• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Pseudo-Legend

Years
  • This point may be void right now, but if these games are bringing about some new Pokemon, there's probably going to be a new pseudo accompanying them.

What type do you want to see this time? Possible Pokedex entry?
    Personally, I want to see another ground pseudo

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • We have like five Dragon pseudos, so hopefully we won't get another. Perhaps a Fire/Rock Pseudo that's fast and hits hard, but isn't a paper towel either. They can give it a cool ability to make up for the 2 4x weakness.

captainfez3

Old School Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2019
    Can't help but feel it will be a Fairy type, or maybe Fairy + Secondary Type.

Hopefully a powerful looking fairy type at that. I love the new type, but the Pokes that got bundled under the Fairy type aren't very tough or cool in my opinion (Togekiss and Gardevoir excluded obviously). I am going monotype for all my future playthroughs (or at least theme based) and I'm contemplating a fairy mono if there is some kind of epic guy I can build the whole team around. Maybe a starter with a fairy secondary?

My idea for the pseudo fairy would be a Geno-esque rip off (from Super Mario RPG). It would be some being of light that inhabits a doll and then as it evolves, it jumps into increasingly cooler looking dolls and its aura starts to burst forth. So basically a good Banette lol.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Unless it is a unique dragon type, I am kinda hoping they take a break from them and also maybe have 2 Pseudo Legend Lines like in Hoenn.

I would love to see a Fairy type, but I'm not sure what it could be based off of. If it is another Dragon types, I hope it has Ice or Fairy as a secondary type.

It would be nice to have a Ice type with maybe Electric as a secondary.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I'm totally cool with it. I would love to see a Dragon/Fairy this time. (Yes I know we have M-Altaria, but one doesn't need form changing would be good.)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Why not make Gen VII's pseudo-legendary part Bug-type? I feel like GameFreak were on the right direction (concept-wise) with Volcarona, being a fully evolved bug with a high BST. I'll be honest, any type apart from Dragon would be refreshing to see. Five out seven of is just too much now that Fairies exist.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Why not make Gen VII's pseudo-legendary part Bug-type? I feel like GameFreak were on the right direction (concept-wise) with Volcarona, being a fully evolved bug with a high BST. I'll be honest, any type apart from Dragon would be refreshing to see. Five out seven of is just too much now that Fairies exist.

I was thinking this. A Bug/Fairy I think would be amazing. But it is still hard to think of what it would be. Now if it is a spider bug type, they can go all out with that, but I don't see a spider being a fairy.

Bug/Fairy is probably my biggest want. I loved all of the Unova Bugs. They had amazing concepts to me.

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • I would really like to see a Fire pseudo, especially since they can play off the sun and moon theme. A Rock or Ground pseudo would be cool too. Is it predictable if I say I want an Ice pseudo-legendary as well? xD

Years
  • The 600 BST is always expected, and while I have a feeling it'll likely be another Dragon-type I would like to see a Ground-type one, or maybe another Rock-type like Tyranitar.

Years
  • I'd like something totally left-field in a new pseudo. Goodra for example, might still be a dragon, but it's certainly waaaayyyyy out of the general box of pseudo-legendaries. I think using something like a bug or ice or even fighting type would be a great way to go about that.

I'm not totally sure we'll get a pseudo though. I think given that 5/6 generations have given us a pseudo line chances are high we'll get one, but we can't totally rule out that they'll pull a gen 2 and not give us a new one either.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • I'd like something totally left-field in a new pseudo. Goodra for example, might still be a dragon, but it's certainly waaaayyyyy out of the general box of pseudo-legendaries. I think using something like a bug or ice or even fighting type would be a great way to go about that.

I'm not totally sure we'll get a pseudo though. I think given that 5/6 generations have given us a pseudo line chances are high we'll get one, but we can't totally rule out that they'll pull a gen 2 and not give us a new one either.

Doesn't Tyranitar count for generation 2?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'd like something totally left-field in a new pseudo. Goodra for example, might still be a dragon, but it's certainly waaaayyyyy out of the general box of pseudo-legendaries. I think using something like a bug or ice or even fighting type would be a great way to go about that.

Gen 1: Dragonite
    Gen 2: Tyranitar
    Gen 3: Salamence & Metagross
    Gen 4: Garchomp
    Gen 5: Hydreigon
    Gen 6: Goodra

Bulbapedia's requirements:
    "Pokémon that has a three-stage evolution line, 1,250,000 experience at level 100, and a base stat total of exactly 600."

