indeed. It's more powerful on physical contact. And that's not all! If an enemy lingers close to Shelley for too long, they might get affected by the spores she gives out. Watch out for poisoning or paralyzing!" the lady said and laughed. In Keira's eyes, she looked like a nasty witch.

"We'll have to attack from afar. Buizel, use Water Gun!"

Buizel did so, and hit the slow shroomish again. But it didn't really do any damage...

"Thanks for watering my plant," the lady said and bowed mockingly. She didn't seem to have an old, sore body at all. She was probably a skilled pokémon trainer who had simply gotten old!

"Darn!" Keira said. Buizel growled and looked hard at her, though. "Alright..." his trainer said. "We've got some more moves up our sleeve."

But before she could give another order, Shelley came bouncing in for a Tackle! And probably another sneak Absorb. "Buizel, watch out!" Keira shouted and jumped in the way of the attack. Shelley stopped dead right in front of the little girl, and Buizel covered behind her.

"Now... that's courageous," the lady said, raising her eyebrows. "Stepping in front of a pokémon attack. You do know that humans can't stand these kind of powers nearly as good as even the weakest of pokémon, do you?"

"Well..." Keira panted. She hadn't really known. But of course that was true. "Buizel, you'll have to watch out more!"

"And you'll have to be wary of the rules. In some official battles, it's not allowed for trainers to step in and fight alongside their pokémon. It's simply too dangerous."

Keira swallowed. "But now, you'll be defeated!" she shouted. "Sonic Boom!"

Buizel shot up behind the girl, taking the shroomish by surprise and sending it flying with strong shock waves that hit without fail. Shelley the shroomish didn't get up from this one.

"Impressive..." the lady said and returned the grass pokémon to its pokéball. The late sun's rays played a delicate game in the wrinkles of her face. "You win."

Keira smiled. Buizel cheered. "Again! We're awesome!" the girl said, throwing her arms around the pokémon.

"Just prepare for losing, one day. You can't always win."

"Sure," Keira said, without believing it. Of course they would win! Always.

"I believe you want to find the pokémon center now..."

"Yes, actually, madam." She might as well give her some kind of respect now, that Keira had beaten her.

"I can lead you to it. Follow me, young fool."

"What... fool?"

The lady laughed a little and started walking away through the park. Keira shook her head, as did Buizel before he got sent back into the pokéball. And the girl followed the old lady all the way to the pokémon center, where Keira borrowed a room for the night. She slept like a log, the whole night.

Years
    Chapter 3: Tripping on Shroomish! Part 1[/U]

"Carla! I thought you said you knew a shortcut...I could have just stayed on the path and made it to Greenlush Town already!" complained Jaren

"Oh quit your bellyachin', we're almost there." she said

"You said that 3 hours ago!" exclaimed Jaren

"Well I...um.." stammered Carla

By some dumb luck, they reached a clearing and up ahead was Greenlush Town. It was a lot smaller than Jaren expected it to be and it was fairly quet as well. Jaren checked the time on his watch and saw that it was about 9 o'clock in the morning. He and Carla were going through the long grass for most of the night. Jaren was surprisingly not sleepy as he made his way tot he Pokemon Center, with Carla's help of course.

As Jaren received his healed pokemon from Nurse Joy, he asked if any other Springdawn trainers have came through yet.

"Well Jaren, there was actually one that rented a room here last night. She was a girl with a Buizel."

"Ahh okay. So I must be the second one then." said Jaren

Jaren thanked Nurse Joy as he left the pokemon center. This girl with a Buizel was always a step ahead of him. First, he remembered a farmer mentioning her, now Nurse Joy mentioned her as well. Jaren wondered who this trainer was and hoped that he would run into her in the future. Meanwhile, Jaren heard a voice from behind him.

"Heeeeeeeyyyyy wait up!!"

That voice belonged to Carla.

