• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Nobility Likes Moneyyy

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So, this might of been just me, but, I noticed how the region of Kalos was centered around nobility, or the general 'likeness' of the nobility. Like, a lot of things in this game were pretty expensive, like how a hotel in Luminose City charges 100,000 yen to stay for one night, or how the restaurants in Luminose City charged around 2,500~500,000 yen to part-take in fine dining.

Well, while not everything in Kalos was expensive, sometimes you can see that there was also sort of a general theme on where you encountered places like castles, mansions, or any other places tht had butlers and maids, in which the place were owned by someone with a lot of money, or something like that.

Did anyone else notice that? What did you think of the spontaneous costs of various things around Kalos? How about the nobility - what did you think of the mansions, or castles that you've seen?

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    It's pretty much just in Luminose City. Everywhere else seemed like just normal prices and everything.

PumpJack

Gentleman Thug
    Years
  • It's a region based on France.

The French have a stereotype of being the fancy, haut-couture, sophisticated damoiselles and monsieurs. Of course the games are going the reflect that.

There's a lot of mansions and castles in Kalos because there are a lot of mansions and castles in Europe in general.

A lot of European countries still have monarchies, too.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    You have to be blind not to notice that duh.

Itis pretty well modelled after France, like the castle of the rich dude a pretty much exact copy of versailles including the gardens (well it doesnt have the huge lake but you get the idea.

Years
  • The region of Kalos is based on France, France like most of the old european powers has a massive focus on aristocracy. Powers, prestige these were all connected to your financies and your connection to the king. Example of this is the guy in Perfum Palace, he didn't EARN that palace but inherited it but still has such a strong tie to the royal family that he feels he can do what he wants.

It doesn't surprise me that butlers and maids are so apparent and prices are so high. As someone from England I can say we still actually HAVE an artistocracy with dukes and the like, so really the whole thing strikes me as accurate almost..tongue in cheek really XD.

Back