• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Next Game Freak Pokemon official game: My ideas

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    These are my Ideas.

Players can join one of the teams, such as Team Rocket/Team Plasma...any team. This might give even more replay value to the game.

Players can start in ANY of the
    Pokemon continents, in the starter town of that continent.

Like in Pokemon Soulsilver/Pokemon Heartgold, pokemon can come out of their pokeballs and follow you.

Allow more interaction with the Pokemon. Intergrate a feeding system, set up night and daytimes, and energy levels, so that players can eat to replenish their energy. They wouldn't have to, It could just be like giving them proteins and such, making them like you more.

Allow more feelings to develop between the pokemon and the players. Make the personalites there are at least count for SOMETHING. (Personalities being like jolly, sassy...etc.)

A updated battle system. I really don't have a specific plan here, but maybe in battles, pokemon could run around, and jump and dodge. Also, allow different pokemon to do different things, like letting flying pokemon fly, or water pokemon swim, etc.

Change the HM's into items. An idea would be the Strength Ring, which grants Strength. Many, many players dislike HM's. Making them items that didnt actually add a move to the four move set would make plenty of dedicated players even happier to play.

An increase of graphics. This is an important one. The graphics in pokemon suck, sorry to say it. Think using the graphics of Pokemon Coliseum XD. I think those were a good balance between realism and cartoon. Those were pretty good. Make the humans actually seem like real people, instead of square like little midgets on the screen. And don't change the graphics in battle, keep them the same. I'd buy a whole new game if the graphics were as good as I'm suggesting.

Come on, make the flamethrower attack actually look like fire! Make leaf blade look like a leaf blade!

Sure, each pokemon would need a tons of work to actually get the graphics to this level, but it's already a quarter of the way done in Pokemon Coliseum...just add the new pokemon, and animate the graphics for running, jumping, and different attacks being used in different ways. If part of it is already done, then they should be able finish the rest. If different pokemon attacked with tackle in different ways, that'd be pretty cool.