"What do you want?" asked Jaren flatly

"I wanna come with you." said Carla

"I wanted traveling companions, I would just ask for them." said Jaren as he began to walk away

Carla looked a little hurt by Jaren's statement, but nonetheless followed anyway.

"Too bad I'm coming anyway." she said

"For what reason?" said Jaren

"Well, you don't know too much about Lementos aside from Springdawn Town, so I should come and point out things to you." said Carla

"Whatever." said Jaren as he continued looking around Greenlush Town

"Oh no I'm late again!!!" yelled a voice

As sudden as the voice was, a small child was running towards Jaren and Carla and quickly collided into them, causing a big mess.

After getting up and dusting themselves off, they saw that the boy was on his way to school.

"I'm sorry about that. My name is Terry and I'm in Kindergarten, I can't ever get to class on time."

"Hi! My name's Carla"

"I'm Jaren, kid."

"Nice to meet you guys!" said Terry as he smiled his gap-toothed grin

Terry looked like a typical Kindergartner, short brown hair, blue uniform and yellow cap, however that gap in his teeth is what made him especially stand out. Carla and Jaren decided to walk with Terry to his classroom.

As they got there, the teacher disappointedly remarked, "Terry, you're late again."

"I ran into Pokemon Trainers today! And I brought them with me!"

"oooooooooohhh!" said the class

"Oh really now Terry?" said the teacher with her eyebrow raised.

Just then, Jaren and Carla walked into class.

"Good morning ma'am." they said in unison as they bowed

"Hello trainers." said the teacher

The teacher then motioned Terry to the front of the class and said

"Class, we're going to do something special today. Since Terry brought trainers here today, we're going to have them teach the class for the day."

"Meet Jaren and Carla everybody!" said Terry

"Good morning Jaren and Carla." said the class

Jaren stepped up and began speaking

"Okay class, you all know what pokemon are but can anybody tell me what pokemon you can start off with here in Lementos?"

Then, a little boy raised his hand.

Jaren then pointed at him.

"My name is Connor and the pokemon are Buizel, Psyduck, Vulpix, Growlithe, Sunkern and Tangela."

"Correct."

Then, a little girl raised her hand.

Jaren pointed at her.

"My name Sasuki and I was wondering =, what pokemon did you start off with?"

Jaren smirked and said, "See for yourself." as he tossed a pokeball in the air and a white light shot out.

"Vulpix" barked Vulpix

"Aww..can I pet it?" asked Sasuki

"Sure." said Jaren as she came up and stroked Vulpix's fur

Soon enough, all of the children were surrounding Vulpix

"Let's all go outside class." said Jaren as he also let out Zigzagoon

"Meet my pokemon too!" said Carla as she sent out Sentret and Rattata

As the children were playing with the pokemon outside, Jaren sat down and had a big sigh of relief, he was ready to take a load off of himself and at the same tme, let his pokemon get some exercise and later find his way towards the nearest pokemon gym. As he laid down on the playground bench, Terry came up to him, smiling his gap-toothed smile.

"Jaren, you should come and see our class plants, we have a small garden on the side of the building."

Jaren was tired, but he didn't want to disappoint the little boy. So, he forced himself up and followed Terry to the garden. Vulpix was too busy playing with the children to notice Jaren, but Zigzagoon came and followed him. Jaren noticed that Zigzagoon had a Super Potion in his mouth and Jaren took it from him.

"That's Zigzagoon's pickup ability!" said Terry

"Pickup?" asked Jaren

"Yeah, pickup is an ability that allows a pokemon to randomly pickup items after battle or in this case even casually. The value of items seem to depend on the pokemon's level." said Terry

"You're a smart kid." said Jaren

"Thanks haha.." said Terry, grinning

The two boys made their way to the class garden, where they saw four mushroom pokemon.

"Oh no, not again!" exclaimed Terry

OOC: This is my longest chapter, part 2 shall be up tonight!

