• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nightclub [Third Significant Incarnation]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Introduction

It's time, everyone. Time for changes. Time for new people, new rules, new activities, new drinks. Time for something dead to be revived. Time for dreams to be realized.

It's time for the Third Significant Incarnation of The Nightclub.

Things are gonna be different. The First Significant Incarnation was an experimental free-for-all back in the old days of PC. It had a boom of activity, then died shortly after. The Second Significant Incarnation was the most successful and longest-running, but quite a bit of it was simple chatting, not really adhering to the semi-roleplay nature of the game. This Third Incarnation will hopefully match the success of the Second, while channeling the atmosphere of the First and using entirely new rules to create a rather different game.

I know this looks complicated, but bear with me. I think that this could be pretty fun.

Getting Ready To Play

This time, we will be using more of a roleplay style, rather like So All Of Our Avatars Walk Into A Bar. However, instead of playing your avatar, you will instead create your own character to play. And everybody involved will write the plot.

General Commitment

This game isn't too serious, but I do ask that you be prepared to play for a while if you join up. If you leave or something, perhaps have your character go on vacation or stay out of the way for a while. Try not to just take off, because then someone else may try to interact with your character and you won't be there to respond. Makes things a bit awkward.

Character Creation

Creating your own character is not hard. Really. I'll provide a helpful little form, but for now here's a few things to keep in mind.
    For this game, your character doesn't have to be very complex. We don't need an intricate backstory or a full list of phobias, we just need a very general description of how your character looks and how they act around other people. Just enough so that people can have some idea of how to interact with your character. Basically, everyone's meeting each other for the first time here. How much do you know about a person when you first meet them? Not too much.
    It'd probably be best (unless you're an experienced roleplayer) if you created a character who is similar to you, or has qualities that you are comfortable and good at portraying. If you make a character who has PhDs in Chemical Engineering and Linguistics and graduated high school at age eight, you have on your hands a character who is probably not very socially adapted, talks about things most people can't comprehend, and is used to putting his massive vocabulary to good use. If you're a 13-year-old who nearly flunked your basic classes, do you really think you can handle playing someone like that? Usually the answer would be no. I advise you to try not to create characters you can't handle.
    In this game, your character can be anyone or anything. I'll delve into why later, but for now... you can base your character off of whatever you want. Or just make up something. As long as you can play the character appropriately, I do not care what that character may be. But spend a little time thinking about it! Do you really want your character to have goddess-like wings? If you do, fine. But are they small enough to fit through an average doorway? They are? Okay. Then how do they lift her?
    Think about it logically. It makes things more interesting.
    Character Form

Full Name:

Species/Physical Appearance:

Personality:

Anything Else:​
    An alphabetical list of characters will be set up on an external webpage once I get around to making it.

Setting

Events primarily happen in The Nightclub. Imagine a wide building made of old-looking bricks which is home to a tavern-like place with a big garden on one side. There are two main floors, a basement, and an attic. The attic is where the proprietress lives. The second floor is made up of offices and staff apartments. The basement is kind of dingy.
    The main floor is where things really happen. When one walks through the double doors of the main entrance, one finds oneself near the bar area, which is at the corner of the big dance floor. There's a sound booth in the opposite corner, and a doorway with no door leading back into wide hallway. To the left, the hallway leads to the garden and restaurant area. To the right, it leads to an arcade and a few rooms for watching TV in. That's basically the entirety of The Nightclub.

The Nightclub resides in your average metropolitan area. That is to say, a fair-sized city. There are basic city things out there like shopping malls, movie theatres, a city hall, apartment complexes, and thugs. Feel free to explore the city, your character is probably going to want to find a place to live and a job at some point.

Actually Playing The Game

Starting Out

Your character- who is anything you want them to be- did not just spawn in this tavern. Well, kind of. In the basement of The Nightclub, there is an Interdimensional Transportation Portal. It is set to appear in a random place and time in any universe for three minutes only. Your character walked, fell, dove, ran, backed, tripped, flew, or something else into it, and now they are in the basement of The Nightclub. There will be someone sitting around being extremely bored and waiting for people to come through, so he can tell them where they are and what's going on.