9. More to be added.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • 1.Players can join one of the teams, such as Team Rocket/Team Plasma...any team. This might give even more replay value to the game.
    Problem with the join-evil-team deal is that it kinda goes against the whole 'do good fight bad people make friends with Pokemon', etc plots companies making these Pokemon games tend to go for (especially Game Freak who use the same sort of structure to their games since RB).
    2. Players can start in ANY of the Pokemon continents, in the starter town of that continent.
    Probably even less likely to happen. Firstly - such a game would only be made by Game Freak because they made those regions and so forth. Secondly - why would they make a game featuring every single region when they make millions by introducing only one new region per generation and thus far only having at most two regions in a game (GSC and their remakes HGSS)? They've been reusing the same formula and that seems to work for them so as they say 'if it ain't broken don't fix it'. That and there's potential memory issues with trying to fit 5 regions in the one game and it could potentially hurt says of other games (why buy the game with a new region when you already have the one with five regions?)
    3.Like in Pokemon Soulsilver/Pokemon Heartgold, pokemon can come out of their pokeballs and follow you.
    Now this I like. =p
    Allow more interaction with the Pokemon. Intergrate a feeding system, set up night and daytimes, and energy levels, so that players can eat to replenish their energy. They wouldn't have to, It could just be like giving them proteins and such, making them like you more.
    Personally I don't feel it necessary, and given how many Pokemon people can have that may be quite a hard system to manage (what about those Pokemon in the PC? What if you don't play for a few days or ran out of money feeding your Pokemon?)
    6.A updated battle system. I really don't have a specific plan here, but maybe in battles, pokemon could run around, and jump and dodge. Also, allow different pokemon to do different things, like letting flying pokemon fly, or water pokemon swim, etc.
    Also something i can't see happening...by game freak anyway. Maybe in other games made by other companies but certainly why would Game Freak suddenly change a battling system that works to something that might not?
    7.Change the HM's into items. An idea would be the Strength Ring, which grants Strength. Many, many players dislike HM's. Making them items that didn't actually add a move to the four move set would make plenty of dedicated players even happier to play.
    Curiously how many people actually dislike HMs to the point of not buying the games or make them particularly upset? Especially that BW limited the HMs one needed to actually use to beat the game (I think it was Cut at one stage and that was it)...then again people in the fandom complained about that too so it's really a case of an unpleasable fanbase. =p However I don't really see it necessary, not 'right' to change 5 generations of canon that HMs are now items not moves (whatever happens to the HMs people use in battles too like Surf/Waterfall/to a lesser extent for competitive but certainly in-game, Fly?)
    8. An increase of graphics. This is an important one. The graphics in pokemon suck, sorry to say it. Think using the graphics of Pokemon Coliseum XD. I think those were a good balance between realism and cartoon. Those were pretty good. Make the humans actually seem like real people, instead of square like little midgets on the screen. And don't change the graphics in battle, keep them the same. I'd buy a whole new game if the graphics were as good as I'm suggesting.
    This would be more a matter of opinion I guess on the graphics - certainly I know a number who like them currently. However I certainly would not mind 3D battles at all... it's just that Game Freak seems to like using sprites still and that's really up to them. 3D models have thus far in actual games (not counting that Pokedex) by Genius Sonority/the Stadium people. That and again - memory issues, way more time and money spent making 3D models and so forth. Adding new features/upping the graphics/etc is far easier said than done... especially if you stop to thing about something like this:
    If different pokemon attacked with tackle in different ways, that'd be pretty cool.
    Yep, it would be cool... but look at it this way. We currently have about 650 Pokemon, and a number have different forms (Rotom has five extra, Unown have 28 shapes, some legendaries have altered forms, and then there's a few Unova Pokemon too that look different depending on gender e.g. Jellicent), so we're looking at a number that's roughly 700. Each Pokemon on average will roughly know 25 moves as a rather low estimate of potential movepool - if they each could do a move a different way for each of them we're talking 175,000 different move animations in total - consider how much memory that could take up on the cartridge and how long it'd potentially take to make those moves in the first place. Not that it can't happen - it's just one of those aspects that is easier said then done. =p

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Allow more interaction with the Pokemon. Intergrate a feeding system, set up night and daytimes, and energy levels, so that players can eat to replenish their energy. They wouldn't have to, It could just be like giving them proteins and such, making them like you more.

I agree with what B&B said about how that can get costly. I am, however, all for something like treats (similar to Scents in the GCN games) that can help with happiness levels, buuut then again, we have Pokeblocks and Poffins that kinda fill that role. Perhaps these can just be something that your Pokemon can only have once per day, just for friendship purposes. Doesn't boost contest sheen or anything, but have the specific flavors like Poffins and Blocks do.

7.Change the HM's into items. An idea would be the Strength Ring, which grants Strength. Many, many players dislike HM's. Making them items that didn't actually add a move to the four move set would make plenty of dedicated players even happier to play.

But that makes Bibarel utterly useless if you take away its HMs. And idk about you, but I need my Surf and Waterfall in battles.

3.Like in Pokemon Soulsilver/Pokemon Heartgold, pokemon can come out of their pokeballs and follow you.

Please, Game Freak? With a cherry on top?

A updated battle system. I really don't have a specific plan here, but maybe in battles, pokemon could run around, and jump and dodge. Also, allow different pokemon to do different things, like letting flying pokemon fly, or water pokemon swim, etc.

Double Team is annoying already. I will throw my game if I ever played Pokemon and the opponent jumped and dodged my move literally.