Years
    Chapter 3 Tripping on Shroomish! Part 2

"Oh no, not again!" said Terry

"What are those pokemon?" asked Jaren as he flipped out his pokedex

Shroomish the mushroom pokemon, If Shroomish senses danger, it shakes its body and scatters spores from the top of its head. This Pokémon's spores are so toxic, they make trees and weeds wilt.

"Toxic spores, eh? Sounds like a tough pokemon." said Jaren

"The toxins from the Shroomish kill the plants in our class garden." said Terry

"We tried to tell the Shroomish what they are doing is wrong, but they come and wilt our plants for fun!" said Terry as he frowned

"Sounds bad." said Jaren

"It is." said Terry

"Zigzagoon, let's go." said Jaren

"Zigzagoon."

As Zigzagoon stepped forward one of the four Shroomish stepped forward.

"All right, Zigzagoon use Growl!"

"Zigzagooooooooooonnn!!!" exploded ZIgzagoon as he let out a vibrating bark

The first Shroomish had fell back a bit but regained its composure and ran forward and tackled Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon flew back, but landed on his feet.

"Counter with your tackle!" yelled Jaren as Zigzagoon slammed into Shroomish, knocking it down.

Then, the Shroomish backed down, and ran back to the group as two more Shroomish confronted Zigzagoon and both used Tackle on the TinyRacoon pokemon.

"Zigzagoon return!" yelled Jaren as he called Zigzagoon back to his pokemon before the Shroomish knocked him out.

"Zigzagoon was able to defeat one of the Shroomish, but fighting the others is too much for him."

Just then, the leader Shroomsh stepped up, causing the other three Shroomish to stand there and watch. This Shroomish was somewhat bigger than the other three and looked like it meant business.

"The Shroomish stilll wants to fight!" exclaimed Terry

Jaren simply growled as he then heard a voice

"Jaren!"

That voice belonged to Carla as she and the rest of the class came towards Jaren and Terry. Vulpix sprinted forward and stood in front of Jaren.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld3JPWdt7JI&feature=related

"Vulpix!"

"All right Vulpix, let's rock!" said Jaren

The leader Shroomish glared at Vulpix and charged head first at him. Jaren smirked and yelled, "Vulpix, use Ember!"

"Vullllll!!" yelled Vulpix and multiple fire bolts blasted from his mouth and hit Shroomish head-on

Shroomish was browned from the flames and got up. It then shot out a purple light as purple spheres of energy left Vulpix's body.

"That's Shroomish's absorb! Watch out Jaren!" yelled Carla

Shroomish recovered at bit from the absorb which of course, weakened Vulpix.

"Don't give up Vulpix, use Ember again!" yelled Jaren

"Vulllllllllll!!!" yelled Vulpix as it shot the blots of fire at Shroomish once more. This time, Shroomish jumped up and hit Vulpix on his head. Sparks of electricity sparked around Vulpix as he became Paralyzed.

"That's Shroomish's special ability Effect Spore!" said Carla

"What does that do?" asked Jaren

"Effect Spore is when spores leave a Shroomish's body by direct contact and can paralyze, poison or put an opponent asleep and Vulpix was paralyzed by the spores."

"I see...hang in their Vulpix and follow up with ember!" yelled Jare

Vulpix however, was a sitting fox as he couldn't move. Shroomish took advantage of this and use another absorb and stole more health from Vulpix.

"Vulpix, I believe in you, we can still win this! Ember at full power!"

Vulpix then opened his mouth and fired a barrage of orange fire bolts and hit Shroomish directly. The mushroom pokemon tumbled over, Jaren decided to act immediately.

"The leader Shroomish is a pretty tough pokemon, I wanna catch it." said Jaren as he pulled out a pokeball

"Pokeball go!" yelled Jaren as he tossed the pokeball at Shroomish

The pokeball shot out a ray of red light as the pokeball hit the ground and began to shake. Jaren, Carla, Vulpix, Terry and the rest of the class looked in awe as the pokeball shook, waiting to see whether or not Shroomish was captured.