Most others omit the EXP requirement.

Since Goodra's release we lost the Dual Type requirement.

So 3 Stage line and BST of 600 are the two mainly focused points. I think another point that was used was "Near legendary Pokemon on the Pokedex." but that was removed due to redundancy I think.

(Only 8 Non-Legend and Non-Mega Pokemon cross the 600 BST barrier and that's the 7 Pseudos and Slaking who has 670 BST. He isn't counted because of how he was designed with his initial draw backs unlike the Pseudos who are designed to be as strong as legendary Pokemon without restrictions.)

I'd like to see them pull another Gen 3 and give us more than one. One a Fairy type and the other a Poison type. Goodra would have been the perfect Poison type, but meh.

Last edited:

The ???

The one true question mark
    Years
  • To be honest I want a Poison type coupled with whatever is cool..
    MAYBE a pokemon that has lived and survived in radiation conditions.

A Poison/Bug maybe?

But yeah I think it'll be a fairy..

Years
  • Gen 1: Dragonite

"Pokémon that has a three-stage evolution line, 1,250,000 experience at level 100, and a base stat total of exactly 600."

So 3 Stage line and BST of 600 are the two mainly focused points. I think another point that was used was "Near legendary Pokemon on the Pokedex." but that was removed due to redundancy I think.

(Only 8 Non-Legend and Non-Mega Pokemon cross the 600 BST barrier and that's the 7 Pseudos and Slaking who has 670 BST. He isn't counted because of how he was designed with his initial draw backs unlike the Pseudos who are designed to be as strong as legendary Pokemon without restrictions.)

I'd like to see them pull another Gen 3 and give us more than one. One a Fairy type and the other a Poison type. Goodra would have been the perfect Poison type, but meh.

Oh right, Tyranitar. Somehow I always forget that it's a pseudo-legendary haha!

Years
  • I would really like to see a Fire pseudo, especially since they can play off the sun and moon theme. A Rock or Ground pseudo would be cool too. Is it predictable if I say I want an Ice pseudo-legendary as well? xD

So agree with you on the fire typing would be really cool + having it go hand in hand with the tittle theme would be really cool too.
    You know what's up.

Years
  • Gen 1: Dragonite

Yes, please! I would really love a Poison pseudo-legendary! Maybe the first-ever Poison/Psychic -type, which as it seems the new region might be a tropical-themed one I could really see as being this toad shaman, or something like that. That would be awesome.

Soopa Derp Cat

You dank memester you
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    Here's a kind of out-there idea; how about a water/bug based on a tardigrade?
    The New Pseudo-Legend

They could make it ironically huge, and call it some kind of punny name like "Hardygrade."
    The main reason this thing would make a good base for a pseudolegendary is...well, it's basically invincible. It can survive on land, underwater, in ice, in boiling water, and even, for a period of time, in space.

Base Stats (600 total)
    HP: 90
    Attack: 20
    Defense: 200
    Sp.Atk 20
    SP.Def: 250
    Speed: 20

Signature move: Patient Punch
    Base power: 100
    PP: 10
    Accuracy: Depends (more on that below)
    Type: Normal, physical

For every turn Hardygrade is on the field, 25 base power is added on, capping out at a massive 300 power. This attack's accuracy is dependant on the amount of base power it has; at the start, it only has 33%, but caps out at 100% when the attack reaches 300 power. At full power, it will also make your target flinch.

To balance out this beastly attack, its power resets to 100 every time you use it (regardless of whether or not it hits) and any time you switch Hardygrade out. Also, keep in mind, his attack stat is rubbish; it's not gonna hit quite as hard as you'd expect it to.

Signature ability: Supermassive Defense
    + Completely blocks any extra damage done by super-effective moves.
    - Can not be healed by any means.

This guy's main strength, obviously, would be essentially being a pseudolegendary Shuckle. His defenses are more or less the same, but his offensive game is a bit better, and his base HP is more than quadruple Shuckle's.

His main weakness is that he can't be healed. At all. No healing moves, no potions, not even leftovers...the only way to heal this guy is at a Pokémon center. It's not a matter of IF your opponent gets through him, it's a matter of WHEN.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2016
    I can see it being fairy too.
    I have no problems with it being dragon again, with a unused secondary type like electric/dragon, fairy/dragon or ghost/dragon.

Back