Yeah, I went out of order here bleh.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    Yep, it would be cool... but look at it this way. We currently have about 650 Pokemon, and a number have different forms (Rotom has five extra, Unown have 28 shapes, some legendaries have altered forms, and then there's a few Unova Pokemon too that look different depending on gender e.g. Jellicent), so we're looking at a number that's roughly 700. Each Pokemon on average will roughly know 25 moves as a rather low estimate of potential movepool - if they each could do a move a different way for each of them we're talking 175,000 different move animations in total - consider how much memory that could take up on the cartridge and how long it'd potentially take to make those moves in the first place. Not that it can't happen - it's just one of those aspects that is easier said then done. =p

Well, considering that the WiiU was just released, and considering that Nintendo says that the 3DS and the WiiU have a kind of secret connection between the two...maybe it could be a two System game? That'd make a lot of these ideas much more relevant. Of course it'd be complicated, but I think It would make the new game sell even more then it was supposed might. I figure the data would be on the WiiU, and the game would be on the 3DS. Now, I know it might lead to connection problems and such, but its the best I could come up with right now.

This is just an idea though. I suppose that if I could at least see the pokemon in 3D and fighting in 3D, they could keep the graphics like Pokemon XD:GOD, where the pokemon only had one animation for every attack, but each attack looked different.

Also something i can't see happening...by game freak anyway. Maybe in other games made by other companies but certainly why would Game Freak suddenly change a battling system that works to something that might not?

The battle system is something I've always found annoying. It just doesnt feel right. Pokemon are living, breathing beings in this world, and having them just stay in one place and not make use of their various talents.

Problem with the join-evil-team deal is that it kinda goes against the whole 'do good fight bad people make friends with Pokemon', etc plots companies making these Pokemon games tend to go for (especially Game Freak who use the same sort of structure to their games since RB).

Well, about the team thing, are any of the teams after team rocket really bad on purpose? I mean, Teams Magma and Aqua both are convinced that they're doing the right thing. I doubt they're inherently evil, and they probably don't torture their pokemon. I'm relatively sure that the Team's members are partners, if not friends with their pokemon.

Probably even less likely to happen. Firstly - such a game would only be made by Game Freak because they made those regions and so forth. Secondly - why would they make a game featuring every single region when they make millions by introducing only one new region per generation and thus far only having at most two regions in a game (GSC and their remakes HGSS)? They've been reusing the same formula and that seems to work for them so as they say 'if it ain't broken don't fix it'. That and there's potential memory issues with trying to fit 5 regions in the one game and it could potentially hurt says of other games (why buy the game with a new region when you already have the one with five regions?)

If Game Freak is already making tons of remakes, they might as well add this in. This would probably placate some of the raging fans that are angry about it being very difficult to get their favorite pokemon.
    Anyway, if starting in every continent is too much to ask, at least let the player visit all five. IMO, this would increase the money Game Freak and Nintendo is making, not decrease it.

Personally I don't feel it necessary, and given how many Pokemon people can have that may be quite a hard system to manage (what about those Pokemon in the PC? What if you don't play for a few days or ran out of money feeding your Pokemon?)

Agreed, but i'd at least like to see pokemon start to act like real creatures, instead of brainless fighting machines. That means actually showing the personalities, instead of just affecting how they gain stats. Make a sassy pokemon SASSY!

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Remember that this is a simple hand-held RPG, comparing this to other ones it's already pretty damn good.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well, considering that the WiiU was just released, and considering that Nintendo says that the 3DS and the WiiU have a kind of secret connection between the two...maybe it could be a two System game? That'd make a lot of these ideas much more relevant. Of course it'd be complicated, but I think It would make the new game sell even more then it was supposed might. I figure the data would be on the WiiU, and the game would be on the 3DS. Now, I know it might lead to connection problems and such, but its the best I could come up with right now.