Last edited:
    Years
    @Master Trainer Empoleon: "The PokeBall swayed side to side gently, before slowly down to a pendulum halt. The button flickered its light and then flashed once more before fading. The Shroomish was now officially Jaren's"
    I like how you connected everything together and made good use of the kindergarten feature in this chapter. I feel that more improvement can be done by having lesser dialogue. It's not a must to have Jaren say out every command and you save lesser time and putting more description if you could do say like this, "He/She said blahblah" etc.

- Jaren caught a Shroomish(Level 5).
    - Vulpix grew to Level 9!

Years
    Chapter 3 Tripping on Shroomish! Part 3

Jaren picked up the pokeball as the class applauded.

"All right! I caught...a Shroomish!"

Jaren bowed as he put the pokeball on his belt. The remaining Shroomishes fled the scene. He picked up Vulpix as he climbed onto Jaren's shoulder.

"You did well Vulpix."

"Vulpix."

As Jaren went to the pokemon center and healed his three pokemon. As Jaren stood there, they jumped off of the cart and surrounded him.

"Glad to have you on board Shroomish."

"Shroom."

Nurse Joy then came over to Jaren and said, "The nearest gym is in Stronewold City."

"Then that's where we're going next!" said Jaren

"Good to hear, can I see your pokedex so I can register you for the Lementos League?" asked Nurse Joy

Jaren nodded and handed over his pokedex to Nurse Joy as she went behind the counter and put it through a slot. A large screen popped up and Jaren's picture along with pictures of Vulpix, Zigzagoon and Shroomish also appeared. Nurse Joy typed something into the computer and ejected the pokedex. She handed it back to Jaren as he set off on his way. He stopped, turned around and said,

"If you see that girl with the Buizel again, tell her Jaren McDaniel of Springdawn Town would like to battle her sometime."

Nurse Joy nodded in agreement as Jaren left the pokemon center. He figured before he headed off to Stronewold City, he could get some training in. Jaren figured he could find some trainers to battle or something. Jaren began to walk around town, only time would tell what his next adventure was going to be.

Years
    Chapter 4
    Route 2
    Chapter Theme Song
    Grass springs up at all corners of the route and the daily activity of both Man and Pokemon bustle. There are several small-sized ranches and meadows situated along the route, and a strong smell of hay and manure gets heavier as you draw nearer to the west side of the route.

This area is a favourite for migratory bird Pokemon as the weather is usually warm and tropically sunny. With all the attraction and flocking of Pokemon, you can be sure that people will seize the opportunity to achieve success with flying colours. Trainers such as bird keepers can be seen carrying cages of bird Pokemon, releasing or capturing them.

During the day, the calls and cries of birds can be deafening if not, irritating to some. However once the dark of night settles, the noise levels reduces tremendously. Recently, not a single sound can be heard from the nesting birds. People often claim they see silhouettes of figures in the shadows and that they must be wearing dark colours since they seem to blend into the night very efficiently. A mysterious languid stillness hovers in the air and it is advisable not to pass through the route after dusk.

In this chapter, you may do 1 or all of 2 events:
    1. A prideful birdkeeper has been standing at a spot in the middle of the road, declaring to passers-by that his prize birds are the best. If you catch his attention, he will request a chance to prove his Pokemon's worth through a Trainer Battle. An offer of an exotic Sharp Beak and a pretty Soothe Bell are up for the winner's grabs. His Pokemon are as follows:

Starly Lv 7 (Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack)
    Taillow Lv 7 (Peck, Growl, Focus Energy)
    Hoothoot Lv 9 (Tackle, Growl, Foresight, Hypnosis)

2. If you walk on the side of the route that's along the stretch of ranches and fields, a rancher might come up to you to ask for a favour. He explains that his Pokemon have been disturbed by something during the night and that now they also seem frantic and wary even at day. He also claims that a few odd happenings have been ongoing at other farms too, such as missing equipment, broken fences and strange mechanical noises at night. First, he requests for your help in calming the creatures down and he'll give you a Full, Lax or Pure Incense for thatsmall job. Next, he wants you to stake out at night and find out what these black-clad people are up to or perhaps help investigate the matter by asking the other farmers.

