• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nubbiest Nub King

EB

Re: World
Years
  • Sup, PC!

I'm Earth Boy/EB/Matt and I'm 19 years old. Here's me → \o/

This forum is pretty cool (albeit a little crazy!). I've managed to find a little home in TC's mibbit chat, which was really my first and biggest step into this community. I still spend the majority of my time there; everyone has been super friendly!

I'd gone on a bit of a hiatus towards the end of 2012, iirc. Life demanded attention, which I rallied to. I had also lost a good portion of my interest in Pokemon -- or so I convinced myself -- and needed a good break.

But I'm back to stay! <3

Is this the point where I talk more about myself?

I was born and raised in a smaller part of Florida, only visiting other states occasionally and never leaving the US. My "Preschool - 8th grade" life was pretty uneventful, mostly due to ridiculous amounts of sheltering and high scholarly expectations, but I still managed to enjoy myself. How can you miss what you don't know, right?

My love was music -- mainly in the form of piano. I started lessons in 3rd grade and it became the deciding factor in which high school I chose to attend. I ate up my high school's music department and took up singing somewhere along the way. I took everything from Chorus to AP Music Theory as I pursued my skills as a pianist, always volunteering for extracurricular groups like Vocal Jazz and Florida's All-State Chorus. Music was my life, or in retrospect, my escape from it. Since then, my pursuit of music has waned, at least from a professional standpoint. The impact it made on my life was huge and it will undoubtedly continue to influence my views of music, but I had to stop short once the talent I'd grown to love gradually became a chore, and eventually a weighing stress. I'd much rather keep piano and singing as a hobby, rather than an impractical job.

=

I've only ever had as much passion for something in one other activity, a video game actually. This game shaped my youth rather unexpectedly and was the key component in my healthy taste for competition. While considered a party game by most, this game was soon recognized as a beautiful accident when it came to complexity, speed, and split-second precision. I go out of my way to challenge myself -- it's part of my personality -- so when I say that I haven't found a more difficult video game, you're listening to someone who's searched high and low for one. The only equivalent I've found is top-level Starcraft, which I'd undoubtedly play if I didn't prefer fighting games.

Super Smash Bros. Melee's competitive gameplay is beyond ridiculous. I won't nerd out anymore about it, but if you're interested in how this game became the technical monster it is today, check out this amazing one-man documentary, The Smash Brothers.

=

Around the end of high school I immersed myself in philosophy. I love learning about how we learn, differing epistemologies and belief systems, and general human nature. Learning new things about yourself every day is something I've found to be refreshing. I've also thought of pursuing writing as a skill, at the request of many teachers, but I haven't gotten around to it. I don't read enough anyway.

/shrugs

Did you enjoy my caffeine ramble?? =3

If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, I guess this is the place to ask!

Back