Opening and Closing a Post

This was suggested to me by Hiiro, and at first I thought it would be awkward, but then I figured it could work.
    When you begin any post, you should state your character's name and where they are in the world, in italics. Example:

Character: Anna

You should do the same when closing a post, so if your character moves, people can easily pick out where to. It's just a little piece of helpful information. Example:

Character: Anna

Post Style

The best way to RP, in my opinion, is to use third person. Example: "He fell with a thud onto the slightly grimy concrete." I would prefer if people used this style while writing their posts, but first person is also acceptable, as in "I fell face-first, accidentally inhaling a significant amount of damp dirt from what appeared to be a concrete floor."
    There are other styles that will not be permitted, and of them are two notable ones. The first style is second person, which something which I don't even know how it would work. The second is how The First and Second Incarnations operated, which is "*falls over* Eww, this floor is gross."
    Please try to spell, punctuate, and use grammar relatively well. It's just generally nice to people who have to read your post.
    Your post doesn't have to be very long at all, one or two sentences will do. But it's nice to go up to maybe a paragraph or two, as long as it's good.

Interaction

A general rule of roleplaying is not "bunnying", "powerplaying", or "godmodding", which all basically mean "don't take control of other characters". You may NOT say "The girl at the table spontaneously combusted" if that girl is not your character. The only reason you would be able to say that is if, in a previous post, that girl's player said that the character spontaneously combusted. Which is unlikely but could happen. Other things you can't do include saying something like "He threw a ball and it hit the girl at the table." It is up to the girl's player to decide if the ball hits. However, if you continue throwing things, the girls player should not be able to dodge all of them unless you have very poor aim. Try to make things a little tiny bit realistic.

Out Of Character Posting

Out of character, or OOC, is when a player starts talking as if they are themselves rather than their character. For instance, they may say something like "Your avatar is amazing." That's nice and all, but in Nightclub-world, they won't have avatars will they? Or perhaps a player says "Your character and mine should date." That'd be interesting, sure, but is this the proper place to discuss it? Not really.
    If you do feel like you have to go OOC- maybe to ask someone what they mean- please do so like this: "[OOC: Anna, did you mean "galvanized steel"?]". The brackets will tell people that that section is something different, and the OOC will tell them who is talking.
    Also, keep the part of the post that is not OOC at a length of 1-2 sentences. Don't just post all OOC.

Characters

Only one character per account! Otherwise things may get confusing. The only exception to this rule will be the account with the username of Susurrus, which I will be using to play various NPC-type characters. Feel free to sign up with other characters using alternate accounts, though I'd prefer it if you kept the accounts playing the game down to three.
    Don't double post, even with alts! Say I post using Susurrus, then immediately post using TheSmartOne. They're both me, so it counts as a double post even though PC itself doesn't register that. Don't do that kind of thing, Tara and Netto will get on your case.

General Rules

• Follow all forum-wide and OT-specific rules.
    • Don't spam up the place, coming in and saying like... "how do i play u guys". Just... no.
    • I know this is OT, but actually care about your post.
    • Don't go OOC too much please. We do have VMs and PMs.
    • No powerplaying.
    • No double posting.
    • No complaining about how everything has changed.
    • No trying to get this thread moved to RP.
    • Don't bring your problems with other users into the game.

Let's Go!

Here is an example of what an opening post should look like. Well, it is my opening post, so... yeah. Here.

Full Name: Marcy Anna Wolf

Species/Physical Appearance: Human. 5'6", golden-brown hair reaching to her chin, full hourglass figure, green eyes. Wears dark brown rectangular glasses.

Personality: Fairly cheerful and friendly, slightly sarcastic. Has a dry sense of humor.

Anything Else: Is the proprietress and bartender of The Nightclub. Sometimes called Anna by her friends.

Routine wasn't something Marcy had ever planned for; it was just something that happened. She got up every day at 9 am- just like today- and got ready for the business day. Her employees showed up at 9:30, and they all got things set up for opening at ten. Customers started showing up a bit later, and some people always wandered through that bothersome portal in the basement. It was kind of nice, but... a bit boring, really. Things livened up at night, but she didn't really join the festivities.

