• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Shaymin.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
Years
  • Hello fellow web surfers
    do you remember my old thread (shaymin.net)?
    Well this time it is better.

This time we have a good donate button so if you donate we can update the domain to make it better and also more html stuff.

Please visit and donate

If you donate you will have a special rank on the forum (yes there is a link to a forum sorry Pokecommunity i will not link to the forum)

Link
    Shaymin.net

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • First off, you need to quit lying to people by telling them that the URL is shaymin.net, because it isn't.

Secondly, it isn't that good of a layout, and the music is a bit irritating. I suppose it is better than the last time you posted it however, so you are improving.

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    If only I had some spare cash to go and buy shaymin.net

;)

Years
  • If only I had some spare cash to go and buy shaymin.net

;)

rofl

Yea, well I didn't see the last site, and quite frankly I don't want to, if you say that you have improved, then the last one must have been shocking..

Sorry, but there isn't anything good on there, not to mention I didn't stay very long because my eyes were hurtly trying to read the very small white text amongst a field of flowers..

Rating: -5/10

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
    Years
  • I know about the background music, I dont know how the hell it got on the lol
    and for the background i am going to change that soon.

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • Errr....why not host it on your own computer/an old one in your house? D=
    It's what I do. Gets rid of a lot of hassle, and it's like $6USD a year for a .net domain D=
    Course, I'm cheap. I just have a free DynDNS account =P
    But you really should just go find a good, free layout.
    This guy has some good layouts. Because you really do need a new one. You may like Multiflex 4 or 5, and his site is Multiflex 3, as is mine, but blue.

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • Be a cool kid, install Xampp on your computer and get a DynDNS account.
    It's what I did.

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
  • Be a cool kid, install Xampp on your computer and get a DynDNS account.
    It's what I did.

Why would you do that? Anyone could hack it, screw with your network. Plus, you will be using tons more electricity.

It's a super bad idea if you don't know what your doing. But... if you really know what your doing and is an expert at Servers then go for it. But be warned...

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • is that good for FTP? and what is Xampp? and it is all free.
    Xampp has a webserver, PHP, SQL, and FTPZilla all built in.
    And all you have to do is drag and drop your files in the website folder, very easy to use.

And Tyler, doing just about anything on the internet can let you get hacked.
    Do you see PC getting hacked every day? No, you don't. Chances are very low that you will.

Pokepal2007

angels awakening
    Years
  • yes when i was making the thread i was meant to Put (Still Freewebs) and i have taken the music away and the flowers are going to change Alot

j_

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2008
    Xampp has a webserver, PHP, SQL, and FTPZilla all built in.

And Tyler, doing just about anything on the internet can let you get hacked.
    Do you see PC getting hacked every day? No, you don't. Chances are very low that you will.

Running a web server increases that risk dramatically, especially if you don't really know what you are doing (and use Xampp, for example ;) )

Kenshin

SAN-CHAAAAAANNN!
    Years
  • Running a web server increases that risk dramatically, especially if you don't really know what you are doing (and use Xampp, for example ;) )

I use Xampp because I'm lazy, not because I'm clueless.
    And still, it makes it easier, but unless you go doing stupid things like bashing hackers, you're probably not going to get hacked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back