• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nightmare Legion

ShinyPikachu

Master of Masters
Years
  • Ok so thanks to some good advice I've managed to put a better story together.

Chapter 1: Assassination and Birth of the Nightmare Legion
    It was a pleasant evening in Crescent City. Mark and his wife, Lea were enjoying a picnic in the local park with their son, Junior. It all seemed like the perfect life for Mark.

Like the type of life that only exists on fairytales. Mark owned a multibillion dollar technology company, his wife was a model and his son was a really responsible ten year old young man.

Junior was a very spoiled boy. Because of this he had a poor way to handle things on his own; it was always dad or mom to the rescue. Just one month ago he had received a Larvitar for his birthday.

"There's nothing like a nice evening spent on the park with my family" said Mark as he began digging his hands through the picnic basket.

"Dad? Can I go play near the lake?" asked Junior who seemed bored of just sitting there.

"Go ahead Junior, just be careful and don't get too close to the water." Said Mark with food in his mouth.

And with his father's permission, Junior ran towards the lake. There were many other families at the park. It was all very harmonious and a sight to see. There were also a couple Pokemon trainers here and there training with their Pokemon.

"Do you think he'll be ok all alone?" asked Lea.

"Honey, he's only going to the lake, you can't baby him forever" replied Mark still munching on food.

"Yes I know, but I don't like having him out of my sight, what if something happens?" said Lea with a concerned look on her face.

"Lea, relax, he needs to learn to care for himself as well as you need to learn to let him." Mark answered, who was a bit irritated with his wives over protectionism.

Finally Lea gave up "I know it's just too hard to watch my baby grow" "and you need to keep your mouth shut when eating!" she then giggled and hugged her husband.

"Larvitar! Come on out!" Junior yelled as he threw his Pokeballl out.

A small Larvitar came out of the Pokeball and sat next to Junior who was in the edge of the lake.

He was admiring the water Pokemon when out of the corner of his eye a girl caught his attention. She looked to be about his age and she was training a Squirtle. She was all the way on the opposite side of the lake. He walked towards her and greeted her.

"Hello, what's your name?" asked Junior as he awed at her beauty.

"My name is Aurora" "What's yours?" Said the girl who had the most melodious voice he had ever heard.

"My name is Mark but you can call me Junior if you'd like" replied Junior when his cheeks turned red.

To stop the embarrassment he quickly said the first thing that came to his mind.
    "That's a cool looking Squirtle you have there" he said.

Aurora giggled at his poor attempt of looking dumb and said "Thank you, that's a nice Larvitar you have there too."
    Both kids began having a conversation about their Pokemon when gunshots interrupted them.

And the next thing he new was people running everywhere like crazy. There was a huge confusion in the park and people were just screaming and running. Both kids ran towards their parents respectively.

This was the first time Junior had been in this type of situation and he didn't know how to handle it. It was a good thing his Larvitar was at his side.

"Momma! Momma! Where are you!?!?" He yelled as he ran crying holding his head as if the whole state of confusion was affecting his mind.

He then saw in front of him the paramedics carrying a body in a stretcher. He couldn't see who was inside because the body was covered.
    And then he saw his father.

His father looked as if a part of his soul had just been stripped from him.
    He was barely on his feet when he approached his son. He dropped to his knees and hugged his son crying.

"Dad, what's wrong, where's mother?" Junior was no longer crying but his eyes were teary.

His father said nothing and he squeezed his son as if someone were trying to take him away.

Junior didn't understand exactly what had happened but he understood one thing, his mother wasn't coming back.

From that moment he entered in a state of mind shock. These events tore the family apart. What earlier seemed like a perfect life, in just a matter of seconds it turned into a nightmare.
    It was then that the news arrived and they began interviewing people.
    A news lady went up to a big tall man and asked if she could ask some questions. The man said yes at the chance to be on T.V.

"Sir, what exactly happened here?" asked the news lady.

"There was a shootout between two rival gangs and a couple was in the middle of it. The man tried to cover what seemed to be his wife but she was shot from the back and….."
    said the interviewee as he was interrupted.

"Ok thank you that would be enough; this is Emily Robertson reporting live from Crescent City." said the news lady proudly as if she was accomplishing something.

Just then the camera crew headed towards Mark and his son when a limo appeared and Marks security arrived to impede an interview with him or his son.

They both got on the limo and headed home to their mansion. The ride home that night was very sad and quiet. Neither expressed any emotion nor did they say anything to each other. Although there was a strange look on Marks face.
    They arrived to the mansion and Mark headed to his lab and locked himself.
    Junior went straight to his room on the upper level and got on his bed. There he remembered the look of despair on his fathers face and the body on the stretcher which he now knew was his mother.

