• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Now Generation

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ok, I've been quiet for a while, but that's because I've been occupied with tile making and tile inserting.
    Now, I've inserted the minimals for the first town and have yet to insert some smaller things needed.
    This is my map of the starter town where you live and start the game, the tiles are mixture of Kyledove's Sinnoh tiles and custom tiles made by myself.
    I have yet to insert the paths or signs yet but it does the job at the moment.
    So take a look and tell me what you think.
    Spoiler:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Oh yeah, sorry about not replying Haz, I was occupied with tile stuff, but yeah, I like the banners, so yeah, accepted as a banner maker.

Samike360, yes I'm still in need of an advanced scripter but no need for past experience, I've seen your scripts and they're good enough.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ok, quick update on what I'm working on, I decided to take a small break (probably just the weekend) from tile inserting as it was boring me senseless and so decided to brush up on my graphic editing and have started editing the intro cutscene in Fire Red (where Gengar fights Nidorino) and it's going well, I started small just to get reaquainted with how to do it and everything and have come up with this:
    The Now Generation

Now I know it doesn't look like I've changed anything but if you look closely you'll see that Nidorino now has two horns instead of one. Small I know but it's just to show that I can do it again. What I'm working on now is what to replace and what to replace it with.

EDIT: Also thought I'd post this, which is what I managed to do before I went off hacking a few months ago which I'll be able to do again with a little practice :)
    The Now Generation

This is an actual screenshot from ingame from one of my roms where I was editing the status/hp box to a Platinum style. I'll be creating a new design for the hack.

Last edited:

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ok, I did some tile making today and came up with some solar panels for the rooves of the houses in the starter town but couldn't decide which combination looked best, so I'm posting it here to get the team's and other PC members thoughts on which combo works best.
    Spoiler:

To keep it organised, please put which line of houses and the number of the house (1 is the farthest left and 5 or 4 is the farthest right)
    Ex:
    Line 1 - House 2 - (what you think)
    Line 4 - House 4 - (what you think)

Please let me know which in each row looks best out of that row and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Novus

EDIT: I will be creating a thread for the hack the team'll be working on sometime this week, (not counting tomorrow, Sunday) and properly start work on it.

Last edited:

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    the best to me are
    line 1 house 5
    line 2 house 1
    line 3 house 4
    line 4 house 2
    line 5 house 4
    but all of them look cool

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    brilliant,
    To me all of the house 1s are the best, because i dont think it looks that good with windows, but those are really good!

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Ok, taken into consideration and just to let you now Haz, those are meant to be solar panels, not windows, look the same though really. Anyway, I wasn't too keen on the way they looked so I made a solar panel on a stand that stands alone so can be put anywhere and I think looks better.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    Im liking the houses good tiles, and yea im not too keen on the Solar panels on houses, but solar panels on stands sounds better...

If your trying to think of somethin extra to put on some of your houses Maybe a satellite dish?

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Thanks NoMad, I'm liking the idea of the satelite dishes on the houses, adds a little something to the houses and what modern house would be without a couple thousand channels to flick through to your hearts content haha.
    Seriously though, I like the idea and I'll be making them sometime tomorrow.

-Novus-

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    I like the solar panel on the ground, it sounds great, and i can't wait to see NoMad's idea, i mean i havent seen a game with a sattelite dish before. You could do an attic inside the house aswell.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Helio everyone, just a quick update on how things are going at the moment.

Firstly, Taz Maverick has joined the team as a Scripter.
    Secondly, I'm currently still making and inserting tiles for the game as I want to get quite alot of them inserted before started mapping properly and I did a revamp of some of my buildings because of colour palette changes.
    I've also worked out the Pokedex for the game which includes a mixture of Pokemon from all four regions that will fit nicely with the climate of the region.
    I've also got alot of the history, backstory and events worked out for places, characters etc....

It shouldn't be too long before I have the new thread for the game up and work will begin properly (not that I wouldn't call tile making and inserting work haha).
    Also just to let people now, I've created a website for the game which isn't finished yet but will be open to the public when the thread is made.

I know this is taking a while but making tiles for an entire game isn't easy or quick so please bare with me.

-Novus-

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
    Oh right, haha. Sorry about that, when I accepted you before I was doing a quick check on a library computer and must've forgot to do it whe I got home.
    Changing now.

-Novus-

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Oh right, haha. Sorry about that, when I accepted you before I was doing a quick check on a library computer and must've forgot to do it whe I got home.
    Changing now.

-Novus-

Thanks man :) , I was just a bit confused wether or not you had accepted my banners!!!

dubboy

Sweet im in HackFight Inc
    Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2010
    Prefered Name:Bondkilla
    Username:Dubboy
    Position(s) Applying for:spritting
    Reason for applying to above position(s):I just love to sprite
    Proof Of Work (At least three for each position):attachments
    Contact Information (Can pm if you wish):[email protected]

0d'

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2014
    Username: 0d, ZERO D
    Position(s) Applying for: banner maker
    Reason for applying to above position(s): I want to do something useful to help you guys :D
    Proof Of Work (At least three for each position): I havn't posting permition yet so I'm gonna put some banners up in my sign.
    Contact Information (Can pm if you wish): pm, I prefer

Back