Catchable Pokemon:
    The New Land RP (IC)
    Starly (Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack)

The New Land RP (IC)
    Pidgey (Tackle, Sand Attack)

The New Land RP (IC)
    Spearow (Peck, Growl, Leer)

The New Land RP (IC)
    Taillow (Peck, Growl, Focus Energy)

Levels 5-8. End your capturing post with the PokeBall shaking. I will determine if the capture was successful or not, as well as the gender and level of the Pokemon, depending on the quality and creativity of the post.

Note(s): You may interact with other players here. Battles or conversations with other players are to be done in joint posts. You may choose to stay in this chapter when the next one is up.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    < theme >

Route 2 was a bright one this day. Fields after fields stretched out on the sides of the road and made Kiera light hearted. Buizel's pokéball was warm in her hand. She thought about letting him out. He was a flowing ball of energy inside the ball now. She wondered what it was like. To be a lump of energy inside a tiny ball. She wondered if it was like dreaming. But he could hear her when she spoke to him, so it couldn't be exactly like dreaming.

Suddenly, something stood in her path. It was a young man, a boy almost. When he spotted the little girl that was Keira Sodar, his eyes gleamed and a smile formed on his lips. He turned to face her when there were 5 meters between them.

"You!" he said. "Do you dare battle me and my wonderful birds?"

"Birds?" Keira said, looking everywhere without seeing any.

"They are here, of course!" the boy shouted and seemed very impatient. He waved a pokéball at her. "Battle! If you win, I will give you a prize. But nobody has won! Because my birds are the best! I train them night and day!"

Keira looked at Buizel's pokéball. She probably should train him some more... it was her only pokémon after all.

"Sure!" she said. "Buizel, go!"

The weasel pokémon came out as a shining ray of light and formed at her feet. He looked fit and ready for battle.

"Wonderful," the bird trainer said. "Starly, come out!"

A smal gray bird came out of his pokéball and landed on the ground between the trainers.

"Let's battle! Come on Starly! Start!" the somewhat hyper trainer shouted.

Keira was normally the hyper one and now she got spurred on by the boy's attitude. "Come on, Buizel!" she said. "Show him that he's wrong! Quick Attack!"

Buizel shot forward and lounged at the bird at incredible speed, but Starly jumped into the air and was high above the water pokémon's head before he could reach it.

"Good work!" the bird trainer said. "Now, Quick Attack back!"

Starly folded its wings and shot down upon Buizel before he could react. He got struck and thrown to the ground, hurt.

"Buizel!" Keira shouted. "That bird is fast."

"It's the fastest there is!" the bird trainer exclaimed proudly.

But Buizel could take much more than that. He jumped back up on his feet again. "Good! Hit it with Water Gun!" Keira commanded.

Buizel aimed and fired, but Starly swiftly evaded the blasts from the water gun with wingflaps in the air.

"That ain't gonna work!" the bird tamer said. "Starly, Quick Attack again!"

"Oh no, Water Sport!" Keira shouted in a moment of creativity. It worked. Buizel sprayed water around himself without aiming, and Starly got disoriented when it tried to aim its dive. Instead of hitting the weasel, it flew right past it.

"Grrr, stupid thing!" the bird trainer screamed. "Again!"

"Buizel, focus and use Sonic Boom!"

As Starly came around and once again dove for a Quick Attack, Buizel opened the eyes he had closed when spraying all the water, and sent an almost unhearable boom of sound waves towards the approaching bird.

What is sound? Sound is air. Thus, attacks based on sound affects attacks based on air. A screaming pokémon can fight a flying pokémon.

