• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Noble and the Cunning (PG-17)

Magnemite

I'm in the past.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2016
    This is my fanfic, which I plan to update at regular intervals. It will also be accompanied by some relevant sprite work by yours truly. This story will possibly include some crude humor, drug use, sexual references, mild language, and partial nudity.

Nash and his Growlithe

Ridley and her Vibrava

Chapter One

As the sun rose over Hoenn, the city of Slateport was already alive and bustling. Nash opened his eyes and slowly adjusted to the light. He sat up lethargically, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. He sat motionless for a few seconds, still caught up in the confusion of the morning. He could hear his parents talking in the kitchen downstairs, and he soon realized what day it was. Today was Nash's 16th birthday. He jumped up out of bed and threw on a shirt and some pants then raced downstairs.

"Good morning Mom, good morning Dad." He said with a smile on his face.

"Happy birthday son," his father replied. "Your mother and I got you something."

"No way!" Nash shouted as his father placed a box wrapped in Lotad-print wrapping paper on the table.

"Go on, open it." His mother urged.

Nash carefully stripped the box of its blue and green paper skin and opened it. He shot up out of his chair when he realized what the box was hiding. Inside the box were several things. Nash lifted the shiny red Pokedex out of the box and smiled so brightly, he could light Granite Cave. Next he placed five Pokeballs on the table, one by one, making sure they wouldn't roll off. Finally, he revealed a Pokenav, which he immediately began toying around with.

"Nash," his mother said with a hint of sadness in her voice "You're 13 now. You can now set out across the continent to take the Pokemon Gym Challenge."

This was the moment that Nash had been waiting for his entire life. He was finally ready to begin his quest to become a Pokemon Master. After breakfast, he packed up his things and stood in the doorway, ecstatic. Tears came to his mother's eyes, and his father's pride could be seen in his face.

Nash turned to the world and stepped out into the crisp sea air. He placed his thumbs under his backpack straps and strode confidently towards Route 110. As he crossed the city line, he looked back on the place where he had spent the first 13 years of his life, then turned to the wild, where he would be writing the first chapter of his journey. As he was about to step onto the path to Mauville, he realized that he had no Pokemon.

"There's a first time for everything," he said aloud as he made his way towards a patch of grass. As soon as the first blades of grass folded beneath his feet, he heard the cry of a Growlithe. Growlithe, here? He thought to himself. Nash grabbed one of the empty Pokeballs at his waist and went to investigate the cry. As he came closer, he heard another sound. This time, a trainer.

"Why can't you do anything right, you stupid Pokemon?" The boy yelled at the Growlithe. But this was no ordinary Growlithe. Instead of the proverbial orange, it was white, with a darker mane and tail. Much more elegant. Nash thought to himself.

"Hey! Don't treat him like that!" Nash shouted.

"Why not? He's the weakest Pokemon in the whole world!" said the boy. "I don't want anything to do with you!" he shouted at the Growlithe. The boy turned and began walking away, but the Growlithe followed, its shaggy tail between its legs. "Don't follow me!" the boy yelled, and the Growlithe lowered its head to the ground, looking up at the boy, who pulled back his foot, getting ready to kick the Pokemon. Nash acted on instinct and threw the Pokeball in his hand at the boy, hitting him in the head. He had saved the Growlithe from the kick, but the boy now turned his anger towards Nash.

"If you want to be nice to the stupid thing so bad, take it! I don't care what happens to it!" he yelled and stormed off. The Growlithe made an attempt to follow him, but as he raised his foot again, the Pokemon returned to the clearing. He looked up at Nash, with a twinkle in his big brown eyes.

"Well, boy, I guess you're coming with me." Nash said, as he reached into his backpack and pulled out a sandwich. He tore off a piece and held it out for the Growlithe, who approached shyly, then quickly grabbed the food out of Nash's hand with his mouth.

Meanwhile, in Mauville, another adventure was beginning. Ridley, a 16-year-old girl, awoke and stood up from her bed in the corner of the Pokemon Center. She had been living in the Pokemon Center since she was seven and her parents disappeared at sea. They were on a cruise ship when the legendary Kyogre awoke and sunk it. She turned to Nurse Joy, who had been awake for several hours, and smiled. The pink-haired woman gestured for Ridley to come towards the counter.

"I have something for you, Ridley." Nurse Joy said. She placed a Pokeball on the counter. "It's the Vibrava you helped me take care of. I'm sure she will be better off with you."

"What do you mean? We both stay here at the Pokemon Center." Ridley replied, confused.

"Not anymore, Ridley. Today, you will begin a journey, a journey that will take you all across Hoenn. There are several berries and herbs on this continent that have medicinal properties. I need someone to bring all of these berries to me so that I may use them when I am treating Pokemon here, in the Pokemon Center. Because I have to stay here, that person must be you." Nurse Joy explained.

Ridley was hesitant. "I've never been out on my own before." She said softly.

"Ridley," Nurse Joy pleaded, "These berries will help me treat hundreds of injured Pokemon."

"Alright, Nurse Joy. I'll do it for the Pokemon!" Ridley exclaimed, both excited and nervous about her newfound responsibility. She picked up the Pokeball on the counter and let the Vibrava out. She emerged from the red and white orb and fluttered her glowing wings. The Vibrava's skin was dark, and her wings blue. She had grown dark from her sickness. Though she was now becoming healthy, she retained her unnatural color. Ridley packed up her things, a few Potions, some extra Pokeballs, and some Repel for those dangerous situations. She left Mauville City just as the morning activity began. She headed south on Route 110, on her way to Slateport, from where she would sail to Petalburg City.

As she strolled along the path, Vibrava floated along behind her. As a part of her recovery, Ridley allowed Vibrava out of her Pokeball as much as possible. The fresh air of the water lined route worked wonders for her health. Ridley looked towards the sky, littered with wispy white clouds and smiled. The humming of Vibrava's wings beating created a sort of melody, and Ridley began skipping to the beat. In a burst of excitement, she bolted down the path, and Vibrava's wings hummed faster as she tried to keep up.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Masquerade™ Inc. said:
    Today was Nash's 16th birthday. He jumped up out of bed and threw on a shirt and some pants then raced downstairs.

"Good morning Mom, good morning Dad." He said with a smile on his face.

"Happy birthday son," his father replied. "Your mother and I got you something."

"No way!" Nash shouted as his father placed a box wrapped in Lotad-print wrapping paper on the table.

"Go on, open it." His mother urged.

Nash carefully stripped the box of its blue and green paper skin and opened it. He shot up out of his chair when he realized what the box was hiding. Inside the box were several things. Nash lifted the shiny red Pokedex out of the box and smiled so brightly, he could light Granite Cave. Next he placed five Pokeballs on the table, one by one, making sure they wouldn't roll off. Finally, he revealed a Pokenav, which he immediately began toying around with.

"Nash," his mother said with a hint of sadness in her voice "You're 13 now.

All in all I think it was an awesome story, good job! But the bolded parts I quoted, were a mess up. First you said 16th birthday, then he was 13. Thats the only thing I noticed, after reading it once.

I like the detail, it was awesome! I could really see it in my head *pats on back*

Back