She picked up the last empty bottle from last night's partying and unlocked the main doors. Somebody would show up soon enough.

Character: Marcy

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
    Character Form

Full Name: Aoi Takeda

Species/Physical Appearance: Aoi is a human, but not just any human he's a ninja. He appeared in the nightclub's basement with his dark hoodie and blue jeans, his undercover clothes. He has dark sunglasses that he wears at all times. His hair is flat and comes down to his nose then spikes out but stays straight down, his hair is black with many dark blue highlights running through his hair. He is 5'10 and is very lean and strong. He also has a mysterious scar on his wrist that looks deep. He always carries a hidden Katana under his hoodie.

Personality: Aoi is completely serious and isn't very talkative. But once you break through his shell he becomes completely loyal and will do anything for you at all. He usually tries to avoid people though.

Anything Else: He's a beast ninja.

Aoi was walking to class. I hate having to be undercover at this highschool with all these mindless idiots. he thought. Then he heard the last of footsteps fade away. Oh man! I'll be late to class! He started running If I'm late to class I'll be noticed! If I'm noticed I'll be found out! If I'm found out I'll be killed and I'll fail my mission. I have to find out what this kid is up to. If I don't get killed then I'll be ridiculed by the clan! Aoi ran faster, he couldn't be late, but he already was! Would it be wise to retreat before they find me out? He thought, slowing down.

"What the He-" He yelled as he saw the hallway was now an old basement. There was a blue doorway behind him but he needed to check this out. He walked up the stairs and noticed a girl picking up bottles and opening the doors. He appeared behind her stealthily. "Who are you, where am I, why am I here, and what the crap just happened?"

Character: Aoi

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

"Who are you, where am I, why am I here, and what the crap just happened?"
    Marcy jumped a few inches into the air and dropped the bottle she had picked up. "What- who-" she stammered as the turned to see who was addressing her. She saw a young man in simple clothing, not too much taller than her. "Um, I'm Marcy and you're in The Nightclub, which I own. I don't know why you're here, but what happened was that you snuck up on me and made me drop this bottle that I was taking to the recycling." She indicated the fallen bottle and stooped to pick it up.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

The girl dropped the bottle she was picking up.
    "What- who-" she turned around "Um, I'm Marcy and you're in The Nightclub, which I own. I don't know why you're here, but what happened was that you snuck up on me and made me drop this bottle that I was taking to the recycling."

"Well... I was walking and I appeared in the basement... I saw some kind of portal behind me... Go look for yourself..." Aoi said in a deep and cold voice. "Sorry for scaring you..." Aoi scratched his neck. "We should probably check out that door and if anyone else will come through it..." Aoi walked to the basement door without making a sound.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

"Oh!" Marcy ran after the guy. "I understand, it's that thing again. Sorry. It's a kind of portal. Except broken. It appears in a place for three minutes, then switches to another place. Sometimes people come in, like you I guess. But... it's probably been three minutes by now. And it hardly ever goes back to the same world- let alone same place- twice. You're... kind of stuck here. Sorry."

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

"Oh....So... I'll never get to go back..." Aoi stood, frozen in place "Great... I assume you don't have a dojo for me to train... So I'm stuck without a place to train... I'm stuck in a bar... Crap..." Aoi sighed then tried to lighten up. "Maybe I'll just wait for the next guy..." Aoi sat down at the bar and threw down some coins "How much are your protein shakes? 20 Aki?"

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Marcy followed him back out to the bar. "There's probably a dojo or something similar out in the city. It's quite large, after all." She slid behind the counter and tossed the bottle into the recycling bin. "Maybe you could get a job there. You're gonna need our kind of currency after all. Speaking of which," she pulled a protein shake out from the mini-fridge and handed it to him while pushing his coins back toward him, "this one is on the house. What's your name, anyway? I don't think you said."

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

"Oh. Thanks! I'm Aoi by the way. Nice to meet you Marcie... Sorry I'm not very good with people" Aoi grinned, then he frowned and thought deeply about something. "A job... What kind of job could I get..." He had many skills but none that would be good for a job in the city. "Hey Marcie. Are there any jobs around here or in the city a ninja would be good at? I can fight and I'm stealthy..."

