• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Well, I got Brawl yesterday, beat Subspace (not to 100%), and started fiddling with Final Smashes. So the question is...

What is your favorite Final Smash[es]?

Mine would be Luigi. The music, the dancing, what's not to love?

A close second would be Donkey Kong's. Once you feel the rhythm, your granted with insane range & power per beat. On those Youtube videos, they make it look so bad. Simply beacuse they cannot do it right.

I like the FS because they aren't as overpowered as some would think. Even Marth's has it's drawbacks. It's predictable, and it IS stoppable. Once, in a fight against Fox, he cancelled it midway. I wsa pleased to see it has drawbacks. Anyone old enough to remember Power Stone for th Dreamcast? When you would collect all three gems, ten become powerful, but it wouldn't guarentee your victory? It's sorta like that.

So, what are yours? Even if you do not own the game, feel free to give opinions.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    Mario's is HARDCORE. I love it. He starts shootin meteor-fireball things around. it's excellent.

Can't forget Lucario's Kamehameha...

but the best? Hands down: Snake's. It's so different and original! He's on a helicopter shooting grenade for crying out loud!

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    As much as I hate (reffering to #2) to say it, my favorites are
    1. Luigi (You get a easy Coinuken if they are taunting or slip.)
    2. Ice Climbers (I was watching the a video on Youtube and the opposition received over 100% damage from that attack.)
    3. Falco (His Landmaster can fly. Far. And High)
    4. Ike (Great Aether looks mad cool)
    5. Cap. Falcon (The only FS with a cutscene)
    And my least favorite
    1. Diddy Kong (His Rocket Boosters are too hard to control.)
    2. Jigglypuff (Getting big is good, but it could have been an animated one with her singing, getting mad drawing on faces and getting a hyper mode because she's mad.
    3. Metaknight (Galaxia Darkness is way too narrow)
    4. Kirby (His strongest mode is when he sings. But that will be too many music finishers.)

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
    Well in order my favs are:
    1)Fox's Land Master (this thing kill anything on the field)
    2)Captain Falcon's Big Blue(animation...)
    3)Ganandorf FS (The monster is so cool)
    4)Ike's Grand Aether (This one rocks)
    5)Sonic (Amazing)

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
    Years
    Captain Falcon's is so cool. And Cook Kirby is <3

Meta's "Behold..." *slash* is some sort of combination between hilarious and awesome.

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2008
    My favorites are luigis for humor, jigglys because its insane on most medium/smaller stages when played right, and I like both the links. Honestly i like getting the final smash with anyone though, theyre all interesting and good :3

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Even though I don't own SSBB, I have seen the final Smashes, and the one that impresses me the most, honestly, is Ike's Aether in it. So I will go for that.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    I pre-ordered SSBB, but I'm on vacation, so I can't play it until I get home. ;_;

My favorite FSs.
    Mario Finale - Oh yeah...HEEEYAAAAHHH! The attack just looks so awesome. =P
    Great Aether - Looks epic, and deals a lot of damage to groups.
    Luigi's Acid Trip Negative Zone - Cheap shots with Luigi's Taunt and Fire Jump Punch. (his taunt now makes that sweet home-run bat sound. =D)
    Wario Man - Have you seen how much damage a fully charged Wario Waft can do during this transformation? About 75%
    Dark Beast Ganon - meh, I just like it. I'm slightly biased towards Ganny.
    LAAAAANDMASTTTTUUUUUR! (mostly Falco's and Wolf's) - I'd love it if four Foxs, Wolfs, Falcos used this attack at the same time on a small stage. It'd also be funny to watch your opponent tumble off the edge while using it.
    Puff Up - Covers a LOT of volume on small stages. You can also do a glitch with this.

Marth's FS, lol. I heard people say that he'll SD if he misses with it.

Last edited:

Cloud_85

Templar Patriarch
    Years
    I pre-ordered SSBB, but I'm on vacation, so I can't play it until I get home. ;_;

My favorite FSs.
    Mario Finale - Oh yeah...HEEEYAAAAHHH! The attack just looks so awesome. =P
    Great Aether - Looks epic, and deals a lot of damage to groups.
    Luigi's Acid Trip Negative Zone - Cheap shots with Luigi's Taunt and Fire Jump Punch. (his taunt now makes that sweet home-run bat sound. =D)
    Wario Man - Have you seen how much damage a fully charged Wario Waft can do during this transformation? About 75%
    Dark Beast Ganon - meh, I just like it. I'm slightly biased towards Ganny.
    LAAAAANDMASTTTTUUUUUR! (mostly Falco's and Wolf's) - I'd love it if four Foxs, Wolfs, Falcos used this attack at the same time on a small stage. It'd also be funny to watch your opponent tumble off the edge while using it.
    Giga Jiggly (unofficial) - Covers a LOT of volume on small stages. You can also do a glitch with this.

Marth's FS, lol. I heard people say that he'll SD if he misses with it. (is that true?)
    Giga Jiggly is official and yes, Marth can SD if hew misses on the air..

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Marth's FS can also be cancelled. I tried it on Fox, but he countered, and I stopped halfway through. Plus, if you miss on the ground, he'll stamer at the edge, so the enemy can get a free hit. It's balanced.

And it's Puff Up for Jigglypuff.

Not only is it great on small stages, it's great on large ones as well. All about using it at the edge.

Ness/Lucas Fs is a bit annoying at first. It can go off not hitting, or doing massive damage. Try to get the opponent in the air.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I got Brawl on Sunday, and I have to say that it's pretty much the best game ever.

I haven't seen many of the Smashes, but my favorites are:

Lucario: In a one-on-one match, this is pretty much a guaranteed kill.
    Snake: Easy to get a hit on an opponent, plus it does good damage. Reminds me of the Dragoon.
    Pokemon Trainer: Simple and effective. Super Effective, to be specific.
    Jigglypuff: Giant Jiggly is the best idea ever.

.:LemonTea:.

omg. heart attack. o.o
    Years
    I went to my friend's house and we and another one of my friends played on her Wii. She had just gotten Brawl at the midnight release, and I'm not into playing video games much, but I really liked that game. I was always Marth or Link, and my other friend was always Meta Knight. The friend who had the Wii was always Ike, and I have to admit Ike's final Smash is pretty amazing.

turismo

The one and only
    Years
    i like samus's because if you get caught in the blast man forget about its over and plus she goes to zero suit samus.

2.id say snakes because its just cool.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
    It's the third game in a series of 4-player fighting games by Nintendo. You can play as lots of Nintendo characters such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Pikachu, and many others.
    There are items and stages basd on different Nintendo games as well.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB) has new features, like online play, and third-party characters.
    Spoiler:

It's hard to fully explain everything, so there's more information here.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._%28series%29
    (I hope this doesn't count as advertising) ^_^;

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    i like metaknights . its pretty good but i think the most destuctive final smash is rob his is imensly powerful. i wish meta knights was when he crashes the halberd on all enemies but it would b way to overpowerd

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Lucario's Aura Storm is top.
    Next would be ike
    Then marth.

^ Those are my top three, they are so dang fun to use. :D

Back