That was what Keira had heard a professor on a tv show say long time ago. She remembered bits of information like this, and now she was very happy that she did. She didn't understand the physics behind it all. How could sound be the same thing as air? Air only sounded when it blew through holes in a fence or through a tree. But nevertheless, this was the time to put those words to the test.

And they proved true.

The sonic boom completely stopped the falling bird and pushed it back upwards into the air. Apparently the Starly wasn't strong enough to have its Quick Attack withstand a counterattack!

Keira smiled and cheered and Buizel got spurred on. The bird tamer was angry.

"Fly low and Tackle it!" he ordered, and Starly, who was starting to look a bit tired, dove down and came swiftly towards Buizel on the ground. Maybe he thought the Sonic Boom wouldn't be as effective down where all the grass muffled the sound waves? That, the 11 year old Keira could actually think up. She was smarter than she looked like and acted as. But pokémon training was the only time where she put it to use, apparently.

Thoughts take time to think. Starly was closing in. Keira saw it in slow motion. She wondered how Buizel saw it. If he was thinking of ways to evade the attack, just like she did.

Maybe they should be unpredictable? She liked the sound of it. She wondered if the sound of her command could reach Buizel and make him start a counterattack before Starly's Tackle reached him.

Then, all of a sudden, Buizel's eyes met with hers. For a nanosecond, she did nothing, then she nodded and widened her eyes. Go on, they said. Do it! Light travels faster than sound. That was another thing this 11 year old girl actually had learned in school. No... she hadn't even learnt it in school. She had learnt it on her own.

Buizel used a mentally powered up Quick Attack. Not to avoid the Tackle, but to counter it. The bird trainer had been boasting a lot. But Keira saw through it. As Buizel and Starly made impact, the world stood still for a split second. Then Starly was sent flying backwards, tumbling on the ground. When it stopped, it had fainted.

Buizel remained in place, panting. He was still standing. And he was happy.

The bird trainer seemed lost for words. "You... I... we're not done here!" he finally said. "Meet me here in... two hours! I'll be ready again! I'll beat you!"

"No way, we won! Give me my prize!" Keira said angrily.

"I have more pokémon! You must beat all to get the prize!"

"But you didn't say that from the beginning!"

"I also didn't say I couldn't change the rules!" The bird trainer even smiled now. he picked up the Starly in his arms and started to run down the road. "Two hours!" he shouted.

Keira mumbled inappropriate things, but Buizel walked up to her, smiling. That calmed her down. "Think you can take another one?" she asked him.

He replied with a happy grunt. "Alright," Keira said. "Let's go rest for a while."

Years
    @RHCP: Great! I like how you made use of Keira's knowledge of the science and apply it in battles. Also, the Water Sports trick was fun to visualize too. What a bratty birdkeeper, but oh well! Keep it going!~ :)

Buizel grew to Level 9!

Years
    Chapter 4: Bird-brained madness!!

Jaren was jogging down Route 2 as Vulpix continued riding on his shoulders. He seem to be enjoying it, so he figured that he was an out of the ball pokemon now. Jaren continued down the path as he then came across some guy with a big mouth.

"Hey you!" he yelled

"What do you want?" Jaren asked, a little aggravated

"You think you and your Vulpix ca beat me and my birds?" he jeered

"Ask me if I even care." Jaren said as he walked past him. The guy wasn't having any of that, he hurried and ran in front of Jaren.

"You have to be battle me and if you win, which of course, nobody has, then you will get a prize."

"Whatever." Jaren said as he continued walking

"For such a toughguy, I wouldn't thought you would be that much of a chicken."

That was Jaren's limit. He hated when anybody called him a chicken, normally he would have punched the guy in his nose, snatched whatever prize he had and kept going, but he was a trainer now and thinngs were different. Jaren turned around and snatched a pokeball from his belt.