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years
    Full Name: Samantha "Sammy" Wilson

Species/Physical Appearance: Sammy is a human, with nearly neck-length brown hair with blue tipped bangs and blue eyes. She loves to wear a pair of golden welding goggles around her neck, and can sometimes be seen with them on her eyes. Her usual apparel is a semi-baggy t-shirt, whose logo relates to video games or the zombie culture; a pair of skinny jeans; and a pair of rainbow Converses.

Personality: Sammy tends to show tomboyish traits. She is somewhat hyper around people she is familar with, and calm with people she isn't. She has a superior knowledge of zombies, which easily distinguishs her from the rest of the population. She also has a vast knowledge of video games, and was once a part of a pro-gaming team at a young age, where she won several awards.

Anything Else: Orphaned at the age of seven, having witnessed her parents demise at the hands of zombies. She has the uncanny ability to "feel" the emotions of others. She left her foster parents around her 17th birthday, hoping to make her name in the world.

Sammy finally reached the city. She was tired and hungry and wanted a drink of water after trekking miles and miles of land. She continued down the hard road she was on. After awhile, she came upon a well-kept building that had a nice, beautiful garden on the side. The front double doors were wide open, as if welcoming people in. Sammy silently crept to the doors, peeked inside, and saw no one. She knocked as she walked in. "Hello? Is anyone here?"

Character: Sammy

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

"Nice to meet you, Aoi." Marcy smiled, then frowned. "A job for a ninja... well, there might be a dojo that needs instructors. Or maybe you'd want to be a private detective? Or a bodyguard-"

"Hello? Is anyone here?"

A female voice called out from the entryway, interrupting Marcy. "Oh! Yes, hello, welcome to The Nightclub! Not many people are here yet, but Aoi and I are over here at the bar. To your left, my dear. Come join us!"

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

Aoi saw the girl in her high teens walk in, he instantly watched her every move, he looked at her face to try and read her. He looked in all the usual spots for weapons. He checked her hips to see if she was carrying any guns, he checked he pants leg for hidden knives. He checked everywhere. Even when he had decided she wasn't a threat he was still going to be watching her...

"I'm Aoi" He said deeply.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Full Name: Tara Michelle
    Species/Physical Appearance: Tara is a wannabe half-elf, but she's really human. She's 5'7'', brown eyes, and brown hair that goes down to her shoulders. Most of the time she wears glasses, but occasionally she'll wear contacts. Her clothes are typically baggy, which usually consists of plain jeans and a red shirt. Sometimes, if it's hot enough, she'll switch to some gym shorts and... a red tanktop. She wears red sneakers, and mismatched socks.
    Personality: There are several sides of Tara. The first side is the quiet side, in which most people might first encounter upon first meeting. Then there's the more quirky side, which usually includes the several things that she obsesses about. This can range from the color Red to these "characters". This side is generally more cheerful and laid-back. Then there's a sarcastic part of her that doesn't show often, but just might. If it appears don't get upset as it simply means that she's taken a liking to you or had gotten to know you well enough. Then there is an attribute that relays on all sides of her, and that's her lazy side. Good luck getting her to do things immediately.
    Anything Else: When she was young she was hit with some sort of spell that allows her to shrink and grow, as well as allow anything she is holding at the time to shrink and grow as well. But other than that, she has no awesome abilities.

"Ahhh, that was a nice walk." Tara sighed in relief as she entered the Nightclub. After a nice walk around... wherever, it was nice to be in a building. However, where exactly is she? This certainly isn't place she's ever seen before. It does look cozy, and hey look! A counter! She brings herself over to the bar counter and sits down. She looks around a little, before waving a hand over at the woman behind the bar counter.

"'Cuse me, can I have something to drink?"

Character: Tara

( Just gotta say that I'm happy to see this back up and running! :D )

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

Marcy was elated. Three customers- well, kind of- already! It wan't even noon yet. This didn't usually happen anymore, not since the novelty of The Nightclub had died away.

"'Cuse me, can I have something to drink?"

The newest addition to the group interrupted Marcy's train of thought. "Of course you may!" she said happily. "What'll it be, hon? We've got... basically everything, but don't try asking for alcohol without some ID!"

