• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Nuzlocke Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well, once they've evolved I'll probably deposit them and keep them as reserves incase one of my new Pokemon faints.

Edit: Woooaaaaahhhhh, hold the phone! Bibarel is part Water type?! Everything went better than expected!

Also, just out of curiousity, why are people posted their HG/SS challenges in here?

^^idk its just cuz both games are gen 4 I need to start a new thread for HG/SS
    what do you think of meh comics?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Okay so I started and got all the way through the Oreburg gym.
    No deaths yet.
    But only caught a few pokemon.

Zova- Level 11 Starly
    Shinx- Level 11 Shinx
    Turfy- Level 15 Turtwig
    Zubat- Level 5 Zubat

>.> This challenge is annnoying haha

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    This challenge is annoying. I love it. Haha.
    Well umm.. went through all the floaroma bull and i was scared, stunky poisoned Zova and zova was brought to the red after stunky died.
    So I sent out Shinx, and hit a charged spark and brought purugly to yellow but switched out cause it was almost dead.
    Sent out Turfy and hit a critical razor leaf <3 and killed purugly.
    Waited until Friday (today) and cought the drifloon outside the windworks and named it loony.

Party:
    Shinx
    Staravia
    Turtwig
    Drifloon

Box 1 (backup)
    Zubat
    Budew

Deathes
    NONE (thanks to grinding >.<)

rew_s11

ERROR 404
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016
    Haven't update in a few weeks
    - trained brine
    - beat galactics in veilstone
    - beat galactics in mt colonet
    - beat cyrus and giratina
    - beat volkner
    Team:
    Spoiler:

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
  • 3rd Update

Well, I've made more progress, and more fallen members.

After turning my DS on to resume the Nuzlocke Challenge, the first thing I did was check out the honey tree that I slathered honey on at the Valley Windworks, in a ditch effort at aquiring a Heracross.

Instead I got a Wurmple, which I didn't really think much of at the time, but would eventually come to like. I nicknamed it Wings, after one of my favourite bands, and because it will make sense once it evolves.

I headed up Route 205 and proceeded to beat all the trainers there. I headed for to Eterna Forest, preparing to catch my next Pokemon.

However, I was then confronted by that girl who you have to help through. I forget her name, but instantly realised the only reason for this is so that you can experience double battles with 2 seperate trainers and a companion.

We ran into some Pokemon in the grass on the way, but since they appear in twos, it somehow becomes 'impossible' to catch them.

I wasn't sure whether or not that should count as my seen Pokemon for that area, since I was physically unable to catch the Pokemon.

So once we got out and the trainer with the Chansey left me, I went back in and decided to catch the first Pokemon I saw. Whether or not this kind of thing is breaking the rules, I don't know. Please let me know if it is.

Anyways, the first thing I saw was a Budew.

Being somewhat unfamiliar with this Generation and having only played through it properly once, I had no idea what a Budew was and had no memory of ever seeing one, but nonetheless, I caught it easily, and named it Wadis (what's this?).

Unfortunately my current team lacked variation, consisting of 2 Grass types and a Bug type, but that isn't really of much concern to me. If one faints, I have another in reserve.

I grinded Wadis and Wings up to level 16, and Wings evolved twice in the process, giving me my first 2nd stage Pokemon.

Anyways, having exited Eterna Forest, I was hoping I'd be able to catch a new Pokemon outside in some grass. Nope. Apparently it was still part of Route 205. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Once I got to Eterna City, I decided to get the Gym out of the way. The Gym leader looked like a Bug type leader, which would have sucked, but luckily she turned out to be a Grass type leader.

I made short work of all the trainers, mainly with Wadis and Wings, hoping Wadis would evolve at some point. At the time I didn't know what it would evolve into, so I was anticipating a surprise.

Then came Gardina. She wasn't too hard, apart from the fact that her turtwig kept on Withdrawing and using Reflect. Unfortunately, Wadis fainted at the hands (or roses) of her Roserade (which, I guess means that if I broke the rules when I caught it, it no longer matters). Wings was knocked down to 2HP and Poisoned, but luckily I had a Pecha Berry on hand. Grotle took care of the rest.

After that, I ventured out onto Route 206 to catch a new Pokemon, thinking "Yep, I'm about to find a Bidoof, yeah, definately a Bidoof...oh, there's the wild Pokemon music, it's a Bidoof I know it....".

To my surprise, I didn't find a Bidoof. I actually found a Meditite, which is good. I named it Titan. I could do with a Psychic and a Fighting type, and I got it in one. Sweet.

Then I went to Mt. Coronet, expecting either a Geodude or a Zubat, which is actually what I was looking for to replace Bautz/Edud.

Nope, I found a Cleffa. Of all Pokemon, Cleffa was not the one I expected to find. But hey, raising a Clefable is bound to have it's benefits, due to the versitality of the movepools of Normal type Pokemon. Nicknamed it Effoff.

I also found the Name Rater and Nicknamed Grotle Waltzer, since I was listening to a Waltz piano piece prior to meeting the Name Rater.

After grinding them up to level 15, I saved outside the team Galactic building.

Oh, and somewhere between all of that, Herpderp the Bidoof fainted. I can't say I really cared that much, TBH. That's 4 dead Bidoofs thus far. They clearly aren't fit for my team.

Team
    Spoiler:

Dead
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Jus lettin everyone know I'm done with my HG/SS challenge

My team after the E4 was

Ellie Lv. 50 F
    Leona Lv. 56 F
    Buzzer Lv. 54 M
    Mr. Tricks Lv. 49 M
    ---------------------------
    THE FALLEN
    Travis Lv. 12 (Nidoran)
    Marley Lv. 30 (Hitmonchan)
    Lil' Twist Lv. 40 (Clair's Kingdra)
    Lesnar Lv. 40 (Clair's Kingdra)
    Chompy Lv. 44 (Graveler)
    Jordan Lv. 51 (Karen's Vileplume)
    Vance Lv. 50 (Lance's Dragonite)

tpmrpg

Beginning Hacker, Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2013
    Alright sign me up for a diamond challenge and a pearl challenge

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ATTENTION
    TO EVERYONE PARTICIPATING IN A NUZLOCKE CHALLENGE, THERE IS GOING TO BE A NUZLOCKE GENERAL THREAD SOON WITH A SECTION FOR DPPt SO CONTINUE POSTING YOUR RUN THERE.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • After finally returning after a long trip in a far away country, nearly being duped of buying fake copies of Emerald/Sapphire twice, I return to you! The update will take a while to make however, my memory being fuzzy and all, but please, bear with me!

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2010
    I want to participate in this challenge. I'm going to do it in Pearl. I have one question though. One of the rules is to not heal outside of battle. Are we allowed to heal during battle?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back