• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The NFL 2009 Thread

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Well its about time... the draft is tomorrow, and its NEVER too early to talk about Football. My favorite team, the Jets made some nice additions this year through free agency, however I am disappointed in the release of Leverneus Coles, and that they did not address the WR issue in Free agency in order to save their 1st round draft pick for an edge Pass Rusher, because that is their biggest weakness. Although this years draft is knee deep in Wide receiver talent. Or so it appears.

Anyone lets start this topic with draft talk.

What issues are you hoping your team addresses in the draft this weekend?

Mine are:

1.a DE or a DE/LB hybrid to match up with Vernon Gholston, or to do what he was drafted to do if he isnt fully developed by this year, which his chances of developing increased very much when Rex Ryan became the head coach. I like Brian Orakpo and Larry English right out of the gate.

2. Potentially a Running back to fill the inevitable dismissal of Thomas Jones. He is over 30, and last I checked he is still a disgruntled employee of the Green and white.

3. a Wide Receiver. I feel this shouldn't be the Jet's #1 priority because they have Coch, Dustin Keller proved to be a quality receiver aside from a few dropped balls, and DAVID CLOWNY. HELLOOOOO?! The Jets say they need a burner... Well THERE YA GO! HES RIGHT ON YOUR DEPTH CHART ALREADY.

4.Quarterback. You know there going to do it.... Probably in the late rounds, unless Mark Sanchez is available around the #8 pick which is where the Jags sit, and from my understanding the Jets are ready to trade up. I hope they dont really... They have Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff, and Eric Ainge. Brett Ratliff and Clowny= a Good combo as we saw in Pre-season last year, although... it was preseason. and Then you have Kellen Clemens. Yea he had a shaky what? 11 games I believe that he played in 2 years ago? but he showed poise in the 4th quarter, and he was still in the learning process, not to mention the Offensive line couldnt protect against the wind let alone 300 pound rushers. I also should mention, when he was drafted he was rated higher on the draft board then Jay Cutler, and would of been a 1st rounder had he not been hurt.

So.... On to everyone elses teams!

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Well, if you want to talk about waiting, I have to wait 51 picks. Dallas has the 51st pick in the Draft. They have all their needs filled, and with 11 picks, they can turn this years Draft into restocking for future years. Plus, the get to open their 1.1 billion palatial digs in August. Hopefully without T.O (T.eam Obliterator), Dallas can hopefully lift the Vince Lombardi trophy in South Beach.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • Bah, I'm only interested in the Lions this year. Part of me wants them to mess up again and the other part agrees. Stafford is going first most likely so it'll be interesting for the other teams to pick. Especially the Cardinals, Giants, and Dolphins.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • That's true. But I can't see Stafford not going. Didn't he say that he wanted to play for Detroit anyway? Most likely for the money though.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Detroit has three options:

-Draft Stafford
    -Draft Curry
    -Draft Stafford or Curry and trade back into the Top 10 (they have Dallas's pick, Pick # 20), which they can use for Sanchez or maybe the guy from Alabama...(oh, what's his name?)

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I don't know if they would actually do the third option but the first and second would do. Detroit, in my opinion, should get an Offensive Lineman with their 20th pick since their QBs like to run out of their own endzone because they're getting chased a lot of the time.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • I wouldn't get Micheal Vick if I was Jerry Jones. I mean, they failed miserably with Pacman. But, Tank Johnson kept his nose out of trouble, but he didn't get much playing time due to the fact Jay Ratliff stole the spotlight.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I haven't been into it this pre-season and crap, but I heard from friends about how Detroit is making big changes to their team. They seem pretty confident since they put teeth on the emblem of the team, lol.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I was surprised that Crabtree was chosen 10th overall and not drafted by the Raiders.

Pat White (I think) is in Miami now though.

dylandutra

Cap'n Jazz
    Years
  • So stoked on Aaron Curry. :D
    Can't wait to see this guy play next season!
    I gotta say, though, part of me wanted Michael Crabtree. Would be exciting to watch. But hey, Curry's great and Crabtree is coming off of surgery.

edit: Also, applause to the Lions for screwing up the draft and their chances that Stafford would develop into a franchise quarterback. At the 20th pick, with Oher, Beatty, and Britton available, how do you take a TE? Sure, quarterbacks love TEs, but they like LTs more. How can you even get away with going 0-16 and then chosing a TE in the first round.
    Without a decent tackle Stafford will end up just like David Carr and Joey Harrington. I'm calling it.

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years
  • Aaron Curry's going to be a fantastic player for Seattle. With the Detroit situation, Pettigrew gives Detroit another good recover to with Calvin Johnson. Besides, didn't Detroit draft a LT later in the draft?

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • I do not know what to make of the Jets draft class this year... All I know is Mark Sanchez better have been worth a 1, a 2, and 3 players, most notably Abram Elam who played fantastic last year for the Jets.

Back