[OOC: As am I. And here I was thinking this new version wouldn't get any business!]

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years

As soon as she spoke, a voiced piped up making Sammy jump. "Oh! Yes, hello, welcome to The Nightclub! Not many people are here yet, but Aoi and I are over here at the bar. To your left, my dear. Come join us!"

She looked to her left, in the direction of the voice, and saw a woman behind the bar counter and a boy sitting at the counter who was staring intently at Sammy. "I'm Aoi."
    "I'm Sammy." She grabbed a stool and proceeded to sit at the counter next to Aoi. "I'm hungry, thirsty and tired. Do you have anything I could eat and a place I could rest? I've been traveling an awful long distance." She then started glancing at Aoi, trying to read his emotions, unaware of the newcomer.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
    Full Name:Konato Yamata

Species/Physical Appearance: Shinigami; 5'10" ; Short, brown hair, somewhat stout, brown eyes. Wears silver-rimmed rectangular glasses. Wears traditional Shinigami garb, until dressed to match the new world he is in.

Personality: Laid-back, easygoing, and somewhat didactic when off duty, somewhat more serious in battle. Will laugh at most jokes, especially puns.

Anything Else: Was Captain of Squad Nine before he somehow found himself hurtling towards an unknown destination.

---

"Damn it damn it damn it" cursed Konato as he ran toward the forest outside of the 43nd Distric of Rukongai. "If Taki hadn't slacked off, this Hollow wouldn't have gotten this far!" He turned sharply as he sensed the hollow do the same, and managed to catch a glimpse of it. He followed the sounds of the hollow as it crashed though the forest. And suddenly...silence. Konato stopped as he saw a bluish doorway in a small grove. He sensed that the hollow and slipped though it. Sensing trouble, Konato quickly sent a message to another captain, and proceeded though the portal.

Konato crashed though the portal and into a wall. "Gahh!" He exclaimed as he stood up, still reeling from the shock. He stood there rubbing his head and examining his new environment.

Character: Konato

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Character: Tara

Upon hearing what that woman behind the counter said, Tara started to think. Now what did she want to drink. She could have some soda, or perhaps some juice. No. She knew exactly what she wanted to drink.

"I'll have some Red Tea with Peaches!" She squeaked, before glancing at the other two. She didn't say anything though, as she wasn't exactly the type to blurt out her name or anything. She then heard the crash from behind her and looked back. Ouch. That looked like it hurt.

Name: Tara

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years

"Hello Sammy." Aoi said without showing a hint of emotion. He was ignoring everything around him except for this girl... My, my, my... Aoi thought I need to see what this lady's up to... She could be dangorous, and judging by her body, face and the way she carries herself she's ... Different. I can't put my finger on it but she is...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years

"Red tea with peaches? Right away, dear." She quickly filled a serving teapot and prepared everything, then handed it to the young lady. "Let it steep a bit, of course, and it's going to be quite hot."

There was a crash, but the other girl who had entered caught Marcy's attention now. The poor thing looked exhausted! "You look like you need some water, it's really the best thing for you." She filled a tall glass and put it down in front of the girl. "We've got extra rooms on the second floor, but first I'll have the cook make up something substantial for ya. What do you like to eat?"

Maraala

a fiery passion
    Years

"I'll eat basically anything, so anything will do." She shifted her attention from Aoi to this... other girl. Sammy was quite curious about her. She had quite a cheerful air around her. All of a sudden, she heard a noise that sound like it came from below. She straightened up, her reflexes on top. "Did anyone else hear that?"

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years

Konato sensed unusual presences on the floor above him. He wasn't sure what to make of them. He could tell that the people above him were living beings, not dead ones, but he couldn't pinpoint what it was that was different. "Well, I guess I'll spy on them a little." He walked up the stairs, assuming his invisibility to living beings was in effect. He proceeded to watch as the one behind the bar poured drinks and conversed with the others.

[OOC: Just as a point of reference, for anyone who doesn't know, this is essentially the outfit Konato is wearing. Note that this isn't his actual appearance or anything, just the outfit. XD[/OOC]

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back