• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hello! I'm new to the forum. I'm mostly here for the game development section; I'm an ex-sorta-professional Java programmer and have been toying around with Pokemon fan games for a few years now. (Ex-sorta-professional cause I got the degree, got the job, didn't like it after all and moved on after a short six months of work. Sad, huh?) I live in California with my boyfriend and two very silly cats, and my perfect Pokemon team would be Vaporeon-Ivysaur-Raichu-Sneasel. Just four, that's all I want. : )

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Wow, it's not every day we get a professional programmer in our midst!

Welcome to the Pokécommunity forums, my dear.

Hope you have fun posting around the forums; I must remember to keep an eye on the various projects I assume you will be posting over in Game Development.

Good luck finding a vocation that better suits you as well. See you around the boards.

Years
  • Thanks! I'm not posting anything on my own game until it's more solid. Right now I'm implementing the necessary stuff in pieces (battle engine, stat rules enforcer, blah blah) and will share them open-source as they get done. That way even if my game never gets done, it'll still be useful to someone. There don't seem to be a lot of Java folks here, but hopefully someone will find a use for it.

As for the job, I just got accepted as a website content manager for a little nonprofit, and it's great to be doing something I feel good about and where I get some human interaction for more than 10 minutes a day...that was the problem with programming; it's so isolating.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Yes, I wouldn't surmise that many people around this community would know JAVA. Heck, I can barely wrap my head around VB and Actionscript. -.- However, I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy using your open source files. Who knows, you could start a new trend in game creation through the JAVA platform!

I can imagine how isolating a career in programming might become. At least with web design you can consult your fellow employees for input, am I right? Good to hear that you're doing something that makes you happy. Plus, you now have PC to post around in when you feel like slacking off a bit, eh?
    (This community does get rather addicting, trust me... XD)

Years
  • Hiya, I'm new, but I've had many experience on many pokemon chat and fan sites. I grew up watching the anime, but the manga's my new obssesion...I hope I can find my way around here...-gets lost- xD, Just kidding~, I just like adding uneeded humor in some of my posts... Anyways..-goes modify profile-...

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • That's alright Ookami, I used to make horrible puns that friends would constantly chastise me for. But did that stop me from making them? XD
    (Sadly the answer to that is yes. Not very inspirational, huh?)

Hope you enjoy the manga as much as I did. Even though I have drifted a bit from most of the Pokémon franchise, I still hold the manga very dearly. If you haven't done so already, I would suggest browsing through this sub-forum right here:
    Pokémon Manga / Comics

If you ever do get lost, just try and navigate your way back to this thread with this handy escape rope.
    (*Gasp* I just made a reference to Pokémon!)

Enjoy the boards, my friend!

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    I'm looking to download the latest and greatest Shiny Gold from ZEL. Would that be V4? I hear there is a V5 and possibly a V6?

If that's true... what page would I find it on?

I loved playing the game a year ago. I'm trying to find out whats changed since then.

Please and Thanks

- H

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Well, I haven't been on the hacking scene in quite a while, so I'm afraid I don't know what beta is currently the newest. However, my guess would be that the newest download and information would be here:
    Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Zel seems to have put his project thread on hold as of right now, but it's still a good resource to check.

Welcome to the Pokécommunity, Hamidtheking. Hope it helped.

OpengOpeng

Biogenetic creature of lulz
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    It's mah first day on poke community! This place is awesome!
    Anyway...
    Wazzup party people?!?!

Years
  • Yes umm Hello

Hiya im Rivertalon ( River for short ) Today marks my third day here at PokeCommunity. Im looking forward to having LOADS of fun! If you have usfull information or just wanna welcome me Contact Me at My profile or even here if ya want!

*GASPEZ* I THOUGHT NO ONE WAS ALIVE ON THIS FOURM ANY MORE!
    LETS HOPE I AMS WRONGZ!PLZ OH PLZ ANSWER ME O>O

Hiya im Rivertalon ( River for short ) Today marks my third day here at PokeCommunity. Im looking forward to having LOADS of fun! If you have usfull information or just wanna welcome me Contact Me at My profile or even here if ya want!