This is just an idea though. I suppose that if I could at least see the pokemon in 3D and fighting in 3D, they could keep the graphics like Pokemon XD:GOD, where the pokemon only had one animation for every attack, but each attack looked different.
    Thing with the WiiU (which isn't out until next year anyway) is that Game Freak is unlikely to use it nor have any plans to move to home consoles (as mentioned in a few interviews with them) so I don't see them making a game that'd hold the data on the WiiU...nor how feasible it would be to try to sell a handheld game that needed two consoles to be used - it anything that would probably impact badly on sales imo.
    The battle system is something I've always found annoying. It just doesnt feel right. Pokemon are living, breathing beings in this world, and having them just stay in one place and not make use of their various talents.
    I guess each to his own - sure, I would also like them to run about and all but I also enjoy the main system's gameplay mechanics.
    Well, about the team thing, are any of the teams after team rocket really bad on purpose? I mean, Teams Magma and Aqua both are convinced that they're doing the right thing. I doubt they're inherently evil, and they probably don't torture their pokemon. I'm relatively sure that the Team's members are partners, if not friends with their pokemon.
    It could make for an interesting plot, sure - again I just don't see it too likely that Game Freak would do that for all their supposed revamped plot they had in B/W (which still did have the same structure as the older games anyway more or less!) More something other companies might do more likely (after all in Colosseum the protagonist's background story involved him being part of a criminal gang).
    If Game Freak is already making tons of remakes, they might as well add this in. This would probably placate some of the raging fans that are angry about it being very difficult to get their favorite pokemon.
    I was unaware that there were a lot of raging fans now (more than usual anyway) of the sort that refuse to buy any of the current games (because if you rage yet still buy the games... then you're still a fan imo, just a whingy one =p). That and the money made by Game Freak is already in the millions (BW made new sale records to boot) - that and Game Freak have allowed people to trade Pokemon from earlier gens still unlike in the 2nd-3rd gen leap.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2012
    Still, these ideas could make the game even better, with a little editing by professional designers.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • I like your ideas! I think the next game will be a remake of Ruby and Sapphire or Pokemon Grey Version, though.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • ^Pokemon Grey 0.o

Out of all of the ideas that you posted, I wish for the next official game, they should bring back the Pokemon following you thing, but only this time making an option for you to leave your Pokemon in their ball when you do not want them to follow you as you are walking or running (not biking). Also for the Biking I think that only certain Pokemon (such as the ones that can fly or levitate) can follow you on a bike

:t354:TG

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I like your ideas but I see it at the WiiU wich is unlikely that gamefreak gonna make a game on the wiiu as a main series game.

But pokemon needs follow you like HG/SS but with a option to turn it off.

CaptainObvious

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Assigning each Pokemon a signature move, and giving that move a super special animation. Like... Shadow Ball for Absol. Instead of a regular charge and fire, the camera zooms into Absol's eyes ala anime style then pans out and reveals him growling at the other pokemon (From your perspective, you.) Then firing the shadow ball. One signature per Pokemon (including it's evolutions) so we could minimize on the effort.

Not gonna go in depth, but you get what I'm trying to say. Special animations for the super special trainer battles too, I guess.

psyxe

Cubone Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2017
    this is another situation where its "standardnoobthatwantsnothingbutgraphicsandfreelegendaries" VS. "multimillion dollar company that knows what they are doing"

im sorry, but no.

1. graphics dont make a game. story and playability does.
    2. taking out hm's is like starting with a lv 100 mew. sounds great, but it makes the game boring.
    3. how does the wiiU make your idea more right? that made NO SENSE at all....
    4. its not broken, and you dont matter enough to change it.

basically, your idea is the average noob. "i want graphics, i want easier HM moves, i want easy legendaries, i want ALL REGIONS, i want all pokemon to have their own move animations" but you dont even stop to understand why it isnt possible.... or likely.

the main problem is, the pokemon style just doesnt work on home consoles... its much better, easier, ect to do it on a handheld due to the fact that most people that play are casual gamers. they dont wanna HAVE to sit at a TV.

another is memory constraints. even with a wii game, it would be hard to fit ALL regions, ALL pokemon having unique animations, ect on a single game....

another is just some ideas are stupid (free legendaries for turning on the game!) it just doesnt work. making the game easier just makes it BORING. difficulty gives you something to work towards.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    It seems to me, like from a graphical standpoint. There isn't much further game freak can go without moving into 3D model territory. I hope they stay with sprites though really....and instead of trying to improve the game graphically I'd like to see them move towards adding even more user friendly aspects to the game and mix up a couple of formulas that have stood still for so long.

