• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread [HG/SS]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
    Years
    ~The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread~

Hello and welcome to the Nuzlocke Challenge Thread. Here you can post about your Nuzlocke adventures and experience another new and exciting way to play your Pokemon games. The Nuzlocke Challenge can have many different rule sets to make the challenge harder or easier on oneself, but the main idea of the Nuzlocke challenge is that if your Pokemon faints, they are "dead" and you must release them or just box them away and not use them for the rest of the challenge. Really, you're goal should be to make things as hard as you honestly think you can handle and see how it goes. This thread's main ruleset will be based on my own modified rules but you can change them in any way you'd like in the spirit of the challenge.

~Rules

1. If a Pokemon in your party faints, you must release it ASAP. You cannot use Revives.
    2. When you reach a new Route/Cave/Town/Ect. you can only catch the first Pokemon you see in that Area. You are allowed to have Pokemon in your PC box as "backup" for when you need new members to replace fainted ones.
    3. If you fail to catch the first Pokemon you see for ANY reason then you've missed out on your chance to get a Pokemon from that area. Because of this rule, you cannot catch any Pokemon on Route 1, ect. if you saw one there.
    4. You may only buy up to 10 Pokeballs from each Pokemart.
    5. You are not allowed to use Legendary Pokemon.
    6. If a town contains Gift Pokemon, you may treat these as your captured Pokemon for said area. For example, the Eevee you obtain from Bill in Goldenrod.
    7. Nickname all of your Pokemon so you have an attachment to them. "Each Pokemon is a best friend to you, to see them die is heartbreaking." (Not really a required rule, but makes things fun.)
    8. If you black out (all party Pokemon faint) and you have no backups in your PC, it's Game Over.
    9. You are not allowed to use any healing items outside of battle.
    10. You are not allowed to switch out before the trainer sends in his next Pokemon. (Change that setting in the Options Menu)
    11. No trading between games, hacking pokemon, ect. You know, stay in the spirit of the challenge...

~Challengers Post saying which game you're doing the challenge on if you'd like to be on this list.

~HeartGold
    RaveSage | DESU
    Myrrhman | A
    ~SoulSliver

~Other Rules You can add these to make your hell more special. Post if you have a suggestion for this list.

• You may only heal at a town's Pokemon Center's once.
    • You may not buy any pokeballs.
    • You may not buy any healing items.
    • You may not use any healing items.

~Sig Add-ons

-N/A-

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
    Oh wow, there's a Nuzlocke for HG. I'm in as soon as I finish my first playthrough. I'm in Cianwood City right now in it, so it will take some time, but I am a dedicated Pokemon Master, so it shouldn't take that long.

When I do join, it will be

Name: Myrrhman
    Game Name: A
    Game: Heart Gold

RaveSage

Eccentric Sheep
    Years
    Bumping this so I might as well say where I'm at on my HG playthrough. Not recoding it.

Recently I made it to the 4th gym leaders town and I'm grinding up the Sudowoodo that killed my Dunsparce. :(

So far on my team I have Rhok the Sudowoodo, Kill the Togepi, Kyun the Bayleff, and "Numbers" the Noktowl. I call him numbers because I litterally just mashed some numbers for his name.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back