• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The November TCTI! [TCTI] V 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023

Oh god xD
    I don't wanna Raichu a love song, Raichu is emo.

Practice writing. I like.. Almost broke the character limit today on someones story today xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020

Actually, noob and n00b are both common variants of Newbie.
    Both of them are wrong, but in 1337 speak, they're both right.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2020

The word newbie is a variant of 'new boy' and comes from British public school and military slang. In the 1960s the term "newbie" also had a limited usage among U.S. troops in the Vietnam War as a slang term for a new man in a unit. Its earliest known usage on the Internet may have been on the USENET newsgroup talk.bizarre. The term is believed to have entered online usage by 1981.

Variants

Coming from an oral tradition, the term has variant spellings, including "newbee" (e.g. Los Angeles Times of August 1985: "It had to do with newbees. I could be wrong on the spelling, but newbees are the rookies among the Blue Angels...").
    Internet usage of the full spelling of "newbie" has not been as widely used as shortened forms. A common variant, usually use more than actual word, is "n00b" or "noob", in many cases a negative term where it degradingly refers to users who disrupt other users. Other spellings include "newb", "nub", "nooblet", "n00blet", or any version of these written in Leet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back