• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
  • Hi im a new user and i just wanted to know if somone could help me
    Try asking your question in the Simple Questions and Answers Thread over in Emulation. The active members over there will be able to help you out much better than most of us here in NU/W could.

I hope the community is nicer then in smogon )they were too adicted to battling and strategies).
    People say we're a pretty friendly Pokémon forum... hope that holds true for you. :D

hey whats up everybody is this websit any good
    Stick around and find out for yourself, eh?

Welcome aboard, everyone.

supermania23

I LOVE HAN HYO JOO!!!!!!
    Years
  • Hi to all... I'm just a newbie here..
    I would like to ask if what ROM is better to hack..
    RUBY or FIRERED??

Can you tell me there advantages and disadvantages? ^_____^

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Most people go for Fire Red... simply because there are more resources for it. Then again, I haven't really hacked in a long while... perhaps Ruby has taken favorite these days. Hehe, your best bet in finding answers to questions like these would be to look around the Emulation board yourself and see what other up-and-coming hackers are hacking.

Unless, of course, you want more of my half-correct answers. :D

Welcome aboard, by the way!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2010
    Hello, I'm Greenfinger. I just joined this forum today but I've been sniffing around and it seems like a quality place. I play HeartGold on my DS right now, but I've been playing since I was eight. Anyone else remember sitting under a lamp with Gameboy Pocket plugged into the wall just thinking about what a dick Gary was? Anyway, I'm glad to have become a part of this forum and look forward to participating as much as I can.
    -GF.

pidge14

pidge14 has evolved into Peejeotto!
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Dec 19, 2019
    Hello, I'm Greenfinger. I just joined this forum today but I've been sniffing around and it seems like a quality place. I play HeartGold on my DS right now, but I've been playing since I was eight. Anyone else remember sitting under a lamp with Gameboy Pocket plugged into the wall just thinking about what a dick Gary was? Anyway, I'm glad to have become a part of this forum and look forward to participating as much as I can.
    -GF.

hey there nice to meet ya GF. haha yea for me it was under the covers with my gameboy color and a flashlight cuz my parents told me to go to bed 4 times already. xD good times. good times.

Hi guys, i just became a member. So i'm super new.

welcome to pc. :D i hope ya like it here pokeball

supermania23

I LOVE HAN HYO JOO!!!!!!
    Years
  • Well yeah.. guess I'll go with Firered...
    anyways, thanks for answering my question...
    Never though MODS could be friendly.. tnx :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Never though MODS could be friendly.. tnx :D
    Whaaa...? D:

Moderators are members too, you know. We may have some extra permissions around the board, but if we weren't friendly, we'd have like... no friends. Without friends there wouldn't be much of a point in being here, now would there?

Good luck with the hacking business, Supermania. o/

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    Hey everybodey! i am new to this whole thread thing. so i have a couple questions. I noticed above that a couple of people had a picture of their trainer ID card, how dose one get that picture? and how do you make a new thread?
    I hope to hear from you soon Thanks. Ps I have a lot of Eevee's i am willing to trade (thats why i want to know how to make a new thread, thought it would be more organized if i had a thread made solely for my eevee trade.) Thanks again. :3

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    I noticed above that a couple of people had a picture of their trainer ID card, how dose one get that picture?
    From my understanding, most people don't use the ID card from their games directly, rather they're made online. There's a lot of websites where you can make a trainer card quite easily, like this one.

As far as making a new thread, it's as simple as clicking the "thread" button in the top-left corner of any specific forum. For your Eevee trades, you should probably make your thread in the Trade Corner.

Hope this helped!!

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2010
    Why thank you very much. I greatly apreaciate the help. :D

Yay it worked. a litle small though... I will fix that.
    Thanks again!

Attachments

• The New Users' Hangout
      Trainer Card.gif
      14.2 KB · Views: 39
    Last edited by a moderator:

Erin

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
    • Age 32
    • SA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2010
    You'll need to add the ID Card to your signature, which you can do from the User Control Panel (first choice on the top selection-bar).

Reading the Rules might be a good idea, too. Should answer a lot of the questions you may have and help you learn a few more details and guidelines.

Honeyfoot

Made of Glowsticks
    Years
  • Hi there. I'm Honeyfoot, and I love warriors as well as Mario, Metroid, Star Fox, and Pokemon!
    I'm hoping I will have a great time here.

smilewolfy

pokemon photographer
    Years
  • hey everyone, my 1st day here, i hope to make many friends, but when u hav friends on your profile, will that do anything? And how do you know if someone else has posted on a thread that you posted on without quoting you, thankyou

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    o hai, Welcome to PC guys. :3

hey everyone, my 1st day here, i hope to make many friends, but when u hav friends on your profile, will that do anything? And how do you know if someone else has posted on a thread that you posted on without quoting you, thankyou

Eeeeh, well having friends added won't do anything but show others that you're friends with them. It's mostly just for your convenience, though. & As for seeing replies to your posts.. all you can do is subscribe to the thread, and maybe check your User CP. That'll tell you what threads have new replies, but there's no way to know who replied to your specific post - unless you just skim through the thread yourself. D:

There currently is no easier way, you'll just have to keep an eye on the thread.

Years
    • Age 23
    • PA
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Hi I'm new here and uh.. well I can be talkative and fun once I get to know people I'm also a little shy too. And so far I'm liking this site. ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back