• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The new Zelda game

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    It looks really cool...... look at the screens! No storyline available yet, or release date. We can speculate about it here. It may be that it is the sequel to WW ( I doubt it though), but off of my guess, it's a sequell to Oot. There is enough evedince to say the game takes place in Hyrule. .

Update! The Movie is here!

Link riding away in the night sky..... Hyrule Castle there means we are back in Hyrule!
    The new Zelda game

THAT looks amazingly realistic...... and it's not FMV!
    The new Zelda game

Link is ready for anything!
    The new Zelda game

Those guys kind resemble Dinofoses... but I'll just call them ugly guys.
    The new Zelda game

A classic Zelda boss!
    The new Zelda game

Looks like the eye looking at stuff (like looking at somthing important on the ground during play) from WW is still gonna be here.
    The new Zelda game

Link fighting more ugly guys.
    The new Zelda game

Looks like a dungeon.
    The new Zelda game

You can fight enemies on horseback?
    The new Zelda game

You CAN fight enimies on horseback!
    The new Zelda game

It's pretty cool eh? We'll dicuss it here!

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Miyamaoto said that it's definitely the sequel of Wind Waker. He said that since Wind Waker 1 focused on Link as a child (with tha cel-shaded graphics and Link's actual physical appearance), Wind Waker 2 shall focus on Link as a teenager, hence the mush more vivid and realistic graphics. The pictures are amazing... but they're nothing new to me as I've seen them for about a month now in Nintendo Official Magazine UK (I hate typing all that out :/)

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I knew about it for a long time too. I just thought I'd share it with everybody.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Ya, I saw these at E3,lol.^^ Oh well they are nice pictures...the graphics got great. Though never trust Miyamoto with this...

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    You went to E3? I wish I went. And what do you mean by never trust Miyatomo with this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkLink said:
    You went to E3? I wish I went. And what do you mean by never trust Miyatomo with this?
    You remember seeing the very first preveiw ever for windwaker? It looked just like this...and we got cellchadedd...which wasent a bad thing but I wanted a more adult feel to it.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Oh....... I remember! I think Miyatomo won't do it this time, though.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Yeah, but judging by the complete sucess of OOT, compared to WW, which led away many Zelda fans ,I think Miyatomo might not change it this time.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DarkLink said:
    Yeah, but judging by the complete sucess of OOT, compared to WW, which led away many Zelda fans ,I think Miyatomo might not change it this time.
    Guess your right....either way I still havent played WW,lol. I dont think you can fight on horseback...that was just the video preview there just showing you what it might look like.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Yeah, It is cool. I wonder what the storyline is. I kinda disliked WW, it was too childish, I hope this will be a LARGE improvement on WW.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've never played a loZ game, but this looks too awesome to pass up. Being unfamiliar with the storyline, I may be a bit confused, but it looks like a great game...

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I'm sure it will be. And almost all the Zeldas are easy to understand, Most had a very hard to find connection, WW being the exeption, and it told the Story of OOT (Orcarina of Time) at the beginning, so you'll understand.

Last edited:

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    I saw this game on X-play a month or 2 ago and it looks awsome, I know there are more screen shots then that but the site I saw them on closed a while back =/, anyway if Link looks like that I wonder what Zelda will look like...

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Miroku said:
    I seen this game on X-play a month or 2 ago and it looks awsome, I know there are more screen shots then that but the site I saw them on closed a while back =/, anyway if Link looks like that I wonder what Zelda will look like...

Heh, Zelda will probly look like the Oot one.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Heh…no relation to each other. Oooo t89 is going to go through this topic and correct. =x
    Anyways, I'm quite interested as to what they'll do with the gameplay, since combat is based on WW's engine. (I think?)

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    !!! Z-E-L-D-A!

Boo at you for saying that this is the sequel to TWW when you have no proof! This was tentatively called The Wind Waker 2 because it uses a modified version of TWW's engine.

Anyway, you said you want speculation. So I'll give you mine. First my guesses at what "those creatures from Ganon" are:

Picture 3: Dinofols/Dinolfoses or Lizalfoses
    Picture 4: Gooma
    Picture 6: Dinofols/Dinolfoses or Lizalfoses
    Picture 8: Bokoblins

There are some other creatures that are seen the video, Moblins for example.

Now...my story theory that is based on virtually nothing. It is my personal belief that this game takes place pre-OoT, possibly before the fierce war that was described by the Deku Tree Sprout in OoT. An OoT comic from the European magazine "Club Nintendo" it tells us that the father of the Link featured in OoT was a Hylian Knight. If I remember correctly, the OoT Manga also tells us this. Based on the video, it could be safe to assume that this takes place during a war or battle of some kind. Also, don't try telling me that nothing can come before OoT. It is OFFICIAL that FS comes before OoT.

"But remember, Miyatomo may change it, like he did to WW."
    Miyamoto (it helps if you get his name right) changed what exactly? If you are referring to that video showed at Space World 2000, then you are sadly mistaken. That was never a game, ever! It was nothing more than a Technical Demo. And... BTW, TWW does take place in Hyrule. The Great Sea is part of the World of Hyrule, and obviously some of it takes place in the Kingdom as well.

DarkLink said:
    I'm sure it will be. And almost all the Zeldas are easy to understand, Most had no relation to another, WW being the exeption, and it told the Story of OOT (Orcarina of Time) at the beginning, so you'll understand.
    !!! GANNON-BAN!!!! There is a huge internal timeline! A massive document with all the stories and future stories laid out! They all have a connection to each other!
    - OoT and MM feature the same Link.
    - TWW has more evidence supporting a tie to another game (outside of the OoT/MM connection).
    - ALttP's Link is related to OoT's Link.
    - LA is a direct sequel to ALttP (same Link).
    - The Link of LoZ and AoL are the same Link.
    - Four Swords, an event that takes place before even OoT has significant impact later on! Hyrulean Adventure and The Minish Cap feature the sword even though its hundreds of years since that time!
    They all connect! And rather nicely at that. FS > OoT/MM > TWW > ALttP/OS/LA > LoZ/AoL (I do not yet know where HA goes, but my personal theory is in-between OoT and TWW).

Last edited:

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Er, any chance you could make those abbreviations into some form that are readable. Or just explaining them would be nice...

Such as:
    OoT = Ocarina of Time.

I know most of these, but what's HA? It took me a while to get that FS was Four Swords.

Back