I agree on the HMs although I think HMs should have the option to either apply them as a battle move (taking up a slot so if you want surf you can have it) but also have the option to just set it as a field move. So it doesn't take up a battle slot. (but obviously can't be used in battle then)

It would be nice to see a proper change to the games storyline, I don't think it's something that would be beyond reason...and I don't think it's something that would have a negative effect. For the next game, something like you live in Unova and Professor Juniper comes to you and asks you to go to an actual unexplored and possibly dangerous region of the pokemon world where literally they haven't made any kind or very little progress on what pokemon might be living there. Civilisation in this unexplored region is "seemingly" non existent.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    These are my Ideas.

Players can join one of the teams, such as Team Rocket/Team Plasma...any team. This might give even more replay value to the game.
    Oh yeah, I'd like it too!

Players can start in ANY of the
    Pokemon continents, in the starter town of that continent.
    Also a good idea.

Like in Pokemon Soulsilver/Pokemon Heartgold, pokemon can come out of their pokeballs and follow you.
    Right. Always wonder why didn't they make this possibility in b/w. è_é

lol, then it would be something like The Sims... xD

Allow more feelings to develop between the pokemon and the players. Make the personalites there are at least count for SOMETHING. (Personalities being like jolly, sassy...etc.)
    Well... nice idea, but a bit complicated...

I've always thought about this. It would be AMAZING. I wish there was a way to realize it... <_< However, the pokemon games would be too revolutionized. I mean, lol... it would be too true. How would you send a water-type based pokemon out in a desert if you only had that one? XD It would be like "oh, you can't go into the tall grass without any pokemon" xD

Change the HM's into items. An idea would be the Strength Ring, which grants Strength. Many, many players dislike HM's. Making them items that didnt actually add a move to the four move set would make plenty of dedicated players even happier to play.
    No, I don't like this point... I like HM as they are now.

An increase of graphics. This is an important one. The graphics in pokemon suck, sorry to say it. Think using the graphics of Pokemon Coliseum XD. I think those were a good balance between realism and cartoon. Those were pretty good. Make the humans actually seem like real people, instead of square like little midgets on the screen. And don't change the graphics in battle, keep them the same. I'd buy a whole new game if the graphics were as good as I'm suggesting.

Come on, make the flamethrower attack actually look like fire! Make leaf blade look like a leaf blade!

Sure, each pokemon would need a tons of work to actually get the graphics to this level, but it's already a quarter of the way done in Pokemon Coliseum...just add the new pokemon, and animate the graphics for running, jumping, and different attacks being used in different ways. If part of it is already done, then they should be able finish the rest. If different pokemon attacked with tackle in different ways, that'd be pretty cool.
    Do you mean making the games more 3D? yeah, that'd be cool. Hard to realize, though.
    9. More to be added.
    lol

I wish pokèmon contests came back to how they were in the 3rd generation, maybe with different graphics effects. More like in the anime. I ask too much, I know. xD

GStheHero

YouTube Battler
    Years
  • I think some of you are forgetting that Pokemon is an RPG and more importantly, that the little card that they put the games on can only hold so much. They can't make 5 beautiful regions in one game. It would take too much time, effort, and money. Even then it may still be impossible.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I was just about to post a similar thread. Had it all typed out and everything lol.

Personally, I would love a game where you are a Pokemon scientist--around about the time when Pokemon are first being discovered in a completely new region where they have never heard of them--and have to find an study a bunch of new Pokemon. You would have to find what they eat, where and how they live, how they behave etc.

Oh and yes, I am aware my idea will never happen. ;)

TheCondor

Noblesse oblige
    Years
  • In my opinion the battle system is already refined enough. The animations in Black and White were pretty impressive, and added a whole ton of personality to the pokemon just by their movements. I actually like the idea of making the HMs into items, but only specific ones such as cut, defog, or rock climb. Surf and Waterfall for example are too valuable to be taken off the teachable move list, and lower leveled pokemon can benefit from inheriting or learning certain moves if their own movepool isn't that powerful.

Back