• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The New Users' Hangout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hyello peoples. I'm a newbie here on the forums, but I've been playing since Red/Blue. I don't really do competitive battling that much, but I'm open to friendly matches and Pokemon trades.

I am currently working on getting a specific team together for the HGSS Battle Tower though, so if anyone has any input on that venture, feel free to comment!

Nice meeting you, Boxman.

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    Hello~ I am WitchChao, though if you get around the internet well enough you may also know of me as just Chao (where Chao is a suitable/untaken user name). I'm a newbie to the forum, but I'm a pretty hardcore Pokemon fan. I have my copy of Pokemon Black on pre order, so I'll probably get it on Sunday and be preoccupied with that for most of the month~

Aside from being a Pokemon fan though, I have a deep interest in hacking, and it seems there are quite a few avid hackers here. I have an undertaking in hacking by composing my own Pokemon Hack (which I will introduce to you soon), so I'd thought I'd give a little and get a little by joining up. I compose music, draw digital artwork and craft pixel art and sprites. Most of these skills can serve a dual purpose of both entertaining you and serving any hacks if need be.

Be gentle with me considering I'm both new to the community and semi-new to hacking (I've hacked games before; just not Pokemon).

Cyb3r0t4ku

Unova Elite
    Years
  • Hi all - I'm very new here ^-^ - still a hardcore Pokemon fanboy at 22 :p. I import lots of Japanese games and would like to chat to people from Japan that can help me out with reading and understanding the language. That's my excuse when people ask me why I import Japanese games. It saves me explaining to them what 'otaku' means ;)

randaddy

Fresh Prince of Neoh
    Years
  • Hey im new to the pokecommunity place. I wanna make a hack like the ones here, but most of my programs arent working. As soon as i get them working, ill make beta 1. The game is going to be called ShinyJade, a hck of firered, but no relation to the fake game Jade for the gbc. can someone help me? Please?! this will be the first place ill post all the betas. Thanks, randaddy. PS does anyone here have a gaiaonline? If so, Im Doomedrandaddy so please friend me. Thanks

37h4n

Apprentice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Hello~ I am WitchChao, though if you get around the internet well enough you may also know of me as just Chao (where Chao is a suitable/untaken user name). I'm a newbie to the forum, but I'm a pretty hardcore Pokemon fan. I have my copy of Pokemon Black on pre order, so I'll probably get it on Sunday and be preoccupied with that for most of the month~

Aside from being a Pokemon fan though, I have a deep interest in hacking, and it seems there are quite a few avid hackers here. I have an undertaking in hacking by composing my own Pokemon Hack (which I will introduce to you soon), so I'd thought I'd give a little and get a little by joining up. I compose music, draw digital artwork and craft pixel art and sprites. Most of these skills can serve a dual purpose of both entertaining you and serving any hacks if need be.

Be gentle with me considering I'm both new to the community and semi-new to hacking (I've hacked games before; just not Pokemon).

I am new here, and I love hacking as well! I have never hacked a game but I like to program things and tweak stuff. What are you going to hack, and how are you going to do it?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2012
    Hey I'm new here :). I'm a huge Pokemon fan, and have nearly every game of there's. I'm not really a fan of competitive battling or EV training, but that's due to limited knowledge rather than actual dislike, so hopefully that will change. I also am a massive reader, wich also includes manga. Hope that introduces me.

37h4n

Apprentice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Sorry if this isn't a very smart question, but what is OU, UU, uber, etc.?

I'm new so I don't know that much.

These are pokemon tiers. They are used mostly in competitive battling.

Uber = Supreme, Above All

OU = Over Used

BL = Borderline

UU = Underused

NFE = Not fully evolved

NU = Never Used

Last edited:

Munchlax Master

Unbeatable Trainer
    Years
  • love this place

pokecommunity is awesome so far!! im working on a pokemon hack and i cant wait until i finish enough of it so i can put a thread and demo up!

Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Heeelp

Hi there , i've just started this website , and i was wondering if anyone could help me catch suicune in heart gold ?
    Now the problem is , i beat the whole game , and red before i even tried to catch him , the last place i saw him was right in front of mahogony .
    He's supposedly suppose to be in vermillion next but i don't see him anywhere around ?
    HELLP

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    Hi guys, brand new here... Frankly I feel stupid for not knowing this place existed a long time ago. I'm 26... a total poke nerd and I refuse to change!

I even wrote my own Pokerap but thats not important right now. I'm just excited to be a member of a awesome community of like minded pokefriends. :-)

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    hey all :) i am the snivy king i love him hes just the best pokemon of all time hahaha :) now thats out the way i havnt been on in a long time and dunno whats going on lols

Years
  • Hello everyone! Yet another Newbie to the forums here. Looking forward to making new friends and getting to know the site better.

Hybird Mess

The Northen Light
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    Heyyy guys ! I'm in to pokemon and i was thinking about getting into Wifi battles Maybe get some breeding/ trading on the go but it's kinda hard to do that by yourself.. :( SO i thought to myself Join a forum ! I notice that this one has been going a while but please if you could reply :D would like to get in to this thing more than i already am :D x

These are pokemon tiers. They are used mostly in competitive battling.

Uber = Supreme, Above All

OU = Over Used

BL = Borderline

UU = Underused

NFE = Not fully evolved

You forgots NU for never used :D

Last edited:

37h4n

Apprentice Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Heyyy guys ! I'm in to pokemon and i was thinking about getting into Wifi battles Maybe get some breeding/ trading on the go but it's kinda hard to do that by yourself.. :( SO i thought to myself Join a forum ! I notice that this one has been going a while but please if you could reply :D would like to get in to this thing more than i already am :D x

You forgots NU for never used :D

Oops, I did. Let me go fix that. :)

Years
  • I'm new here. Just found out about this site despite the fact that I'm almost 21. Ya I still play pokemon but I'm a video game nerd in general. I used to own all the pokemon games with the exception of new black and white. However I graciously gave them to my younger brother (I'm so nice, lol) so I am startiing back up again with SoulSilver and I can't wait to buy the new Black and White

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2016
    I have to wonder how many people will be renaming their Snivy, Smugleaf. Or how many people will be getting Snivy over their usual fire pokemon.... because thats where I am.

I'm new here. Just found out about this site despite the fact that I'm almost 21. Ya I still play pokemon but I'm a video game nerd in general. I used to own all the pokemon games with the exception of new black and white. However I graciously gave them to my younger brother (I'm so nice, lol) so I am startiing back up again with SoulSilver and I can't wait to buy the new Black and White

No shame. I'm 26 and I just found this place yesterday. Ha.

I missed Gen 3 like most people but got reignited when Fire Red came out and went straight for Pearl & Diamond. I can't wait for Sunday!

Last edited:

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
    Years
  • Hi there , i've just started this website , and i was wondering if anyone could help me catch suicune in heart gold ?
    Now the problem is , i beat the whole game , and red before i even tried to catch him , the last place i saw him was right in front of mahogony .
    He's supposedly suppose to be in vermillion next but i don't see him anywhere around ?
    HELLP

I caught all three without a master ball. My trick is to train a level 100 Sceptile and then teach it False Swipe with a TM. I kept following them and I marked locations that they would stay in the most. Also, always bike toward them until you are a few routes away. Then go on foot. When you enter a new town, they seem to move slightly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Re: The New Users Hangout

Hello everyone..I'm also new here and haven't really been to anything like this before.Looking forward to making new friends and getting to know the site better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back