He also remembered the strange look he saw on his father back in the limo. It was a look unlike anything else he'd seen before. It worried him for a while before his emotions burst and he began crying.

That night he cried himself to sleep with Larvitar lying asleep next to him.

That night Mark didn't sleep, he was planning something. He remembered an old legend about a legendary Pokemon who could grant wishes.

By this time, Mark was thinking irrationally, he actually believed he could revive the dead. This proved he had been greatly affected by his wives death.

He then went straight to work. That same night, together with his team of lead scientists and security staff he made drastic changes to his company.
    He was decided to pursue this legendary Pokemon, and capture it no matter the risk or cost.

He became a madman. He bought a remote island in the ocean where he would build headquarters.

He then contacted the darkest of trainers for his bidding and he paid them to work for him. Soon all of his hatred consumed him and he became evil.
    He stepped over anyone trying to get on his way of the wish making Pokemon.

He quickly gained a notorious reputation. It was the media that dubbed his organization the Nightmare Legion.

This was because he had grunts attack and assault research facilities that had any information regarding the legendary wish making Pokemon.

His son, Junior was against all of it but he did not dare go against his father.
    Ultimately he also wanted to have his mother in the flesh but he knew what his dad was doing was wrong.

Mark soon began to have so much more power that he enjoyed it. Soon he didn't just want to revive his wife. He wanted the whole world to feel what he felt when he lost his wife. He wanted the whole world to suffer.

His Pokemon were also affected by his negative feelings. They became filled with a dark power.

Junior had become a sickly child. He had always been used to his mother telling him what to do that he became really weak. His father hated this and he blamed Junior for being weak.

The decisions that Mark made would have serious consequences on the world and would tip the balance of good and evil.

Junior's life was about to get worse.

Last edited:

ShinyPikachu

Master of Masters
    Years
  • I'll have the next chapter soon so please keep checking.

Chapter 2: Replacing A Son

Last edited:

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
  • Ahem...

This story is, well.... a little out there. Let's start by clearing up the script-form problems:

1. Stop writing each character's thoughts and statements in weird script form. It's a little hard to read, and looks really, really unprofessional. My personal philosophy when it comes to fanfictions that aren't in script form is that they should be written out like a page in a book.

2. Begin a new paragraph when you change what you're describing or a speaker changes. That's textbook grammar, and it makes your story more readable besides. It also shows that you put effort into your writing, and didn't just slap something together (even if you did).

3. Add at least one line of space between each paragraph, just to make it easier on the eyes.

4. Don't post parts of chapters if you can help it. It doesn't really do anything for you. And don't feel rushed about writing chapters, just take your time. Once a month, I'd say, is a reasonable goal but any faster and you're either a writing genius or you're not seriously editing. My first fanfic died because I wrote too quickly and the quality slacked off, plus I was the only one who got a few of the jokes. (Don't look at it!)

And now for the actual content review (prepare for some traditional ACC goodness...):

Why the heck is the guy named Project Night? What project? And what the heck is N.I.G.H.T. an acronym for, or is all that part of the plot? Sorry, but I'm just a bit underwhelmed by the stereotypic acronyms and generic motives of the villains. Then again, stereotyping isn't always bad, it just isn't as creative as coming up with something new. The whole "Nightmare Pokeball" thing seemed a little more like a roleplay plot then a fanfic prologue, if you get my drift. Why don't you try combining it with the first chapter? All you need to do is move the text and add a division between the two parts. Then again, the prologue doesn't really do much for the story, other then establish the existence of team nightmare, the pokeball, etc. so perhaps you should eliminate it and proceed to reveal that information throughout the fic. Same with the characters, you didn't need to tell us everything about them before the chapter even started, you could have revealed their identities throughout the fic, which would have made you look like someone who doesn't need to depend on pre-chapter introductions to flesh out his characters, which we KNOW you are. Right? Finally, this entire story, if that main character list stands, has a surplus of amoral individuals and cardboard cutout villains, but hey, I've already said that. You should really attempt to give the bad guys a motive, after all. It isn't as if they're just bad for the sake of being so, after all. RIGHT? HAVE A NICE DAY! (Don't mind that part, that was just the ACC goodness I warned you about. Now, go forth and edit, and come back with something that doesn't look like a generic 3vil vi114in fic! And one last thing... who names their kid "Young Death"? I can see it being given as a "whisper behind his back" nickname, but I know that no matter how good-hearted I am, I wouldn't let someone call me such a lame nickname to my face. I'd either challenge them to a bizarre shadowgame and destroy their mind (because everyone knows that destroying people's minds with ancient magic is A-OK) or just rearrange their face. Either way, they wouldn't call me that anymore. So yeah, either give him a lamer nickname to reflect how much of a loser he is compared to NIGHT, or just give him a real name. That's about it.

Back