"Let's go." he said

"We use 3 pokemon each! When all 3 pokemon are down, then that's when there is a winner. I battled a girl with a Buizel about an hour ago and I wasn't specific about the rules, anyway. I'm ready to take you down! Tailow! I choose you!"

The bird trainer threw the pokeball and a white light shot out and a pokemon materialized in front of them.

Jaren flipped out his pokedex,

"Tailow, the TinySwallow pokemon, Although it is small, it is very courageous. It will take on a larger Skarmory on an equal footing. Taillow is young - it has only just left its nest. As a result, it sometimes becomes lonesome and cries at night."

"All right, Zigzagoon! You're up!"

Jaren tossed the pokeball as the TinyRaccoon pokemon came out.

"Zigzagoon."

"All right Tailow, use tackle!" yelled the bird trainer

"Dodge it Zigzagoon!" yeleld Jare

Zigzagoon jumped out of the way as tailow turned around in mid-flight and slammed into Zigzagoon. Zigzagoon got up and snarled at Tailow.

"Zigzagoon, use your tackle!" yelled Jaren as Zigzagoon charged forward at Tailow, slamming into the young swallow before it could fly out of the way.

"Zigzagoon, use tackle again and again before Tailow has a chance to respond!" Jaren yelled as Zigzagoon collided into Tailow once more.

"Tailow, use Focus Energy!" yelled the bird trainer

Tailow then began glowing in a red aura, much to Jaren's surprise a red dot could be seen on Zigzagoon's shoulder.

"Why is there a red dot on his shoulder like that? I hope this doesn't mean trouble..."

"Zigzagoon! Hit Tailow with another tackle!"

"Zigzagoon!"

Zigzagoon leaped into the air and charged forward at Tailow, slamming it into it's torso. Tailow however, regained it's balanced as its trainer called for another attack.

"Tailow! Use Tackle!" yelled the bird trainer

Tailow charged forward as it slammed into Zigzagoon's shoulder, critically injuring it in the process.

"Zigzagoon!" Jaren yelled towards his pokemon

"Focus energy quadruples the chance for a critical hit ad it also points out the opponent's weak spot as well. This move is the reason why I won so many battles" the bird keeper said smiling

"Well, we're not giving up! Zigzagoon! Hit him with tackle once more!" Jaren yelled as Zigzagoon charged at Tailow

"Zigzagooooonn!"

Zigzagoon coated itself with an aura of wind as it sprinted toward Tailow with all of its might and slammed into the bird pokemon, knoocking it out.

"Taiiilooowww..." it responded weakly

"That was sheer luck." the bird trainer said as he recalled his pokemon

"Good job Zigzagoon!" complimented Jaren

"Take a rest, I'll use you later." Jaren said as he returned Zigzagoon to his pokeball

"All right, Shroomish you are next!" yelled Jaren as he threw the pokeball

"Shroom."

"Starly, stand by for battle!" yelled the Bird Trainer

"Starly."

"A Starly!" Jare exclaimed as he flipped open his pokedex

Starly, the Starling pokemon. Starly flock in great numbers. Though small, they flap their wings with great power.

"Starly, use Quick Attack!" yelled the bird trainer

"Starleeee!!" it yelled as it began slamming into Shroomish repeatedly

"Oh no! Shroomish!" yelled Jaren

Before Jaren could call an attack, Starly continued pummeling Shroomish with its speed. There was no way his Shroomish could keep up. Shroomish then fell with a thud.

"Shroomish return!" yelled Jaren as Shroomish came back to his pokeball.

Just then, Jaren looked up to see Starly moving slower because of the electric sparks surrounding it.

"Starly got hit by Shroomish's effect spore! Perfect!"

Jaren then looked over at Vulpix and nodded as it ran in fron of Jaren ready to face Starly.

"Vulpix, use ember!" yelled Jaren as fire bolts flowed out of Vulpix's mouth, hitting the paralyzed starling dead on.

