• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phixum

Little presence of insanity
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Comparing yourself to Albert Einstein, Phixum? That's a little much, don't you think?

I mean, if you want to reach for the stars then far be it from me to stop you, but trying to reach a level so unimaginably high could cause some disappointments later on in life. Just be you and I'm sure you will go far!
    (Corny little line, but it really is true. ;D)

This is nothing less than being totally realistic. Anyone could do anything if they put their heart and time to it though. Take Stephen Hawking as an example.

Still, I think what you said is totally valid. This might sound a bit funny, but thanks for telling me; I'm having very serious issues, so I find it difficult to tell reality from fantasy Xp lol

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I definitely will! :)

I'll admit I was a bit shy at first but after a few posts I became more confident.
    That's what we want to hear, Christina!
    Now you're truly experiencing the Pokecommunity! I'm sure you're going to have a blast now. ;D

Thanks, I managed to obtain a copy of the LeafGreen+ patch. It's a shame that you can't actually patch the ROM; you have to just play the file with both the rom and the ips having the same name. Darn...I was hoping to have a copy for my PSP...
    Well, if it is an IPS file, then you should be able to permanently apply the patch using Lunar IPS. That should give you a ROM file that could be emulated on the PSP. However, a better place to discuss this would be the Emulation section as they can probably answer your question better than I.

This is nothing less than being totally realistic. Anyone could do anything if they put their heart and time to it though. Take Stephen Hawking as an example.

Still, I think what you said is totally valid. This might sound a bit funny, but thanks for telling me; I'm having very serious issues, so I find it difficult to tell reality from fantasy Xp lol
    I wasn't refuting your point, Phixum. As I said, I encourage everyone I meet to reach for the stars. You're right, there is no limit to what one can achieve if they put their mind and soul into it. Determination is a powerful thing.

What I suppose I was trying to imply was that goals as high as you just described should be broken down into smaller, more managable steps. First, get a degree in this. Second, develop a thesis such as this, etc. By taking small steps you could be amazed how fast you could reach your overall objective.

Good luck with your endeavors, my friend!

Phixum

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I wasn't refuting your point, Phixum. As I said, I encourage everyone I meet to reach for the stars. You're right, there is no limit to what one can achieve if they put their mind and soul into it. Determination is a powerful thing.

What I suppose I was trying to imply was that goals as high as you just described should be broken down into smaller, more managable steps. First, get a degree in this. Second, develop a thesis such as this, etc. By taking small steps you could be amazed how fast you could reach your overall objective.

Good luck with your endeavors, my friend!

Thank you very much! And of course, that's my plan. I did understand what you said, but I guess I misrepresented my reply Xp

I don't really have a specific goal yet, therefore, wanting to be like someone is a bit... useless? (I don't know what's the word). I think I should only aspire to be like someone once I set my mind on a goal. Right now, I'm dedicating much of my time to my studies, and I am doing well, but nothing too specific. To be able to make a change, I need to figure out the answer. This answer has to come from a question. I haven't found my question yet. =)

Phixum

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    I'm aspiring to be a biomedical doctor. Right now, I'm doing fine in my bachelor degree. I need 3.40 GPA at least to be accepted into med school. If I get 3.40, I actually guarantee my acceptance (long story of why I'm an exception). So far, I seem to be doing okay. However, I'm not sure if I want to practice on humans... I think I'm mostly into basic, bench research.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
    Well I guess I'm not really a newbie anymore since I joined yesterday. xD But, I guess I can be though. Well on the topic of what you want to be.. I would like to be a Ichthyologist. Or a fish scientist. :)

i think normal science is already enough for me but good luck dude

Shadowmike16

Luxray Trainer
    Years
    Hey I can be friends with anyone. I'm new here and the name is Michael. So add me please :) And does anyone have the event pokemon? I really need them. Please.

Silverwings-Lumina

Ravenbound Evolution
    Years
    Hi, everybody. This is my second post ever since I joined (And that was like a few days ago because I've been lurking in the forum.) Uh, well..
    So... Any friends that I can make? And if you're talking about what we're gonna be in the future... I'm aspiring to be an artist/lawyer or something. I don't know. :S Read the FAQ. Sorry for posting such a stupid question just now. ._. *Nodds*

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Hey I can be friends with anyone. I'm new here and the name is Michael. So add me please :) And does anyone have the event pokemon? I really need them. Please.
    Welcome to the Pokecommunity, Michael! I'm sure you will make lot's of friends, no need to worry about that. ;D

It looks like you have found your way to the Wi-Fi Trading Corner, so no need to direct you there for assistance with event. Good luck with your trades!