If Your wondering where i got *GASPEZ* From those of you who have watched finding nemo mustis remember dori or whatever her name was say and i quote "ESCAPAE" instead of the corect way "Escape"

I AM CHANGING MY SIGNATURE
    OMG RETARDED PICACHU GOT IN THE WAY OF MY FAV> COLORS!!! >.<
    Fixed it :D im happy again

Last edited:

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Hiya im Rivertalon ( River for short ) Today marks my third day here at PokeCommunity. Im looking forward to having LOADS of fun! If you have usfull information or just wanna welcome me Contact Me at My profile or even here if ya want!

If Your wondering where i got *GASPEZ* From those of you who have watched finding nemo mustis remember dori or whatever her name was say and i quote "ESCAPAE" instead of the corect way "Escape"

I AM CHANGING MY SIGNATURE
    OMG RETARDED PICACHU GOT IN THE WAY OF MY FAV> COLORS!!! >.<
    Fixed it :D im happy again
    I choose right here to welcome you then. Oh, trust me, there are quite a few people alive on this forum; simply be patient and you will get a response.

I'm sure you're going to have LOADS of fun as well, Rivertalon. Congrats on making your signature, though I believe you should check out this thread and see if it is within the limits:
    Signature rules and review thread

See you around!

Hello all! It's like my ... fifth or sixth day, and I'm just testing the waters I suppose..

Second day, and I havn't said a word. So...Hey.

It's mah first day on poke community! This place is awesome!
    Anyway...
    Wazzup party people?!?!

Sup people? Been a lurker on pc for a long time, just opted to join for once. xP
    Welcome to the rest of you guys as well. Hope you're all getting along well.

Mewliveson

Ranger Emilee
    Years
  • Hello all pokefans! I am so stoked to be here! I found this website after randomly surfing the web for things. If you cant tell I am a HUGE Mew fan! I have always believed that Mew is sort of the pokemon that started it all. Its lasted from the beginning and i think it will continue to appear for the future. Hence my username:Mewliveson! I am also a major pokemon roleplayer so if anyone has any recommendations i would be happy to hear them! Thanks hope to talk to you all soon! MLO

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Hello right back at 'ya!

Glad to see that you're excited to join our humble community, Mewliveson. We're always happy to have new blood members posting around!

So, you're into all the origin theories and such that tend to circulate around the Pokémon fanbase? Quite an interesting topic to discuss, I must agree. I do believe there have been quite a few threads on this very subject over in the Pokémon General forum. However, you're free to make a discussion if there is not.

Hope you enjoy yourself here, my friend.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Hello all pokefans! I am so stoked to be here! I found this website after randomly surfing the web for things. If you cant tell I am a HUGE Mew fan! I have always believed that Mew is sort of the pokemon that started it all. Its lasted from the beginning and i think it will continue to appear for the future. Hence my username:Mewliveson! I am also a major pokemon roleplayer so if anyone has any recommendations i would be happy to hear them! Thanks hope to talk to you all soon! MLO
    Welcome to this amazing website, Mewliveson! There are many other Mew fans around here, so you may find a lot while roaming around randomly. Good luck to you and see you in the near future (hopefully).

Furu*Chikara*Usagi

Insane Legendary Trainer
    Years
  • Okay, I don't know how this happened, but I just remembered I had an account on here from August! XP

I really love this site so far, and I really hope to post a Fanfiction up here soon. (I'm already working on it).

Oh, yeah, and Shaymin is about my favorite Pokemon that exists today! XD

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Hey there.

Well, at least you did remember your old pal, Pokécommunity. It would have been a shame if your account ended up to be one of the hundreds of accounts that just sit and collect e-dust; nice to have you here.

Good luck on your fanfiction, FCU. Welcome back to the forums.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back