"Starly, go in for a tackle!" yelled the Bird Trainer

"Vulpix! Wait for Starly to get clse enough and then blast it with an ember at full power!"

Starly flew closer to Vulpix and the fox pokemon hit Starly with a point blank ember, knocking the pokemon out cold.

"Good job Vulpix!" yelled Jaren

"Vulpix."

"Starly return!" yelled the angry bird trainer

"I can't believe you got this far. It doesn't matter though. Now it's time to use my ace."

"Bring it on. Vulpix is gonna take it down too."

"Hoothoot, get ready to win!" yelled the bird trainer as he threw his final pokeball

"Hoot."

"All right Vulpix, I know you're tired from using that powerful ember, but hang tight. You're my best pokemon. Use another Ember attack!"

"Vullllllll!!!"

Vulpix then shot the firebolts at the owl pokemon as it jumped and dodged most of them.

Vulpix turned and began firing more fire bolts at Hoothoot, as this time the Owl pokemon wasn't able to dodge as it was struck and crashed into the ground. Vulpix then ran forward shot a few more blast of fire at as well. The bird trainer knew the Hoothoot wouldn't be able to take too much more of Vulpix's ember attacks, so he decided to put an end to it.

"Alright Hoothoot, use Hypnosis!"

Then, black rings came out of Hoothoot's eyes as they hit Vulpix. Causing the fox pokemon to fall asleep.

"Vulpix! Wake up!" yelled Jaren, however it was no use as Vulpix was sound asleep

"Hoothoot not keep hitting Vulpix with tackle!"

Hoothoot began slamming into the fox pokemon, even though he was taking damage, Vulpix stayed asleep, only to be knocked out cold in three hits.

"Vulpix return!" yelled Jaren as he was also down to his final pokemon

"All right, Zigzagoon, you're my only hope!" yelled Jaren as he threw his pokeball

"Zigzagoon."

"Hoothoot, use tackle!"

Hoothoot charged towards Zigzagoon, waiting to make impact.

"Zigzagoon, get out of the way!"

Zigzagoon jumped over Hoothoot and turned around to slam into it. He got up and was ready for more. Jaren then realized that Zigzagoon was very capable of winning.

"All right, Zigzagoon, let's shake things up with Growl!"

Zigzagoon inhaled and let out an ear-shattering bark, caqusing Hoothoot to fall back a bit.

"All right, now use tackle!" yelled Jaren

Zigzagoon slammed into Hoothoot, knocking the owl pokemon back some more.

The bird trainer yelled, "Hoohoot, use Hypnosis!"

Once again, the black rings came out of Hoothoot's eyes and came towards Zigzagoon.

"Not again! Zigzagoon, close your eyes!" Jaren boomed as the TinyRaccoon followed orders

"No! It failed!" yelled the Bird Trainer

"All right Zigzagoon, send Hoothoot flying with Tackle!" yelled Jaren as Zigzagoon began running towards Hoothoot. Zigzagoon became faster and faster as he hit Hoothoot and it rolled into the bird trainer, knocking him over as well."

"All right Zigzagoon! As a matter of fact, all of you were great. Jaren smirked

"All right. I admit defeat. You have a choice of prizes, either a Sharp Beak or a Soothe Bell." The bird trainer said, holding out two different items

Jaren took the Soothe Bell, knowing the investment of such an item, especially due to having parents for pokemon breeders. Jaren then took a break with his pokemon and soon after, got back on the road to Stronewold City.

Years
    @MTE: So sorry for the slow update, I've many things to catch up. Anyways, moving on, you've very detailed and ingenious battles. Oh and actually you get both items as a prize. :D

Vulpix grew to Level 10!
    Zigzagoon grew to Level 6!
    Shroomish grew to Level 7!

Jaren received a Sharp Beak and a Soothe Bell from the BirdKeeper!

EDIT: That reminds me, go make an Inventory in the OOC thread so that you can keep track of the items! XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back