Hey, my profile is always open if you have any questions or would just like to have chat.

Hi, everybody. This is my second post ever since I joined (And that was like a few days ago because I've been lurking in the forum.) Uh, well..
    So... Any friends that I can make? And if you're talking about what we're gonna be in the future... I'm aspiring to be an artist/lawyer or something. I don't know. :S Read the FAQ. Sorry for posting such a stupid question just now. ._. *Nodds*
    Lurking just isn't as much fun as posting!
    (You couldn't resist the urge to post, could you? xD)

Welcome to PC, Lumina. I know you will make friends here. Just about everyone is friendly. As I told Michael, there truly is nothing to worry about on that subject.

An artist or lawyer? Wow, those are polar-opposites there! Good luck with your future, my friend.
    Well, I don't believe in stupid questions, Lumina.
    (Only stupid answers that come from yours truly. xD)
    It's great that you found and read the FAQ, however. It's just full of helpful little tid bits, isn't it?

Take care and I hope to see you around.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Well, I do hope your posts are going to be helpful and courteous.
    (Quality over quantity, right? ;D)

Welcome to the Pokécommunity, DarkPrince.
    It's pretty great that you're an active forum-goer. I'm sure we would all love another regular member posting on the ol' PC.
    (After all, one can never have too many!)

I do hope I will have the opportunity to see you around, my friend.

Take care and have a wonderful stay!

Phixum

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    Hi guys! I am new here too. I just love forums and you will see my posts mount up high.

In the first forum I was active on, I was posting around 150 posts a day O.o ROFL!

Gaaah... Too much school work. It's kind of awkward how students keep complaining when they should be grateful they're getting decent, fine education -_-;

Silverwings-Lumina

Ravenbound Evolution
    Years
    (You couldn't resist the urge to post, could you? xD)

O_O Ahh! You can read minds! You're psychic! >< Affirmative. I started with posting one post and I sort of got "hooked". Now I have the urge to post at least five posts everyday, due to this forum's activeness. And I'm glad to say this is my favorite hang-out in the whole forum XD

In the first forum I was active on, I was posting around 150 posts a day O.o ROFL!

Whaa..? 150 POSTS A DAY? That is like, 15 times of the number of posts I post per day (Or maybe even more, because my calculations are really bad. My Math gets a FAIL. ><) Don't you like, get tired or something? I can't even post 20 posts in a day because of the evil fact that I run out of things to say... Usually.

.. I'll start to be more active in this forum.

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    I am psychic...
    Now get Hiidoran a cookie or he will read your mind and announce all your secrets to the community! xD
    (Yeah, I wish I was psychic...)

It's great that you're having such a great time around here, my friend. Perhaps just as great is your ambition to be an active member. PC can never have too many regulars! :3

Yeah, the New User's Hangout is pretty cool, but it's mostly for feedback and questions. If you want a fun place to hang out and chat, the Daily Chit Chat is the place for you! I enjoy posting in there myself.
    (I'm sure you are free to stay here if that is what you wish, however. You are still new after all.)

Take care, Lumina.

Shiari Xero

Completely Original
    Years
    This is my first forum, and so far, I am a little active in posts, very active in veiwing posts. (I am shy about posting because I am afraid of stating something wrong. Or being A Newb >.<)

Phixum

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Sep 23, 2012
    This is my first forum, and so far, I am a little active in posts, very active in veiwing posts. (I am shy about posting because I am afraid of stating something wrong. Or being A Newb >.<)

OMG, you're such a newb...
    ... XDD I'M JUST KIDDING!
    Well, I don't think you should we worried that much. If you read the rules, you'll be fine. I think slight mistakes are forgivable as long as you don't persist. I'm not an admin or a mod to say this, but I think it's pretty rational.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Well let me just say that you're doing just fine for your first forum.
    Xero, don't worry about making mistakes here. It's going to happen eventually, we're all new at one point in time. To tell the truth, it's better to make your mistakes now than when you've been here for a while. ;D

Besides, you can't really say the wrong thing anyway. As long as your posts abide by the Community Rules and are not seen as problematic or harrasing, then it matters not what your viewpoint on a subject is. Post whatever you feel like saying, Xero. Be whoever you want to be. [/inspirational message]

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    Hey theres nothing to really be worried bout Shiara.
    Honestly there are plenty of people who are noobier than you even think you are xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back